Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
tatanka
KVRian

650 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:55 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Hi David,
Code: Select all
you can export the notes to your host-piano-roll as a midi-file in realtime by just clicking the "arm"."
:o yes, this would of course be great cause I really like to "see" what goes on :D

I used mulab 64, win 64 (my daw for quick testing cause its really fast) for quick testing just taking an existing song sketch and testing WR on some tracks.

At first I used some mainly chord/pad tracks and I am sure WR sequences really follow the chord change after setting the root note ("G") in my case and the scale (my song was in harmonic minor, first question in my first post: what is minor 1 and minor 2 ?, but I took minor 1). At least it sounds more harmonic as leaving the default settings with "C" and "major".

But I maybe will give it a try with waveform tonight and see if it works the same. Really hope DJS will be in here but maybe he is "somewhere" for the weekend :D
David
KVRist

195 posts since 5 Jan, 2003, from Brookings, OR

Postby David; Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:27 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

"Really hope DJS will be in here but maybe he is "somewhere" for the weekend "

Yes, fingers crossed… He's taking a well-deserved vacation, no doubt! Have a good one yourself:)
David
KVRist

Postby David; Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:08 pm Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

First of several planned video demos about Wellenreiter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vinAFcOpgAk
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:26 pm Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Hi David,

great :tu: , I am at work at the moment so I could not hear anything and only had a quick look but evrything that helps to tame this "beast" is really appreciated. Great that you started with settings/configuring. Really looking forward seeing and hearing this tonight after work and looking forward to more vids to come :tu:
David
KVRist

Postby David; Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:55 pm Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:01 pm Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Hi David,

have not managed to view (and comprehend !) the videos completely but I really appreciate your work :tu: .

Maybe for some reaktor and programming experts its all easy but for me this is really something hard to cope with so evry help in understanding is more then welcome :clap:

These explaining videos are just was is missing after the now really nice manual to at least have the chance to tame the beast :D
David
KVRist

Postby David; Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:02 pm Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

David
KVRist

Postby David; Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:11 pm Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

DJ-Superherpes
KVRist

199 posts since 28 Jun, 2014

Postby DJ-Superherpes; Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:20 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Hi guys, yeah i was on holidays. Now i´m back.

@Tatanka?
Looner is meaning hust playing the fisrt chord and 1-4-Bar is meaning, all the chords of progression will play as long as # of bars long, then jump to the next chord and play the circle... than starting again....
Do you mean, you want just a "playing" as a long a midi-clip is held? I could implement such a feature in the next updat, but i´m not sure if it is, what you mean.

@David: Thanx for the videos! Great job!
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:36 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Hi DJS,

Do you mean, you want just a "playing" as a long a midi-clip is held? I could implement such a feature in the next updat, but i´m not sure if it is, what you mean

Yes, maybe the screen was not that good to explain. I need it in two cases:

- first: I have a midi clip on the track but it is muted. Of course in this case WR should STOP playing cause otherwise it will play on in the last known chord progression while other tracks change to another chord and it will give disharmonies

- second: if there is just no midi clip (like you can see on the screenshot in the earlier post) it should STOP playing just the same cause otherwise same troubles as mentioned before

So maybe you could say it should just play kind of "in sync" with incoming midi notes not only in case of transpose dependend on those notes but as well use them as stop/play signs ("play" when there is a midi note and "stop" when there is no midi note or it is muted).

Hope thats makes it more clear, for me it is absolutely essential for my workflow cause I use to build up my song devellopment on midi clips, using muted/empty parts for progression of song.
DJ-Superherpes
KVRist

Postby DJ-Superherpes; Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:57 pm Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

tatanka wrote:..... for me it is absolutely essential for my workflow cause I use to build up my song devellopment on midi clips, using muted/empty parts for progression of song.

There are several ways for such as workflow:

You can just use the mid-export (arm-record) for all the sequences of WR you want as midi-clip, and after this set WR to "extern". So just the DAW-clips will used.

You can mix booth together...

you can use a midi-clip (an automation-point in it) as jumper to another flex (which is set to "extern" =WR-SQ intern muted).
You need 2 preparations: First register the roman-numeric-flex-field to your DAW / remote.
Second copy/paste a flex and set the clone to "extern"!
If you have this you need to create 2 daw-clips one of them: One with the "extern" flex as automation and another with e.g. any other set than "extern".

next update i will offer a simple "mute" intern-SQ button, so option #3 is much more easy. But it would keep: You need one daw-clip with intern-SQ-on and another daw-clip with intern-SQ-off,
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:00 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

Hi,

thanks for the different possible solution approaches. I must admit that so far I have not tried out the new:
You can just use the mid-export (arm-record) for all the sequences of WR you want as midi-clip, and after this set WR to "extern". So just the DAW-clips will used.

I think this might be the most simple option for my intended use, have to try this one out and in comparison to the new "render midi clip" function in waveform. I am not sure if WR will put out any midi cause there is the "Instrument" just behind it in WR integrated, usually I have a midi sequencer and an instrument one after another and I have to mute the instrument so that the midi sequencer data can pass threw to the waveform rendering.

Will have a look on 2-4 if more flexible use might be needed, of course 2 will offer very interesting ways but maybe hard to handle.
DJ-Superherpes
KVRist

Postby DJ-Superherpes; Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:38 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

tatanka wrote:Hi,

I think this might be the most simple option for my intended use, have to try this one out and in comparison to the new "render midi clip" function in waveform. I am not sure if WR will put out any midi cause there is the "Instrument" just behind it in WR integrated, usually I have a midi sequencer and an instrument one after another and I have to mute the instrument so that the midi sequencer data can pass threw to the waveform rendering.

In live and bitwig record midi-out from instruments is very easy, but if your DAW is so "own" by using "intern-midi" try this: Load Reaktor in the FX version, not as "instrument". Maybe than your DAW accept reaktor/WR as midi-ressource????
Is there no way in your DAW that another track is routed just to the midi-out of the WR-track?

Last option is to bounce the midi-out as solid audio-file. In this case you need (in live, bitwig, logic...) an empty midi-clip, but as long as long you want the WR-sequence (depending on your settings up to 16 bars for just one cycle).
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:09 am Re: Wellenreiter (by Aggregati Musika)

It is not
"own" by using "intern-midi"
, :box: its the only kind of daw someone like me will ever be able to understand :lol: , I hate all that routing stuff in cubase and all this. :tantrum:

Just put whatever you want (midi, instrument, effect) just one after another and all works automatically perfect together without any bothering about routing. My no1 selection criteria for daw (so far: waveform/tracktion, mulab, lately studio one apart from the midi stuff) :tu:

But the idea about loading it as fx might be a good one, will try this (and 1 to 4) this weekend and see what and how it works and then be back with some feedback.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments