Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Hi, purchased Fathom and created a new project to test it, not thoroughly because i hadn´t time for that yet.
In Cubase 8 Elements works fine.
In Sonar X3 Producer worked fine.
But in FL Studio, lastest update, i have a problem. When playing a chord, on the keyboard or midi track, all notes sound in the beginning
but they stop one by one until it's one left. It's like it 'loses' polyphony. I hope i made myself clear.

FathomSynth wrote: ...
Does Reaper have a Forum you can post to also?
I'll try the Reaper forum.

FathomSynth wrote:If the only difference is Windows 10 I would strongly suspect a driver issue.
That would be the only difference.
Win 7 and 10 are both 64 Bit so I find it hard to believe the Reaper VST code would be different.
Try pointing Repear to different audio drivers, like WinMe, Asio, Focusrite etc.

The first bug I fix for the next release will be the Plugin internal name to Fathom.
And fill all the VST manufacturer fields.
We'll see if maybe that fixes it.

REAPER's forums are great. One of the many reasons why REAPER is so great.

http://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

This may help; it is the 'REAPER Bug Reports' Forum
I hope this can help out.

twal wrote:
FathomSynth wrote:If the only difference is Windows 10 I would strongly suspect a driver issue.
That would be the only difference.
Win 7 and 10 are both 64 Bit so I find it hard to believe the Reaper VST code would be different.
Try pointing Repear to different audio drivers, like WinMe, Asio, Focusrite etc.

The first bug I fix for the next release will be the Plugin internal name to Fathom.
And fill all the VST manufacturer fields.
We'll see if maybe that fixes it.

REAPER's forums are great. One of the many reasons why REAPER is so great.

http://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

This may help; it is the 'REAPER Bug Reports' Forum
I hope this can help out.
Yes, a very active place and (piece on the cake) a community of very kind members.
:tu:

Even if I use mainly Mulab, I find always an excellent atmosphere in the forums of Reaper when I search for an information or an answer to a question I put to myself about this or that in Reaper.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

WoodMan: If my latest release does not fix it for you, I will contact Reaper myself and get the right field codes.
zArt: I will download FL tomorrow and try it. Note cutting is bad, I'll make sure that is fixed for you with the next release.
Everett

Hi there,

Just bought it, really like the sound, filters are ok to my ears. Found a couple of annoyances (not sure if anyone has already mention them):
a) Scroll bars are missing at modulation matrix and audio components
b) LFO period numbers are abit strange (goes from 1/16 to 0 to 64 irrelevant if time units is beats or seconds)
c) Would like to be able to input numbers to knobs directly
d) Panning does not seem to work correctly when modulated (not quite sure about this i am still testing the case)
e) Have not figure out how to remove a modulation from modulation matrix, really needs some reengineering the GUI in that matter (maybe put a delete button on each modulation)
f) I would like to have a way to enable/disable a modulation from modulation matrix
g) It would be great if there were cursor buttons next to preset name at the top that navigate to previous /next preset in the library

Regards,
Harris

I found that there was a bit of a weird behaviour on one of the knobs on the polar filter (think it was morph or whatever the equivalent is on there) as it seemed to only take effect on the last 1/4 or less of rotation.

FathomSynth wrote:WoodMan: If my latest release does not fix it for you, I will contact Reaper myself and get the right field codes.
Everett
Thanks FathomSynth - I appreciate your efforts on this.

I have created an account on the Reaper Forum and waiting for my account to clear before I can post a question.

Users, there are a few critical bugs that have piled up,
so this morning I decided to take a break from development today and fix these.
So hopefully a bug fix release for you soon.

zARt: I will start on the FL chord bug today first.
WM: This bug fix release will have the internal name and fields changed.
Thanks for trying the Reaper forum, I'm thankful you are willing to help on this.

Shonky: The polar morph filter (I think) is the only filter in the world
that gives you direct access to the poles and zeros of the biquad filter topology
so you can literally create your own filter. That's why the behavior
of the dials is non-linear. To understand it, expand the view and then move
the dials and you will see what they are doing.
However, your observation is actually correct.

Babbgr,
I'm so glad you are using it. Thanks for some great observations.

a) Scroll bars are missing at modulation matrix and audio components.
I debated this myself as I generally hate scroll bars,
you can scroll individual mod slats by grabbing the texture on the left.
you can scroll the entire list by grabbing the texture on the right.
This will be fixed by me making a manual soon.

b) LFO period numbers are a bit strange (goes from 1/16 to 0 to 64).
Changing LFO from beats to seconds will only change the resulting time synchronization
but will not effect the period dial, since the period dial is always relative.
For beats a value of 1.0 is one beat, and for seconds a value of 1.0 is one second.
At 60 bpm they would be the same, at 120 bpm beats will be twice as fast.
The strange numbers on the dial are because the same dial is used for whole integer
and also fractional time periods. It is weird at first but will then will be very useful.
Also the strange numbers are so that it shows high precision floating point decimal for real
values but will also show 1 / X if X is a whole number.
This is important for musicians who need to know that they are on exactly 1 / 7 period.

c) Would like to be able to input numbers to knobs directly
Good Idea!

d) Panning does not seem to work correctly when modulated.
I will test this and see.

e) Have not figure out how to remove a modulation from modulation matrix.
Sorry, several ppl have had the same problem. You have to expand the mod slat to delete it.
I did this intentionally so you don't accidentally delete it.
I know this has caused some confusion, but believe me, it would be worse
if people were accidentally deleting their modulations.

f) I would like to have a way to enable/disable a modulation from modulation matrix
Good Idea! Sort of a fast mute modulation.

g) It would be great if there were cursor buttons next to preset name.
Also a Good Idea!

Everett

FathomSynth wrote:Users, there are a few critical bugs that have piled up,
so this morning I decided to take a break from development today and fix these.
So hopefully a bug fix release for you soon.
Very wise!
:tu:

Because when one builds a house, it is extremely risky to build the second floor as long as the first floor is not definitively stable and flawless.
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

WoodMan in regard to your Reaper Windows 10 issue.
Could you please try installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015
on your Win 10 partition and see if that fixes your problem.

I found a forum post of someone with your exact same problem:

"On Win10 machine (clean install)
Try open in Reaper (works once, then fails to register in future sessions)
Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 redist from above link
Open in Reaper. Works!!!
(I'm sure it would work with VS2015 + 2015 redist combo too)
I guess I have to alert my users that the plugins are dependent on Visual C++ redist."

In my next build I will statically link in the necessary libraries so Fathom is not
machine dependent on your Win 10 system, but this will help me confirm the cause.

Thanks!

Sorry here's the link for the redist:
http://www.standaloneofflineinstallers. ... ndows.html

FathomSynth wrote:Sorry here's the link for the redist:
http://www.standaloneofflineinstallers. ... ndows.html
Thanks FathomSynth. I had been working along similar lines myself. I discovered that the plugin was looking for, but not finding, msvcp110.dll and msvcr110.dll. These dlls are part of the VC 2012 redistributable. I installed that redistributable and now everything works. Should probably test with the 2015 redist also.

FathomSynth wrote:In my next build I will statically link in the necessary libraries so Fathom is not
machine dependent on your Win 10 system, but this will help me confirm the cause.

Thanks!
Yes - this would be the best option.

Thank you.

I purchased Fathom Pro when it was at 1.0.1. How do I get the new version (1.0.2)?

Return to “Instruments”