Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
nickamandote
KVRist

372 posts since 24 Nov, 2012

Postby nickamandote; Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:49 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

What's the best format to upload to soundcloud please? (.wav or 320 kbs mp3)

well this almost answered my question
acc. to https://www.justmastering.com/article-mixingformp3.php
it should be " .wav and keep peaks below -1dBFS, in fact they recommend -2dBFS"

Thanks
wagtunes
KVRAF

7779 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:13 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

nickamandote wrote:What's the best format to upload to soundcloud please? (.wav or 320 kbs mp3)

well this almost answered my question
acc. to https://www.justmastering.com/article-mixingformp3.php
it should be " .wav and keep peaks below -1dBFS, in fact they recommend -2dBFS"

Thanks

IMO, wav.
vitalker
KVRist

77 posts since 25 Sep, 2013

Postby vitalker; Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:49 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

nickamandote wrote:What's the best format to upload to soundcloud please? (.wav or 320 kbs mp3)

As soundcloud compress the sound to 128kb/s mp3, it's better to upload wav file.
EnGee
KVRAF

3734 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland

Postby EnGee; Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:54 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

I used mp3 (320 kbs) as I assumed wrong that only this format is allowed! Anyway, I might use Flac next time, but I have to dither first from 24bit to 16bit like the old days, right?
i5 & i7 Windows 10 64bit, Presonus iTwo, PX-5S, Blofeld and Yamaha HS7.
Cubase 9 Artist, S1v3 Pro, FLS Producer, Reaper, and some nice soft synths and effects.
besh
KVRist

102 posts since 8 Jun, 2012

Postby besh; Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:07 am Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

https://soundcloud.com/wirkmenge/zeitpunkt

my Track for the OSC #98
done in Ableton Live 9.5
18 x PolyAdd Lite by Synthlord
host FX: delay, reverb, compressor, limiter, autofilter
freeware FX: Pancake , Oldskool reverb, Tal dub3, Freeverb Too
commercial FX: Replika, Warmverb (only verb), Supercharger, LFO Tool
Medniex
KVRer

12 posts since 16 Apr, 2017, from Rīga

Postby Medniex; Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:48 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

Hi!

I'm a newbie here and this is my first attempt to make something entirely in DAW. I discovered about this place through u-he website, because I watched random youtube videos by sonicstate and I wanted to know what's that amazing Hive thing is :D So I decided that this is great place to start explore world of VST(s) and probably get my hands on something fresh.
Funny that when I finally decided to submit something it's "any synth" challenge and I don't have any fancy DAW synths apart from original-ones that comes with Ableton Live. I only have Mono Junction that works through Max for Live. Probably too challenging for the first attempt.

There's my contribution to this challenge.

https://soundcloud.com/medniex/almost-round-wheel

DAW: Live 9
19x Mono Junction by Metafunction & Sonicstate
host FX: EQ, reverb, autopan, utility, compressor and slight addition with saturator + limiter for master
KO :ud:
vitalker
KVRist

77 posts since 25 Sep, 2013

Postby vitalker; Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:19 am Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

EnGee wrote:Anyway, I might use Flac next time, but I have to dither first from 24bit to 16bit like the old days, right?
I suppose yes, you have to.
EnGee
KVRAF

3734 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland

Postby EnGee; Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:30 am Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

vitalker wrote:
EnGee wrote:Anyway, I might use Flac next time, but I have to dither first from 24bit to 16bit like the old days, right?
I suppose yes, you have to.

Thanks, I'll consider it next time :)
i5 & i7 Windows 10 64bit, Presonus iTwo, PX-5S, Blofeld and Yamaha HS7.
Cubase 9 Artist, S1v3 Pro, FLS Producer, Reaper, and some nice soft synths and effects.
TrojakEW
KVRist

85 posts since 20 Mar, 2012

Postby TrojakEW; Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:08 am Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

https://soundcloud.com/trojakew/dont-stop
FL Studio 12.3
16 instances of Eclipsis
DAW FX's:
1x Soundgoodizer
1x Fruity Limiter
5x Fruity Parametric EQ 2
1x Maximus
Other FX's:
2x Amplio 2

Good reminder for me how badly have flowstone implemented Ruby language. Im not able to close project with 16 instances. Need too close FL in task manager. I cant even delete any of Eclipsis instances without making FL studio not respond. Otherwise works and load fine. :lol: Im also experiencing some sort of crisis. Im not able to make anyhting sounds usable and more time and work spent on this one only make it worse. Don't stop and keep moving. :hyper:
574X
KVRist

