Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
DJ-Superherpes
KVRist

199 posts since 28 Jun, 2014

Postby DJ-Superherpes; Fri May 05, 2017 1:53 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Oki guys,

i´m now in a longer weekend (without net).
Until Wednesday there will be no answer / purchase validation from me.

Have nice days!
David
KVRist

195 posts since 5 Jan, 2003, from Brookings, OR

Postby David; Wed May 10, 2017 1:12 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Just posted some SC demos for WR; hope y'all are loving it as much as I am:
https://soundcloud.com/david-coffin/set ... eiter-demo
aMUSEd
KVRAF

27918 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Wed May 10, 2017 2:39 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Is there an update to enable midi keyboard playing?
David
KVRist

Postby David; Wed May 10, 2017 7:07 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

aMUSEd wrote:Is there an update to enable midi keyboard playing?

It's not needed (though there's lots that IS); you just have to do it yourself. Here's the steps from a previous post:

DJ-Superherpes wrote:
Ah ok, now i see your point: Here comes the fix!

1. Open in standalone (edit mode F1)
2. click the magnify to see the side bar
3. click there the last tab and below "connect"
4. click (in WR) any where between the 2 wave-views (in the side bar you must see SAM INSTR)
5. go to sidebar "from external device" and select a specific midi-port or all
6. save / overwrite the whole WR (otherwise you have to do this every start).

(If i read your post right you always have done this steps, except #4 - its important: you must see SAM INSTR not WR in the adress-field).

(in the next update i will set this external port as default to ALL, thank you!)
kukident-youth
KVRist

76 posts since 22 Oct, 2014

Postby kukident-youth; Thu May 11, 2017 12:10 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Just tested this instrument!
It has some child-sick, hope you will fix this soon. But thx for this amzing machine, it cans be really great, when really ready!!!!

@david:
thankyou for the tip, yeah this works:-)
DJ-Superherpes
KVRist

Postby DJ-Superherpes; Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:18 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Hi girls and guys,

WR 11 has just released. All registered owners should have an email with all needed info.

If not, please write me directly.

Enjoy!
David
KVRist

Postby David; Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:03 pm Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

I certainly hope everyone else here is enjoying The WR as much as I am; it's working really well with various other Reaktor sequencers from the factory and the ULibrary; I particularly love it with Fugue and Motion Clusters by Santiago Villanova:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... l/2324039/
…and of course with The BIG Phrasendrescher!

I wonder if anyone else has noticed some odd behavior on some flexes when the SEQ is muted and MIDI Input is enabled? Certain notes, and only those, seem to trigger erratically, as if the envelop is changing when the note is repeatedly struck, while adjacent notes sound perfectly consistent with each strike. I've been sending reports to DJS, but more info would no doubt help… or maybe it's just my system!

TIA!
DJ-Superherpes
KVRist

Postby DJ-Superherpes; Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:51 pm Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Hi David,

Thx for telling.
If you use the FREEZE fx such things will happen.
This FX uses a buffer at each "start" (by changing a preset / or when "size" is modulated) and after fill up the buffer, no new notes, etc. will pass anymore.
I strongly recommend that you do not use the FREEZE fx, i will replace this with another FX in the next version, it does not make sense as "realtime fx".
DJ-Superherpes
KVRist

Postby DJ-Superherpes; Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:02 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Version 1.2 has just released.
Its the first version, i´m really happy with. All essential bugs and misbehaviors from earlier versions are fixed. And there are also some news in:-)

All registered owners should have a mail with the necessary info. If not, write me directly.

Enjoy!
DJ-Superherpes
KVRist

Postby DJ-Superherpes; Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:51 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

There is also a new video, showing just some of the almost 900 presets and almost 1000 samples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIs12veN4ew
tatanka
KVRian

650 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:02 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Yes, this one is definitely a big jump ahead :D

Great presets now (even yours DJS :hihi: ), all kind of beautiful stuff, ambient, pads, percussion (love for example 001/I/04, beautiful bass/mallet kind of perc), whatever you want.

And great improvement (comes with 1.1 already) with the manual :tu:

A little comment on the video: as I said above: there ARE some beautiful presets too even if in the video.... :hihi:

Wouldnt be someone maybe able too make a real nice video on it with some explaining comments and maybe something like a song sketch ? Me not I am afraid but I think this version really is worth getting known to a brider public :tu:

Little question I have maybe overseen in the now big manual:

which scales represent exactly minor 1/minor 2 ? Is G harmonic minor included ?
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:54 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Just realized first problem with my workflow (I already had this with other versions but could not find a solution now for WR):

- as long as I have steadily notes coming in from my midi track/clip and choose "loner" evrything is fine, the sequencer reacts to the incoming notes with the selected root note/scale
- but: if I have empty space in my tracks (no clip at all or no notes playing or muted) Wellenreiter plays on forever till the next notes come in, even if I choose "1 bar" it will play that bar on and on
- "extern" is no solution cause I WANT the sequencer to play but ONLY when there IS something to play

Hope it gets clear what I mean, example for problem:

- while chord on other track changes (for example from C to G) the empty part (no midi notes/no clip) on the track I play with WR stays on the C (last inputted note) so that will lead to disharmony

Any solution for this ?
wr12.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
KVRist

Postby David; Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:10 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

tatanka wrote:- as long as I have steadily notes coming in from my midi track/clip and choose "loner" evrything is fine, the sequencer reacts to the incoming notes with the selected root note/scale

That's interesting; not happening here (Logic)—WR's SEQ doesn't react to the incoming MIDI; have I missed some setting/set-up?
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:44 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Hi David,

I hope I did not get something wrong but the way I did is just setting the playback options for the sequencer in the main menue (under the flex settings) to "loner".

Then, as the info tells, only the first part of the progression (which I set to the root note and root key of the scale I am working in, in my case G/minor 1) should be played and, as far as I understood, be transposed in dependence to the incoming chord/notes.

When you choose "extern" sequencer will not work and just play the incoming note.

As I posted in the above post it work for me in general apart from when there is no midi on the track but the sequencer plays on and on.

Hope that helps and that DJS will be in here soon and get things clearer :)

Ooops, forgot the screen :dog: , here it is:
midi_behaviour_WR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
KVRist

Postby David; Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:29 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Thanks Tatanka. Yup, I've set to Loner as you say, but I can't get the WR SEQ to change root in either Logic AU or Live VST, altho the MIDI notes on its track in both situations do also play correct notes, mixed in with the sequenced notes just rolling along, not changing at all. I wonder what's up? What's your DAW btw?

No help to offer on your original question, about the seq playing whether there are MIDI events on the track or not, sorry. But I spotted this on the AM WR page:
"And, if this not enough, and you want to modify the given notes, you can export the notes to your host-piano-roll as a midi-file in realtime by just clicking the "arm"."
I hope this gets implemented someday! It would be a sort of work-around, no?

David
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments