Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Fathom 1.0.14 Released

FathomSynth
KVRist

239 posts since 25 Mar, 2017, from Philadelphia, PA, USA

Postby FathomSynth; Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:39 am Fathom 1.0.14 Released

Version 1.0.14 Released! :clap:

This is an important bug fix release which fixes instabilities in the polar morph filter.

Read the BPB Magazine Review of Fathom
http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2017/08 ... nthesizer/

New Fathom Video
https://youtu.be/2RR0u8ZWeGI

Version 1.0.14 Polar morph filter bug fixes.
Version 1.0.13 Note velocity and after touch modulators.
Version 1.0.12 Bug fixes and balanced audio release.
Version 1.0.11 Bezier curve oscillator.
Version 1.0.10 Keyboard tracking on all filters.
Version 1.0.9 Bezier curve modulator envelopes.
Version 1.0.8 Host Automation.
Version 1.0.6 WAV import drag and drop.
Version 1.0.5 Wave Table Oscillator.

Wave table morphing enables you to modulate the waveform indexes of a 16 x 16 = 256 wave space. The tables can be used for a conventional morph or the right side table can be used as an operator for addition or subtraction from the wave table on the left. The amount, frequency and phase of the operator waveform can all be modulated with Fathom's per sample modulations.

Company Website:
http://www.fathomsynth.com
KVR Members Only Page, Password "kvrpro"
http://www.fathomsynth.com/members
Complete Feature Request List:
https://www.fathomsynth.com/plan
Version Updates:
https://www.fathomsynth.com/updates

Fathom is currently available as a VST plugin for Windows 64 and 32.
Last edited by FathomSynth on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:53 am, edited 38 times in total.
recursive one
KVRAF

2855 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:55 am Re: Fathom Synth needs Beta Testers

The demosongs sound nice! :tu:

Win/Mac? 32/64 bit?

I think you could get more responces if you post this in the instruments section.
It's not all about how close something is to the bleeding edge of technology or how long the feature list is. If it sounds good to you, it sounds good to you, full stop. (C) Vectorman
Numanoid
KVRAF

25559 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:04 am Re: Fathom Synth needs Beta Testers

Just $45 for a fully modular synth :o

Hopefully released soon, this could be one of the bargains of the year :)
wagtunes
KVRAF

8408 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:08 am Re: Fathom Synth needs Beta Testers

Numanoid wrote:Just $45 for a fully modular synth :o

Hopefully released soon, this could be one of the bargains of the year :)

I got MUX for $61 and KarmaFX for $72, both fully modular so $45 isn't crazy. Depends on what it offers. MUX, with all it has, is insane for that little amount of money. KarmaFX is also a great deal.
Numanoid
KVRAF

25559 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:16 am Re: Fathom Synth needs Beta Testers

n/m wrong thread
FathomSynth
KVRist

Postby FathomSynth; Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:43 am Re: Fathom Synth needs Beta Testers

Thanks everyone for your reply.

You don't need to sign up to beta test. Just go to the company website and download the free monophonic version of the synth and start using it.

The website includes instructions for reporting bugs, which I will be fixing on a daily basis.

Company website: www.fathomsynth.com
Direct bug report email: support@fathomsynth.com

Currently the synth is only a VST plugin for any Windows 64 Bit OS.

I will try to move the post to instruments.

Thanks!
Everett
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

21026 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:57 am Re: Fathom Synth needs Beta Testers

Cool. I'm in ...
FathomSynth
KVRist

Postby FathomSynth; Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:12 am Re: Fathom Synth needs Beta Testers

Thanks! There are instructions for beta testers on the web site.
We will also be looking for some good preset sound designers shortly.
bite_me
KVRist

239 posts since 1 May, 2015, from Ruhrgebiet

Postby bite_me; Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:51 am Re: Fathom Synth needs Beta Testers

Hey Fathomsynth.
Tested your synth but didn´t like the sound of it. Sounds so dull and resonant.
The concept is cool though. Keep it on - perhaps I get back to it.
FathomSynth
KVRist

Postby FathomSynth; Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:07 am Fathom Synth More Aggressive EDM Sound

Thanks for trying it. I welcome all comments, even criticism, since that’s the only way the synth will improve, and I’m determined to make Fathom one of the best EDM synths on the planet. Still a long way to go. Spire and Sylenth are amazing. I haven’t had time to try Serum, Dune or Diva yet. Heard great things.

OK, try this. I posted a new demo song on the web site. Go to the “Listen” page, third one down after the video.

This is a better example on how to get dance track sounds out of Fathom.

I’ll post the new presets I made for this later.
HiEnergy
KVRian

781 posts since 19 Jun, 2006, from Berlin, Germany

Postby HiEnergy; Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:30 am Re: Fathom Synth needs Beta Testers

Using this synth just for EDM would be a huge waste of its potential.
Feel the energy...
https://hearthis.at/hienergy/
FathomSynth
KVRist

Postby FathomSynth; Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:58 am Re: Fathom Synth needs Beta Testers

Break Beat Soundpack:

The artist who did our EDM song demo generously agreed to provide all the presets used to create the song. It looks like some of these are just adjustments on the factory presets, but many are completely new.

Take a look at the preset Super Fat Lead. This is a good example of how to get a fat sound out of Fathom.

If you are an experienced sound designer, we are also looking for user sound-packs and demo songs to feature on our company web site, if any of you are interested.
wagtunes
KVRAF

8408 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:02 am Re: Fathom Synth needs Beta Testers

FathomSynth wrote:Break Beat Soundpack:

The artist who did our EDM song demo generously agreed to provide all the presets used to create the song. It looks like some of these are just adjustments on the factory presets, but many are completely new.

Take a look at the preset Super Fat Lead. This is a good example of how to get a fat sound out of Fathom.

If you are an experienced sound designer, we are also looking for user sound-packs and demo songs to feature on our company web site, if any of you are interested.

I would love to, but as I wrote to you (per your instructions) several days ago and never got a reply, the synth is unusable on my system. The sound constantly cuts in and out and at times freezes up the whole DAW for several seconds. I don't know if it's a memory problem, processing problem or what. But all of this was sent to you days ago.

Anyway, as I also said in the email, I'll wait till a more stable version comes out to resume testing.
FathomSynth
KVRist

Postby FathomSynth; Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:34 pm Re: Fathom Synth needs Beta Testers

People, I so apologize for the email delay, I was stupidly checking my main email every day thinking that gmail would route the support email to the main one, (not).

I should respond now in 24 hours.

Yes, the note cutting problem on the MuLab DAW is serious and has to be fixed NOW. I'll be doing that today. I will let you know as soon as the release is available.

Has anyone seen the note cutting problem in any DAW's other than MuLab?

Also, please, everyone email me which DAW you are using, even if everything is working, so I can get an idea of what coverage we have and which DAW's I need to add to our system test list.

2 bug reports for 250 downloads seems incredibly low (even by my quality standard). Are people trying the synth and just not liking it, and then not using it? If you decide to use the synth regularly for your music email me so I know what the real user count is. If you think it "sucks", tell me, since this will control where I focus. I have over 30 years experience fixing software bugs (so I can take it).

For those of you who need to start using the poly version I will create a page on the web site only for KVR users who can get the pro poly version for $15 instead of $45. We need to charge a little for the first poly release if I am to work full time to add the next batch of critical features, listed in the next post.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments