What's your favorite software synth to program, and why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Simple thread really ...

What's your favorite software synth to program, and why?
Bitwig Certified Trainer

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

I really like Zebra 2 because it's straightforward. You literally see the signal path.

I like Izotope Iris because you literally see the signal.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Not a clue

I gave a detailed explanation of Apple's Alchemy 2 here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2#p6746352

It is a remarkable synthesizer / sampler.
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

ImageLine Autogun, I don't think that it gets any easier than this.

ghettosynth wrote:ImageLine Autogun, I don't think that it gets any easier than this.
I guess, although i wouldn't call switching through presets programming a synth.

chk071 wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:ImageLine Autogun, I don't think that it gets any easier than this.
I guess, although i wouldn't call switching through presets programming a synth.
Check your privilege!

favorite to program? simple... synths with sliders. like PG8X and Surge. nothing
drives me nuts when sound designing more than fiddly rotary knobs.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Sylenth1 for me. Mainly because its clean and Straightforeward. I also am really fond of Image-lines Toxic Biohazard, A.N.A and Ableton's Operator. Don't know why really, just some softsynths just seem to click with me. 

softube modular

RP Predator 1 or NI Absynth. Pred is easy to understand and the workflow is great, Absynth is just so deep and insane.

Omnisphere. The right-click-assign with easy detail pop up windows and great features, makes it my favorite.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

For me the patch randomizer/morpher/breeder is my friend with any synth. When applied sensibly you get the most out of a synth (and no two sounds are alike ;) )

Return to “Instruments”