Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

this thread is very old, now what happen with new features and sample support ?. does there come sfz multisample load of oscilator ?. if can load sfz then sf2 can convert too sfz so have much more sound sources. also usefull is to have articulations. its also usefull for synth sounds when can use staccato sounds or legato sounds depend on a keyswitch
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Once I came by and entered St. Eustache in Paris and I guess it was Jean Guillou himself improvising/rehearsing - an unforgettable experience. No Youtube video can ever get close to it!
Organ is the only classical instrument which is commonly tought to improvise...

Hard to stay on topic here...; - )

Get some organ sfz and import them into the new sampler...

for organ sfz there is a free version which have reduced keyswitch articulation. there are 5 switches. th full version have 18 keyswitches
https://www.michaelpichermusic.com/hamorg

but first Fathom need sfz multisamples to oscialtor and keyswitch possible. maybe with diffrent layers, that are switch on/off depend on key
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

There is something confusing me: Will Fathom Sampler be a different instrument or just a feature addition to Fathom?

I was assuming it will be a different instrument.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:There is something confusing me: Will Fathom Sampler be a different instrument or just a feature addition to Fathom?

I was assuming it will be a different instrument.
From the developer:

For financial reasons it will be sold as a separate purchase such as "Fathom Platnum Edition" but if you buy it, it will include the existing Fathom, so it will function as one entire instrument not as a separate plugin.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote:I hate organs.
Many people share your affection!

:wink:

I predict that, long after I am gone, they will again be appreciated for the beautiful instrument they are - or rather, can be. (If you think 40 year old analog synths are hard and expensive to maintain, consider 100 year old pipe organs.)

:ud:
바보

The brand name being Seaweed I hope that the next plugins made by Everett won't bear the name Fathom, to avoid any confusion as has been made by Bulent (KV331) for his second synth which bear the same name as his first one.

I love them both but actually it was a weird idea to name them identically with just a number as difference, knowing that they in fact are totally different.

A call to suggestions to friends by Everett here at KVR to find the most original (and clever) name regards the type of the next plugin would perhaps lead to funny moments.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Yes, this thread is old, but it is indeed still "current" as I read it every day for bug reports.

Sometimes it seems like I am silent during interesting discussions if bugs are not being reported, but my watchful eye is still hovering above the thread.

BlackWinny, Thanks so much for the info on organs, I know I have not said much, but I will be reviewing your comments and videos for the sampler if I decide to include a deeply sampled organ, which is very likely.

The sampler will not just be a bunch of samples called a "sampler" like many samplers.

It will be a professional sample editing tool for insanely serious sound designers looking to build deeply sampled instruments from multi-note, multi-velocity layered sample sets. This includes people who recorded the samples themselves, or have purchased huge sample sets that did not come with an instrument such as "Loops de la creme Snare Pack Deluxe".

It will also be made for recording artists who have profound requirements for manipulating samples in real time such as looping, reverse drums, granular synthesis, 3D morphing etc.

I will probably deeply sample my own Baldwin piano to demonstrate the capabilities of the instrument, and also include a rented Fender Rhodes or some high quality electric piano.

But other than that it will really be a sample synthesis tool, not just a big instrument called a sampler.

In terms of the name Fathom, It took me ages to come up with that name, so there is no way I would ever change it. It's a pretty good name for a synth, maybe not quite as good as "Avenger", "Virus", or "Rapture", but still pretty good.

I know with so many thousands of synth projects it is almost inevitable that someone else will use the name "Fathom" without being aware of our "Fathom", but fortunately this has not happened yet (to my knowledge), and if it does then there will just have to be two of them. I don't think there will be much confusion in the long run since one will look better and the other will sound better (hehe).

I do have all the logical domain names reserved so it would only happen if someone did absolutely no research before using the name. The name has been used in some other industries nor related to music, and it's also been used for a couple pieces of musical equipment and some sample sets, but not for a soft synth.

To avoid confusion, the sampler will still be under the domain of "Fathom", but given an additional marketing name such as "Fathom Elite" or "Fathom Platinum" since it is probably going to be necessary to charge something extra for it.

Also, 2.11 will be out in a few days, and will have a bunch of bug fixes and the new Gaussian Filter built into the Wave Draw oscillator (someday added to all oscillators).

After that will be new dial graphics and then the sampler.

I just bought Samplerobot multi-x to sample some stuff of mine.
The program supports audio export of lots of formats, which one would be best to use with the future Fathom Sampler? .sfz ?

http://www.samplerobot.com/funktionalitaet.htm ( bottom page )

That's a great project, Everett, with a lot of pleasure announced for you and for the users.
:D

Do you already have an idea about the style of interface it will show? Something "opened architecture" in the kind of the current Fathom? That would be awesome! Especially thinking of people who sample sounds outside their home or their studio, for example in nature or in any "nomade" way (capturing a big instrument not movable for example), using their laptop instead of desktops in these "nomade" sessions.

But it's just a suggestion, of course...

You have also evoked the idea of granular synthesis features. That also is a big announcement knowing that for the moment there are not really many granular synths which keep on staying alive. The Mangle is more or less discontinued now, Granite had its last update more than a year ago... As real granular synths it remains actually only Wusik Station V9, Padshop (and Pro) and some Kontakt products. The rest is more granular tools and effects than true granular synths. An awesome new true granular synth is certainly something the musicians are expecting, especially coming from such a reactive and kind developer like you.
:tu:

What also would be nice in this sampler (but it is again only a suggestion) would be the ability to read the RX2 files...
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote: You have also evoked the idea of granular synthesis features. That also is a big announcement knowing that for the moment there are not really many granular synths which keep on staying alive. The Mangle is more or less discontinued now, Granite had its last update more than a year ago... As real granular synths it remains actually only Wusik Station V9, Padshop (and Pro) and some Kontakt products. The rest is more granular tools and effects than true granular synths. An awesome new true granular synth is certainly something the musicians are expecting, especially coming from such a reactive and kind developer like you.
The best "granular" synths are, by far, Falcon and HALion, IMO (both instruments are sampler workstations). If Everett wants a model to inspire him, he should definitely look at those two.
Fernando (FMR)

Yes, I forgot these two. In fact simply because I don't know them except their name and their fame.
:oops:

Don‘t forget Alchemy… Even when it‘s Logic / Mac only, it‘s an awesome capable (granular among others) synth.

magicmusic wrote:this thread is very old
Yeah.. A whole year old :lol:

Is there a way to start beizer draw from scratch like wave draw?
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Return to “Instruments”