Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
DJ-Superherpes
KVRist

199 posts since 28 Jun, 2014

Postby DJ-Superherpes; Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:57 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

@numanoid:

Yes it is! You nee reaktor 5 or higher.
David
KVRist

195 posts since 5 Jan, 2003, from Brookings, OR

Postby David; Tue May 02, 2017 5:00 pm Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Got it, thanks! Much reading:)

But:

DJ-Superherpes
KVRist

Postby DJ-Superherpes; Wed May 03, 2017 12:08 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Consummatum est - Wellenreiter is released!

All owners should got an email with their licenses. If not, write me an email.

IMPORTANT: Do not use the the version from the first mail yesterday. Just use this item from the latest email.

@David: Thanks, i was a little tired yesterday;-) Its fixed now!
tatanka
KVRian

650 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Wed May 03, 2017 11:05 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

What a marvellous engine :o but I must admit it leaves lot of :?: :?: :?: for the start.

First: where can I find the "WR Quickstart.pages" help or is it (at the moment) just the few words when you go on the "?????" menue ?

Second: anyway at the moment to find answers to such simple question as:
- how to turn the seq on and off ?
- if I find the knob to turn it off does that mean WR just plays the notes from my midi track ?
- are there any special "play modes" like in Teppichleger or ist it just "seq on"=seq notes playing" "seq off" midi notes from track/keyboard playing ?
- what do the notes ? chords ? on main menu in combination with the scale, incoming notes, seq mean, I really need to understand how this all works together
- or to aks in another way: how do incoming midi notes interact with all this stuff

I am not sure if I understand the structure of the samples to load:
- "welle 1" means the actual and at the moment only bank of samples (so that maybe later some extension may come with "welle2" etc. ?
- when I choose an instrument category from the two sampleplayers I can choose the different samples of that category with the up/down buttons or choose another instrument category
- but how exactly do the packets under the instrument categories work together with this ? If I change the packet/flex for packet I end up in another instrument category so I dont really understan how this exactly works together, I know how to start with a preset, select instrument category and sample(s) for that category, but then....

I think other questions about modulations etc. will come if I understand the basics (basic/quick tutorial/"how to" will be really handy) how this all works together

First impression: :o :o :o
This is NOT a sampleplayer, it is kind of an integrated whole "WORKSTATION" with sample engines, effects, sequence generator and.......

Presets (only the ones at the beginning....) give an (first) impression of what might be possible but I am sure they are not even scratching the surface of this beast :hihi:
David
KVRist

Postby David; Wed May 03, 2017 11:33 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

tatanka wrote:What a marvellous engine :o but I must admit it leaves lot of :?: :?: :?: for the start.

First: where can I find the "WR Quickstart.pages" help or is it (at the moment) just the few words when you go on the "?????" menue ?

Second: anyway at the moment to find answers to such simple question as:
- how to turn the seq on and off ?
- if I find the knob to turn it off does that mean WR just plays the notes from my midi track ?
- are there any special "play modes" like in Teppichleger or ist it just "seq on"=seq notes playing" "seq off" midi notes from track/keyboard playing ?
- what do the notes ? chords ? on main menu in combination with the scale, incoming notes, seq mean, I really need to understand how this all works together
- or to aks in another way: how do incoming midi notes interact with all this stuff

What he said! (Thanks, tatanka:)
DJ-Superherpes
KVRist

Postby DJ-Superherpes; Thu May 04, 2017 3:45 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Thank you guys. I love compliments;-)

You are right there is still something in ????-state.
Thats because of release-date-pressure. Lats 2 weeks i worked hard, but the weeks before i took it too loose ;-) Shame!

Indeed, the too little and cheap presets so far do not mirror the possibilities and the sound-quality of this machine.
There will come more and better presets with the next update (in a week /10 days).
More talented preset-creators than me have announced their support :-) I do not know, i have no talent for such things :?

@tatanka:
The Quickstart is the PDF file inside the bundle.
Most of your questions are covered there.

1. The menue help - i have grab this idea! (this item is now called MISC for different automatically views).

2. Yeah, in this version you need to mute all 4 lanes to "stop" the PD. Only than your midi-notes from host will reach the sound-modules.
In the next update there will be one-simple--button-on-off for switching PD / host-midi.

In this version you should not mixed up host-notes and PD-notes. Use either an empty host clip or a muted PD.
Booth is possible, but booth together: do not do so!

You need an empty host-clip for eg bouncing 4 bars. All PD stuff will be correctly written in the 4 bar bounced-audio-file.
Or to record the PD output for other use.
In Live and Bitwig you can easy recored the PD-notes as a host-midi-file (maybe in other host too, i do not know).
Than do some fine-edits and use this clip as a "new" source (all PD-lanes should than be muted).

3. In one of next updates (not the current one) i will implement that you can use single host-notes as "root-note" for PD - "chords".
Each host-single-note will create a triad (plus the current set for the 4. lane) It will automatically pitch-correct to the selected, eg. in C- Major a host-C
will be a C_E_G (plus the 4t. pitch). In Minor it will be C_D#_G... Or if your host-note is a F it will be F_A_C in major or F_G#_C in minor....
Same in other scales: only the allowed intervals are used! You just need to select a key and scale; resp. a microtune/equal tune, however you call this.
In later version it will possible that you can use any host-clip and it will almost pass-trough - only the selected scale-correction will re-pitch if necessary.

You can switch between classical scales and the MT-"scales" via double-click on the this area-field.

In this version you should not mixed up host-notes and PD-notes. Use either an empty host clip or a muted PD.
Booth is possible, but booth together, do not do so!

You need an empty host-clip for eg bouncing 4 bars. All PD stuff will be written in the 4 bar bounced-file.
Or to record the PD output for other use. In Live and Bitwig you can easy recored the PD-notes as a host-midi-file (maybe in other host too, i do not know).
Than do some fine-edits and use this clip as source (PD-lanes must be muted).

However, a real manual is in work and will also included in the next update.
So far, Take this WR-version, as a public demonstration of what it will be very soon!
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Thu May 04, 2017 4:04 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Hi DJ,

@tatanka:
The Quickstart is the PDF file inside the bundle.
Most of your questions are covered there.

Nope, there is no pdf in the bundle, only a file with non readable extension (I am on work, I dont have it here and dont want to download bundle again), this why I thought it might be an internal reaktor format for help. Maybe just extension is wrong and I can rename it to pdf ? Otherwise would be great if you can post it here or sent mail with link to the pdf. I was wondering cause you wrote soemthing about short manual.

EDIT: renaming dont help, this is definitely no (win ?) pdf, ending is "WR Quickstart.pages"
Last edited by tatanka on Thu May 04, 2017 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Thu May 04, 2017 4:12 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

And already a request (before even understanding the basics :oops: ):

- midi drag and drop for the generated sequencer notes/chords/sequences would be absolutely wonderful and would improve useability by a multiple (just had a similiar discussion on some kontatk lib stuff and we convinced the dev :hihi: but I am not sure how difficult to implement in reaktor)

Looking forward to all the magic and marvellous stuff to come and happen with this spacecraft engine of sound :D :D
David
KVRist

Postby David; Thu May 04, 2017 8:12 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

The pdf WR Quickstart is actually a .pages file, so it opens fine on my Mac with Pages installed, but…
Last edited by David on Thu May 04, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJ-Superherpes
KVRist

Postby DJ-Superherpes; Thu May 04, 2017 8:28 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

tatanka wrote:Nope, there is no pdf in the bundle, only a file with non readable extension...

yeah, i was a little bit confused last days (its a pages-doc, not a pdf).
All owners should now have a readable pdf in the new mail.

---------

Midi drag/drop would be even more easy than recording in Ableton, but reaktor 5 definitely does not support stunts like this. Maybe NI will implement in #6 any when, but so far there is no module/feature like this.
And no hack is able to round this obstacle.
David
KVRist

Postby David; Thu May 04, 2017 8:47 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

DJ-Superherpes wrote:
2. Yeah, in this version you need to mute all 4 lanes to "stop" the PD. Only than your midi-notes from host will reach the sound-modules.
In the next update there will be one-simple--button-on-off for switching PD / host-midi.

Thanks for this info! Unfortunately, even with the SEQ tracks all muted, I can't get any response from MIDI notes when running in stand-alone mode w/clock on (opened in Logic it's working, so long as the transport is looping). In stand-alone found that MIDI input for the ensemble was turned off in the Properties, but turning it on for my keyboard or All didn't help. Ideas?

Hasn't stopped me from already getting some lovely results. Really enjoying the simplified seq:) Also works great running other plugins via IAC buss on my Mac, from Reaktor stand-alone. Looking forward to all your plans for this thing!

Thanks again! So glad I was wise enough to invest in Aggregati Musika:)
David
DJ-Superherpes
KVRist

Postby DJ-Superherpes; Thu May 04, 2017 1:50 pm Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

David wrote: Unfortunately, even with the SEQ tracks all muted, I can't get any response from MIDI notes when running in stand-alone mode w/clock on (opened in Logic it's working, so long as the transport is looping).

Hi David, this is also described in the quick-guide (do you got the new mail with it in?)

Even in standalone the reaktor clock must run (hit space for toggle run/stop)!
This is for saving CPU - as long as stoped, the whole WR gets sleep.
If you do not like this behavior, go to to options and set CPU-Sleep to NO!
Only than WR is always "on".
If you want this setting as permanent default you must overwrite WR. Otherwise it will always start with CPU-Sleep = YES!
David
KVRist

Postby David; Thu May 04, 2017 2:09 pm Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

DJ-Superherpes wrote:
David wrote: Unfortunately, even with the SEQ tracks all muted, I can't get any response from MIDI notes when running in stand-alone mode w/clock on (opened in Logic it's working, so long as the transport is looping).

Hi David, this is also described in the quick-guide (do you got the new mail with it in?)

Even in standalone the reaktor clock must run (hit space for toggle run/stop)!
This is for saving CPU - as long as stoped, the whole WR gets sleep.
If you do not like this behavior, go to to options and set CPU-Sleep to NO!
Only than WR is always "on".
If you want this setting as permanent default you must overwrite WR. Otherwise it will always start with CPU-Sleep = YES!

I must be missing something. I can't see any reference in the Quick Start to no MIDI input in stand-alone. I can use my QWERT keys, but not my MIDI keyboard. I've enabled External MIDI, always have the Clock running, tried setting the CPU Sleep OPT to No, all tracks muted but nothing…
DJ-Superherpes
KVRist

Postby DJ-Superherpes; Thu May 04, 2017 11:26 pm Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Ah ok, now i see your point: Here comes the fix!

1. Open in standalone (edit mode F1)
2. click the magnify to see the side bar
3. click there the last tab and below "connect"
4. click (in WR) any wehre between the 2 wave-views (in the side bar you must see SAM INSTR)
5. go to sidebar "from external device" and select a specific midi-port or all
6. save / overwrite the whole WR (otherwise you have to do this every start).

(If i read your post right you always have done this steps, except #4 - its important: you must see SAM INSTR not WR in the adress-field).

(in the next update i will set this external port as default to ALL, thank you!)
David
KVRist

Postby David; Fri May 05, 2017 12:14 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

DJ-Superherpes wrote:Ah ok, now i see your point: Here comes the fix!

1. Open in standalone (edit mode F1)
2. click the magnify to see the side bar
3. click there the last tab and below "connect"
4. click (in WR) any wehre between the 2 wave-views (in the side bar you must see SAM INSTR)
5. go to sidebar "from external device" and select a specific midi-port or all
6. save / overwrite the whole WR (otherwise you have to do this every start).

(If i read your post right you always have done this steps, except #4 - its important: you must see SAM INSTR not WR in the adress-field).

(in the next update i will set this external port as default to ALL, thank you!)

perfect:)THanks!!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments