Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

FathomSynth wrote: Also, there will be a new "elite" version of Fathom (for a modest fee, hehe) which will allow you to select your own images for any background on the interface, so you can put a picture of your dog, cat, girlfriend or favorite band, in the main view.
Will there also be a super-elite version with a picture of the developer in the background? :hyper: :hihi:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

lol, yes but that version will be $1024.00

FathomSynth wrote:Also, there will be a new "elite" version of Fathom (for a modest fee, hehe)
Found it!
http://fathomvr.com/
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Fathom Update June Version 2.12

First of all, my apologies that 2.12 is taking longer than most releases. Changes were more extensive in this release so I need to do more testing. The good news is that all development is now done and only testing remains.

In addition to the massive changes in the GUI and new Settings page, much of the audio processor was completely rewritten for efficiency.

This together with new abilities to disable various high quality settings, have produced some rather surprising test results.

Attached here are the Fathom's CPU Benchmark Performance Tests comparing 2.12 to 2.11.

I'm seeing on average a 15% increase in CPU on max quality settings, and with minimal settings invoked there is approximately a 40% CPU increase.

This means with presets that previously maxed out at around 10 notes will now max out at 14 notes. Keep in mind that by 2.11 there were already some CPU improvements so comparing 2.12 to earlier releases will have even more dramatic effects.
Fathom CPU Test.jpg
And of course 2.12 will also include the new GUI:
fathom 5.jpg
fathom 7.jpg
:phones: Also, I will need beta testers for this release, so sign up below.

This is open only to users who have already purchased the pro version.

The first 10 to sign up will get a free copy of the new release 2.12 in advance of the full release, without having to pay for the upgrade. The 2.12 upgrade will have a small recommended download fee, however it will be completely voluntary. Signing up for the beta in the first 10 positions will get you the new password without having to request it.

:borg: Also, for all users, the password will be changing starting with 2.12. The new password will be available to all pro users who email the support line and request the new password, provided that your email matches a recorded purchase email.

So if you want to be ready to download 2.12 when it comes out without delay, send in your emails now, over the next few days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm in for the beta please.
email: JMG8@LIVE.CO.UK
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Excellent news.

Yes, making performance improvements to an existing application is always a complex process, so it is quite time consuming .

Good luck with the testing process!

Looking forward to the next edition.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Also, for all users, the password will be changing starting with 2.12. The new password will be available to all pro users who email the support line and request the new password, provided that your email matches a recorded purchase email.
I really hope this will not end in chaos.....just requested new license and hoping.

Sign me up for beta testing Everett.

PM for e-mail address.

SparkySpark, Thanks I’ll report here as soon as it’s out.

Tatanka, OK I sent it to you.

RPH, jmg8, Ok you are both signed up, thanks for volunteering.

Sign me up as well, you wizard!

OK, You're in.

I would like in on the beta...but please don't include me with the first ten.

8)

Thanks.
바보

I'm also very curious about the new updates of Fathom, especially the performance, but unfortunately my time to beta test it really thoroughly is rather limited atm..
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Interested in testing the beta. So if possible, I'm in, thanks.

I'm down to help!

Sony laptop/older gen i7/win 10/64

Please PM me for my email.

*Thanks* for all of your hard work! A seriously tweakable GUI is a killer feature, IMHO

- GA

Return to “Instruments”