114 posts since 25 Aug, 2016

Postby 574X; Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:40 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

TrojakEW wrote:"Im also experiencing some sort of crisis. Im not able to make anyhting sounds usable and more time and work spent on this one only make it worse. Don't stop and keep moving. :hyper:"

I agree, always keep moving. That's a great reminder.
Here's a random idea that might help. Maybe try to remember what you liked about the sound originally and just put some kind of filter on it and add another layer. Also, that's one reason I make a custom init with basic waveforms and an appealing, but otherwise bypassed signal path. That way I always have an easy, clean foundation.

I'm ecstatic :D :hyper: - suddenly I can stack Amplio2! It used to be that if I had 2 stacked anywhere in the chain, it would completely destroy the signal.

So my search for a multiband saturator in a single GUI wore on, until I came across the gentler Overtone GEQ, and Kjaerhus Classic EQ, and finally HY-MBDrive for the heavy lifting. Eventually for my default I settled on, yep you guessed it, Melda MLimiter :lol:. I just have a thing for wave folding and tube harmonics.

The thing is that Amplio2 just does so much and so quickly, at such low cpu use. Imagine how amazing it would be if those gates could be switched to compressors :o . After I'd wake up from fainting, I'd probably rarely use anything else.
TrojakEW
KVRist

85 posts since 20 Mar, 2012

Postby TrojakEW; Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:25 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

Thanks for suggestion 574X :tu: . Sometimes it is more like I cant do anything overall. As if I were not myself and my mind is empty but not in peace. Staring at the ceiling. Frustrating.

Amplio exist just because I cant find anything like that. Something to "destroy" the signal quickly :lol:. There is succesor for Amplio 2 planned and in work but because I use flowstone I loose interest because of all those limits and bugs comming from it.
] Peter:H [
KVRist

101 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby ] Peter:H [; Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:53 am Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

I'm not taking part this month because the rule making - or the rule obeying mode - of OSC is something I don't like (see OSC #97 thread). So this is actually my farewell after a short period of OSC, the track I've started to throw together by the begining of April, but more abandoned than finished...
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/the-evacuation-of-the-lizzards-took-longer-than-expected

MPowerSynths and a lot of other Melda stuff. To lazy to write all...
Zero Ring
KVRer

7 posts since 3 Apr, 2017

Postby Zero Ring; Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:32 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

] Peter:H [ wrote:I'm not taking part this month because the rule making - or the rule obeying mode - of OSC is something I don't like (see OSC #97 thread). So this is actually my farewell after a short period of OSC, the track I've started to throw together by the begining of April, but more abandoned than finished...
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/the-evacuation-of-the-lizzards-took-longer-than-expected

MPowerSynths and a lot of other Melda stuff. To lazy to write all...

Wait, why don't you like the rules?? I think it gives people entering the contest a good challenge to help them grow as producers and to make us think outside the box.
ZR
lemmike
KVRist

46 posts since 30 Apr, 2010, from Copenhagen, Denmark

Postby lemmike; Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:40 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

Here is my track for One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed

Track made in Ableton Live 9.7 using 39 instances of Strobe2 by FXpansion

Ableton Live host fx:

1 x Overdrive
5 x AutoFilter
1 x EQ Eight
3 x Compressor
2 x EQ Three
1 x Ping Pong Delay
1 x Convolution Reverb Pro

Commercial fx:

1 x DCAMBusComp by FXpansion
3 x DCAMChanComp by FXpansion
3 x Bloom by FXpansion
1 x Maul by FXpansion
2 x Neutron by iZotope
1 x Turnado by Sugar Bytes
1 x Repeater by D16 Group

https://soundcloud.com/sorenlp/lemmike-ouija
Darksynth FX
KVRist

85 posts since 14 May, 2016, from Vienna

Postby Darksynth FX; Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:35 am Re: One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth + Commercial FX Allowed (New Prizes: $150 cash and more)

My submission:

https://soundcloud.com/darksynth-fx/dar ... talo-disco

DAW: Ableton Live 9 Suite

10x Z3ta+2
12x Ableton EQ8
2x Ableton Compressor
2x Xfer OTT
1x Ableton Saturator
2x MTransient
2x Valhalla VintageVerb
3x Ableton Delay
1x Fabfilter Pro-L