Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Not that I know of, things just weren't going where I thought. I would imagine it might boil down to the Pro vs Free feature set.

It looks like changing the destination in one automatically changes the destination in the other anyway.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Multiple versions of Fathom can all use the same preset and waveform folders.
It won't cause any problem.
Presets are just a folder full of files from the perspective of both mono and poly plugins.

2.8.0 is Released. :tu:

Includes the new Solidtrax "Ambition" Preset Bank.

Solidtrax are from the Netherlands, same guys who did actual factory banks for Dune 2, u-he Bazille, Tal Bassline, Icarus Tone2, Sugar Bytes, as well as expansion banks for Spire and VPS Avenger!

http://www.solidtrax.nl

2.8.0 also includes the following bug fixes:

Fixed Bug 0082 Aliasing on high notes if waveform is modulated.
Fixed Bug 0083 Low notes missing when too close together.
Fixed Bug 0085 Pitch note ADSR dropping at end of note.
Fixed Bug 0086 Copy components sometimes disappear.
Fixed Bug 0087 Aliasing occurs while moving the partials dial.
Fixed Bug 0088 Wave table oscillator inconsistent volume if skip cycle enabled.
Fixed Bug 0090 Chorus cuts in and out after note volume ADSR.
Fixed Bug 0091 Allow single cycle wav import in mono version.
Fixed Bug 0092 No warning message if attempt to save wave in mono version.
Fixed Bug 0093 Crash if load wave table with less than 16 waves.
Fixed Bug 0094 Wave table index dial manual entry is off by one.
Fixed Bug 0095 Smooth ADSR decay not working for envelope Bezier segments.
Fixed Bug 0096 Massberg Filter cutoff not following ADSR at start of notes.
Fixed Bug 0097 Glide snapping to previous note if released before glide time.

FathomSynth wrote:
tonedef71 wrote:Would it be possible to add the word "mono" to the version text that appears over the logo when hovering? And while you're at it, add "MT" for the multithreaded build. These additions would allow me to easily sanity check the build version of the plugin while I am working with it without having to figure out which DLL I have loaded in the host. Thank you in advance!
Now that's actually a really good idea.

Yes, I will make the next release display the build version in the version box.
Thank you for version 2.8.0!

For version 2.8.1, please add the build version to the version box. Having that will make it easier to quickly see which version of the synth is loaded in the host. Thanks!
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Glide fixed :tu: :clap:

TheNeverScene wrote:Glide fixed :tu: :clap:
Now that that's fixed.. would like to see (yet another):

Feature Request(s):

Legato Glide (only glides when playing legato style)

which would probably require...

Legato Mode (in general. playing legato style in monophonic (1 voice mode) won't re-trigger envelope decays)

which might also require...

Monophonic Mode (mode that specializes in all things monophonic.. see above)

@FathomSynth
Some good fixes there so nice work! Just wondering if you were able to look at the loading default/saved detune settings issue I reported previously?

Frostline wrote:
FathomSynth wrote:
Frostline, I found the cause of the skipping notes bug. That will be fixed in 2.8 (possible Monday release).
Very good to hear.

Now, today I downloaded the Fathom OSC edition.
I also went to the link drBob provided and downloaded and installed that redistributable.
These are the ones I have installed.
After removing all previous Fathoms from my VST folder I tried to use the x64 dlls in the Fathom OSC release.
The one in the root folder, Reaper scanned for a long time, but it did not appear in instruments.
Same for the one in the Windows 10 folder.
The dll in the MT folder works. Scan was very short and it was listed in the "NEW" section of the FX browser as well as under VSTi.

So what redistributable am I missing that gets the Windows 10 version or the MD version to validate in Reaper?

Also are the distortion and grain controls in the noise section supposed to effect the sound of the oscillators when the noise algorithm dial is set to off?
I am having a similar issue. The MT build does work, but the normal one doesn't. Even though I have all recommended VC++ Redists installed. I have 2008, 2012, and 2017 both x86 and x64. I will also try uninstalling 2017 and installing 2015 instead. Unable to use Version 2.8 at the moment, because there is no MT build yet. (My system is Win10 and Live 10, x64)
Anyway, thanks a lot for all the effort!
Carl

Yes, 2.8.0 MT build is here:
https://www.fathomsynth.com/updates

Possible reverb decay bug in 2.8
Video shows playing patch correctly.
Shows that reverb decay is at zero.
I reload project.
Turn on audio for OBS.
Play the now incorrect patch.
Show the decay is still at zero.
Move the decay off zero and then back to zero.
Patch plays correctly.
Have to do this everytime reloading a project that has a patch with zero reverb decay. :neutral:
https://youtu.be/0auIHVBNcFs
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

Not sure if I'm missing something, but noise doesn't seem to follow velocity levels.

Noise level stays at full while the wave follows velocity. Ghost beats turn into rim shots real quick :)

Reaper 5.76 64 bit, Windows 7

TheNeverScene wrote:Not sure if I'm missing something, but noise doesn't seem to follow velocity levels.

Noise level stays at full while the wave follows velocity. Ghost beats turn into rim shots real quick :)

Did you assign note velocity modulator to noise volume? If not then you now know why it happen :P .

TrojakEW wrote:
TheNeverScene wrote:Not sure if I'm missing something, but noise doesn't seem to follow velocity levels.

Did you assign note velocity modulator to noise volume? If not then you now know why it happen :P .
Thanks, no I didn't! But I didn't do that for the oscillator either and it follows velocity, so I thought they would be tied together.

TheNeverScene, OK, I’m glad the gide bug is fixed! And I’m so thankful you found that one!

I’ll check the noise levels. That could be, I can’t remember if I made the velocity act on the noise volume also. It should. If not I will fix that for the next release.

Frostline, Yes that reverb decay bug you found is a bad bug, I’ll make sure that is fixed for the next release.

Provoc, No sorry, I did not fix the save default detune problem for 2.8. I was not able to make it happen on my system. If I hit save default it saves it OK here.

Sorry to ask, but could you post the steps again here, to make it happen, and your OS and DAW.

Progtronic, I was not planning on adding a Legato glide mode. But I am planning (soon) on adding a new bar to all tlhe envelopes in addition to the note off bar, which will be “The Glide Start Bar”. This will give you the ability to have a slow attack when you start a fresh new note that is not touched by a preceeding note, but when you play a glide adjacent note the envelope starts at the glide start bar wherever you want so the slow attack is not repeated. This will get rid of the “Thwaaaaap” in the middle of your smooth melodies!

Cannot get reaper to register the 2.8 64-bit versions - standard or Win10 builds. 32-bit OK. The MT build will load though. So, something again in the c++ redists is causing issues somewhere ...

I have these redists ...

2017 (x64)
2015 (x64)
2015 (x86)
2013 (x64)
2013 (x86)
2010 (x64)
2008 (x64)
2008 (x86)
2005 (x64) ver 8.0.61000
2005 (x64) ver 8.0.50727.42 *
2005 ver 8.0.61000
2005 ver 8.0.50727.42 *

I'll get rid of the older 2005 versions (*) and see if that helps - nope, no dice.

db

Return to “Instruments”