Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
FathomSynth
KVRian

703 posts since 25 Mar, 2017, from Philadelphia, PA, USA

Postby FathomSynth; Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:36 am Re: Fathom Friday

Yes, I will be adding the ability to actually change the background color of any image with a user settings color picker, but I have to separate my images, so that will be added in 2.13 the release after this one. 2.12 will just have a lot of panel options. Yes there will be orange and blue panels. You will be able to take the blue sky panels used for the signal flow and envelope views and place it under the dial bars and vice versa.

Yes, I've done some testing with 2.12 and I'm getting over a %40 increase in CPU with the draft mode over the current max quality mode, with almost no detectable difference in audio quality.

fathom new gui.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nielzie
KVRAF

8849 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:57 am Re: Fathom Friday

Another feature request: "audio in" feature, to route audio signals from other synths through the effects/modulations of Fathom. So basically a fathom effects vst dll version :)
None are so hopeless enslaved as KVRians with GAS.
] Peter:H [
KVRian

524 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby ] Peter:H [; Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:50 am Re: Fathom Friday

FathomSynth wrote:Yes, I will be adding the ability to actually change the background color of any image with a user settings color picker, but I have to separate my images, so that will be added in 2.13 the release after this one. 2.12 will just have a lot of panel options. Yes there will be orange and blue panels. You will be able to take the blue sky panels used for the signal flow and envelope views and place it under the dial bars and vice versa.

Yes, I've done some testing with 2.12 and I'm getting over a %40 increase in CPU with the draft mode over the current max quality mode, with almost no detectable difference in audio quality.

fathom new gui.png

Just wow! That GUI rework looks great and I like the CPU options...Seems boring to keep saying "Tremendous Work, Everett!"
glokraw
KVRAF

6382 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Postby glokraw; Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:07 pm Re: Fathom Friday

Thanks Seaweed Audio for the great synth, and for using a server
that properly resumes stalled downloads! 8)
Everything seems working fine in linux/wine/reaper
...even the wav drawing is smoothe as silk.

I could not see a place for the serial number activation,

edit edit: 'activation' is a poor choice of words, based
on other developers registration schemes. The serial number
issued unlocks -->future<-- archives as they become available,
until another paid update or important change comes along
:end edit edit

the manual says use it (the serial number)
to unlock the next version's archive,
is that correct? No i-lok, no pace, no macromedia,
no captcha arcade games ? :o

Anyway, this weekend will be a much needed
modular eddacassian for me :wink:
Cheers
Last edited by glokraw on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onerob
KVRist

145 posts since 28 Oct, 2014

Postby onerob; Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:12 pm Re: Fathom Friday

Just another nudge in favour of an installer that handles the plugin, presets, and wavetables in one package.
progtronic
KVRian

510 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Postby progtronic; Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:38 pm Re: Fathom Friday

glokraw wrote:...I could not see a place for the serial number activation,
the manual says use it to unlock the next versions archive...

I bought into the previous $12 sale, but was never issued any sort of activation code (checked all my relevant emails).. only got the download link.

Should I be worried? :neutral:
bftucker
KVRian

1073 posts since 30 Apr, 2004, from Louisville, KY

Postby bftucker; Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:14 pm Re: Fathom Friday

This is such a good deal that I am tempted to buy it...a third time!

:ud:
바보
BlackWinny
KVRAF

3422 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:55 pm Re: Fathom Friday

progtronic wrote:
glokraw wrote:...I could not see a place for the serial number activation,
the manual says use it to unlock the next versions archive...

I bought into the previous $12 sale, but was never issued any sort of activation code (checked all my relevant emails).. only got the download link.

Should I be worried? :neutral:

Who said that there was an activation code?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
BlackWinny
KVRAF

Postby BlackWinny; Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:56 pm Re: Fathom Friday

bftucker wrote:This is such a good deal that I am tempted to buy it...a third time!

:ud:

This is where leads the GAS.
:hihi:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
progtronic
KVRian

Postby progtronic; Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:13 pm Re: Fathom Friday

BlackWinny wrote:...Who said that there was an activation code?

https://www.fathomsynth.com/purchase/:
"...Please remember to save your email receipt. It contains your serial number password needed for software updates."
glokraw
KVRAF

6382 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Postby glokraw; Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:15 pm Re: Fathom Friday

Nielzie wrote:Another feature request: "audio in" feature, to route audio signals from other synths through the effects/modulations of Fathom. So basically a fathom effects vst dll version :)

And then add a midi out, to force the competition
to dance when they are exhausted :hihi:
BlackWinny
KVRAF

Postby BlackWinny; Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:24 pm Re: Fathom Friday

progtronic wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:...Who said that there was an activation code?

https://www.fathomsynth.com/purchase/:
"...Please remember to save your email receipt. It contains your serial number password needed for software updates."

Yes, I know... chronologically I'm the fourth user if I remember correctly, so it's not new.

It is a password to unzip the zip file. But it's not at all an "activation code"... An Activation Code is a code that you strike in the GUI to unlock part or all of the features once you have opened the GUI. Here it is not at all an activation code, it's a password to unzip the zip file, that's all. As soon as the user has managed to unzip the file with this "unzip password" he doesn't have to worry about an "activation code"... because there is no activation code. Having unzipped the zip file, everything was done. The term "activation code" puts a trouble in the mind of some new users... because it is not an activation code.
:party:
progtronic
KVRian

Postby progtronic; Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:47 pm Re: Fathom Friday

BlackWinny wrote:...It is a password to unzip the zip file. But it's not at all an "activation code"...

OK.. let's just call it a password then. But, my "Fathom_Pro_211.zip" download file was not locked, and did not require a password, which is good (I guess).. because I never got one.

So.. how will I be able to upgrade if I was never given a proper password? And, will all my future upgrades require the original password I was never given?

See my dilemma? :?

Did everyone else receive a locked zip file with a password? :shrug:
hhuang9611
KVRist

58 posts since 28 Feb, 2018, from USA

Postby hhuang9611; Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:01 pm Re: Fathom Friday

I bought it a week ago and only got a download link and no further authorization is needed. I think the future updates will require you have already installed the full version and it will just update what is new. So if someone does not buy it, the update will not function properly by itself. But this is just my understanding. I could be wrong.
progtronic wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:...It is a password to unzip the zip file. But it's not at all an "activation code"...

OK.. let's just call it a password then. But, my "Fathom_Pro_211.zip" download file was not locked, and did not require a password, which is good (I guess).. because I never got one.

So.. how will I be able to upgrade if I was never given a proper password? And, will all my future upgrades require the original password I was never given?

See my dilemma? :?

Did everyone else receive a locked zip file with a password? :shrug:
progtronic
KVRian

Postby progtronic; Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:09 pm Re: Fathom Friday

hhuang9611 wrote:I bought it a week ago and only got a download link and no further authorization is needed...

OK cool, so.. not just me then.

Thanks for the info man. :)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments

FEATURED
48% Off
SpeakerSpeaker Modelling
by AudioThing
  $19.00
Add A Review My KVR
Was $19.00; Save $9.25 until 30 Jun 2018!
Philosophy of design: An interview with Roland Lamb from ROLI
Advertisements