Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
] Peter:H [
KVRian

547 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby ] Peter:H [; Sat May 12, 2018 11:53 pm Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

FathomSynth wrote:Also I had to create a short modulated distortion demo for the web site.

This is the first recording since I improved the distortion algorithm in 2.11.

https://static.kvraudio.com/files/3302/ ... ortion.mp3

Sequence, modulation and effects are all Fathom, one take, no external processing or edits of any kind were used.

This also is a good demo for the use of the new Gaussian Zero Delay Filter which is now built into the wave draw oscillator. The first half uses only the Gaussian filter, no other filters.

Hi Everett.
Love it! Somebody recently started a thread about Fathom at a german site "recording.de". I've added some of your recent info to it... https://recording.de/threads/modularer- ... st-2587028.
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian

550 posts since 21 Apr, 2017, from Bahia, Brazil

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Sun May 13, 2018 3:43 am Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

The site is much easier to get around on. One issue I ran into was trying to open the artist page. I love the idea but trying to load that page brings my internet to its knees. It took about 5 min to load about 3/4 then seem to stall. I am in the big town for the weekend.50 mb/s. At home with 15 mb/ s.....I cant imagine. This could be a ram issue on my old tablet?????? or chance interenet drop outs. I tried on 2 different days. Same result. Anyone else seeing this? Other pages load fine.
FathomSynth
KVRian

802 posts since 25 Mar, 2017, from Philadelphia, PA, USA

Postby FathomSynth; Sun May 13, 2018 8:19 am Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

Peter, wow that is fantastic. I'm so glad to hear that Fathom is known in Germany.
I didn't know you spoke German, that's cool. You are elected as our German representative.

Tell everyone there I said "Hi" and thank them for Ableton which is my favorite DAW.

SM, I noticed the same thing on the Artists page. I will contact the web host and ask them to debug it.
Tj Shredder
KVRian

783 posts since 6 Jan, 2017, from Outer Space

Postby Tj Shredder; Sun May 13, 2018 11:13 am Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

FathomSynth wrote:I'm so glad to hear that Fathom is known in Germany.

I would say well known...; - )
You should get in contact with Beat magazin, they might put Fathom on their DVD. Which would make CM jealous and they want it as well. Like it just happened with Thorn...
Germans love modular synths especially if combined with world class support and the fastest developer known to mankind...

FathomSynth wrote:Tell everyone there I said "Hi" and thank them for Ableton which is my favorite DAW.

They even make also Bitwig which is one of my favorites (almost a modular synth covered under some tracks...; - )
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Sun May 13, 2018 1:20 pm Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

Great Idea, I will do that.
Gone soft
KVRian

835 posts since 2 Oct, 2011

Postby Gone soft; Sun May 13, 2018 6:11 pm Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

With the latest update I get a strange error message in Reaper when scanning plugins and I can now only load the mono version. Norwegian error message follows, basically says software has a fault or is not made to rund under Windows. If I open an old project containing the full version of Fathom the error message is repeated twice, then Fathom eventually loads anyway though more slowly than it used to. It recreates the sounds I made. It's a hassle I can't insert any new instances of the full version though. Windows 10.

IMG_20180514_040405.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Well, I haven't tried anything yet. I need to research solutions
first."
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Sun May 13, 2018 9:46 pm Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

Windows users must install the Visual Studio C++ Redistributables prior to running Fathom.

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=30679

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... -downloads

Windows 10 users should install both the 2012 and 2017 C++ Redistributables.

Make sure you select the correct option for your system, x86 for 32 Bit and x64 for 64 Bit.

Run the downloaded file and follow the instructions. If the Modify Setup dialog appears with the options Repair, Uninstall, Close, that means you already have it installed and you can skip this step by selecting Close.

If you already have them installed then you must run the MT build on windows 10, download here.
https://www.fathomsynth.com/updates
Gone soft
KVRian

835 posts since 2 Oct, 2011

Postby Gone soft; Mon May 14, 2018 6:43 am Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

FathomSynth wrote:If you already have them installed then you must run the MT build on windows 10, download here.
https://www.fathomsynth.com/updates

The MT build fixed it. I hope this can be made more streamlined for future verions, but thanks. :tu:
"Well, I haven't tried anything yet. I need to research solutions
first."
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Mon May 14, 2018 7:09 am Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

Ok, That's good news, yes the MT build always seems to fix it for Windows 10.

I will contact my JUCE developer's forum and see if there is something I can change in the build process to make this easier for people.
] Peter:H [
KVRian

547 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby ] Peter:H [; Mon May 14, 2018 10:49 am Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

The Solidtracks Demo Track is missing the link to Fathom Website!? I've added it...
https://soundcloud.com/solidtrax/solidt ... ion#t=0:00
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Mon May 14, 2018 1:30 pm Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

Cool, Thanks!
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Wed May 16, 2018 7:54 am Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

I just finished setting up the Fathom Shopify website for PayPal customers. :clap: :tu: :clap:

https://buyfathom.com/

I need to test it to see if there is still a problem with the PayPal delay.

Could someone please go to the site and buy it using their PayPal.

Yes, to test it you'll actually have to buy it. :wink:

And report back here if the purchase goes straight through or if it is delayed and reviewed. :dog:

Thanks!
coincidental
KVRist

479 posts since 5 Sep, 2011, from Sussex, UK

Postby coincidental; Wed May 16, 2018 10:00 am Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news:
From Paypal by email:
We have placed a temporary pending status on this transaction.
[...]
PayPal is required to review certain transactions in order to minimise risk for us or our customers. The payment you sent is currently being reviewed and we will complete this process within 72 hours. This review involves this transaction only and does not affect the use of your PayPal account.

And from the purchase page:
There was a delay with your digital downloads You will receive an email shortly with your download links
You will also receive an email with download links for your digital purchases.

I'm not in any rush, so it's all good, but v frustrating for you, I'm sure :)

PM me if you need more details.
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Wed May 16, 2018 10:37 am Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

OK, Thanks for doing it.

Rats! That's disappointing.

I can see the orders marked as pending.

They should go through eventually, I think about a day.

Let me know when it goes through on your end.
RPH
KVRian

1096 posts since 20 Nov, 2005, from The Netherlands

Postby RPH; Wed May 16, 2018 12:43 pm Re: Fathom New Company Website now Live

Check CM mag issue 257, page 17. ;)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments