Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Frostline
KVRist

308 posts since 12 Aug, 2016

Postby Frostline; Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:51 pm Re: Fathom Friday

From earlier June 5th page 145....
I will have to change the password for 2.12 since the "-" dashes were a problem for some users.

I will update you all with news later this week on emailing in to get your new password. I want to enable people to do it in advance of the releases so they are not held up getting the update. Just make sure the email you are sending the request from matches your purchase email.

So possible recent purchasers were not given a password yet in anticipation of the PW needing to be changed soon anyway?
As someone who was a fairly early purchaser of Fathom I can say that a password was in fact needed for unzipping almost every update. It was not an unzip an initial purchase and all updates just installed from then on.
I've not seen where that system is soon to change in basic function (just the pw being updated soon), but I made have missed that.
Win10 x64, Reaper 5.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700
FathomSynth
KVRian

795 posts since 25 Mar, 2017, from Philadelphia, PA, USA

Postby FathomSynth; Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:48 pm Re: Fathom Friday

Nielzie, OK, audio through is on the feature list.

Installer is planned (someday).

Everyone, sorry, I think there was a brief period of time during the last release when I forgot to include the password in the confirmation email, so some of you might not have it.

PM me here, or email me at support@fathomsynth.com.

The support email is a little faster since I have a gmail notify gadget that pops up even while I'm coding.

As long as your email matches your purchase email then you will get the password.
wetdentist
KVRist

421 posts since 19 Jan, 2008, from Bethlehem, PA USA

Postby wetdentist; Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:04 am Re: Fathom Thread

i finally had some spare time to try Fathom inside Maschine 2 standalone again to try to see if i could crash it like before, and it turns out the answer was "yes." i opened up Maschine 2 and in a new project with no other instruments or samples loaded, i instantiated Fathom, and loaded the preset "A Walk in the Park," made a little melody in the piano roll, hit play, then added a couple more notes & crash. sorry it took so long for me to try to replicate this crashing problem
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 10, Maschine 2.7 (MKI & Jam), Guitars, Melodyne 4 Studio, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EHX Synth 9, EXH Superego+ etc
Nielzie
KVRAF

9055 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:47 am Re: Fathom Friday

FathomSynth wrote:Nielzie, OK, audio through is on the feature list.

That's awesome, thank you! :tu:
None are so hopeless enslaved as KVRians with GAS.
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:31 pm Re: Fathom Thread

wetdentist, hi, sorry it was a while since I heard from you about the crash, can you remind me the OS, were you on Windows 10?

I will fix the crash for the next release as quickly as I can.
wetdentist
KVRist

421 posts since 19 Jan, 2008, from Bethlehem, PA USA

Postby wetdentist; Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:00 pm Re: Fathom Thread

Windows 10 x64
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 10, Maschine 2.7 (MKI & Jam), Guitars, Melodyne 4 Studio, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EHX Synth 9, EXH Superego+ etc
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:51 pm Re: Fathom Thread

You tried the Windows MT build?
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:49 pm Re: Fathom Thread

Settings page is done for 2.12, still needs some more testing before the release.

Total control over all panel graphics ...

fathom gui.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SparkySpark
KVRian

1206 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:45 am Re: Fathom Thread

FathomSynth wrote:Settings page is done for 2.12, still needs some more testing before the release.

Total control over all panel graphics

Fantastic! Of course, it looks great in its default settings already. :)
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
Totolitoto
KVRAF

1872 posts since 7 Jan, 2004, from Earth

Postby Totolitoto; Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:56 am Re: Fathom Thread

I love those Industrial knobs!
Nielzie
KVRAF

9055 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:25 am Re: Fathom Thread

Can we also change the colours (ie the blue) in the GUI? I like the blue, but would be nice to have some variations :)
None are so hopeless enslaved as KVRians with GAS.
SparkySpark
KVRian

1206 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:38 am Re: Fathom Thread

Nielzie wrote:Can we also change the colours (ie the blue) in the GUI? I like the blue, but would be nice to have some variations :)

Just say it in another language: bleu, blå, blau, azul... that's variations! :D
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
Halonmusic
KVRian

1426 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:01 pm Re: Fathom Thread

Totolitoto wrote:I love those Industrial knobs!

Me too!
- 32bit for Life, 32bit Forever -
jmg8
KVRAF

1627 posts since 8 Jul, 2015, from UK

Postby jmg8; Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:51 am Re: Fathom Thread

Nielzie wrote:Can we also change the colours (ie the blue) in the GUI? I like the blue, but would be nice to have some variations :)

Go back 1 page, you just missed us having a conversation about this. But the short answer is: Yes, it's coming soon.
i7/16gb/win10,64bit/Live9/MTotal. + Surface Pro 4 (i5)
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:50 am Re: Fathom Thread

2.12 will have various shades of gray and blue and even one shade of bright orange, with a total of 16 different background panel options.

Also several different textures are provided for the gray panels including smooth, vinyl, scratched, grunge and hex.

The biggest difference is that now the panel setting mechanism is generic, meaning that you can assign any background image to anything on the UI which needs a background behind it, including the main signal flow view, envelope views, the big wave draw view, dial panels, audio unit panels, the side panels.

The picture below shows the light gray assigned to the main view instead of the blue and the blue assigned to the dial panels instead of the main view, and a realistic scratched texture assigned to the side panels instead of the hex pattern, and finally orange assigned to the graph panels (not that you'd ever want to do this).

fathom colors.jpg

2.13 will be even more generic and will completely separate all textures and colors and will provide a user color picker for all UI backgrounds, so that you can pick a texture (or no texture at all) and then pick a background color and assign that background to anything on the interface.

The only reason I did not do that for this release is that I did not want to hold up 2.12 while I redo all the background images.

Also, there will be a new "elite" version of Fathom which will allow you to select your own images for any background on the interface, so you can put a picture of your dog, cat, girlfriend or favorite band, in the main view.

fathom view.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by FathomSynth on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments

FEATURED
NAMM 2018 Show Report - New places and faces
Advertisements