Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Bass Master from Loopmasters

Heavy, speaker-shaking tones are just a few clicks away with Bass Master. This synth is totally dedicated to bass, and it's built on Loopmasters' award-winning sonic history.

Whether you are making House, Techno, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop or other electronic music styles, Bass Master's huge variety of source sounds provide the inspiration for a weighty, powerful bass tone.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
jmg8
KVRAF

1571 posts since 8 Jul, 2015, from UK

Postby jmg8; Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:13 am Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

OK, cheers.
i7/16gb/win10,64bit/Live9/MTotal. + Surface Pro 4 (i5)
benheman
KVRist

91 posts since 17 Aug, 2014

Postby benheman; Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:01 am Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

Cheers!!!
benheman
KVRist

91 posts since 17 Aug, 2014

Postby benheman; Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:03 am Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

Keep up the good work...and generosity.
FathomSynth
KVRian

762 posts since 25 Mar, 2017, from Philadelphia, PA, USA

Postby FathomSynth; Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:24 am Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

:phones: I've just had confirmations from several users that the new 2.13 Beta built with Visual Studio 2017 fixes the crash problem with Reaper on Windows 10.

The 2.13 Beta Visual Studio 2017 build is now available up on the web site.

Starting with 2.13 I will be doing all the builds with VS 2017.
fmr
KVRAF

7293 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:27 am Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

FathomSynth wrote::phones: I've just had confirmations from several users that the new 2.13 Beta built with Visual Studio 2017 fixes the crash problem with Reaper on Windows 10.

Does that mean we will not need an MT build anymore? You can send a link to me for testing purposes, since I had the crash with the 2.12 version.
Fernando (FMR)
Tappistry
KVRian

753 posts since 2 Aug, 2017, from San Diego, CA

Postby Tappistry; Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:54 am Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

FathomSynth wrote::phones: I've just had confirmations from several users that the new 2.13 Beta built with Visual Studio 2017 fixes the crash problem with Reaper on Windows 10.

Many thanks for your fast communication over a weekend and for pushing out this update so quickly. :party: :tu:
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:19 am Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

Tappestyr, Hi, Thanks, it's my pleasure.

fmr, I sent you a PM with the link.

For now Windows 10 users will have to use the 2.13 Beta, but when the full 2.13 comes out everything will be built using VS 2017 so there should be no more problems on Windows 10.
Tappistry
KVRian

753 posts since 2 Aug, 2017, from San Diego, CA

Postby Tappistry; Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:46 am Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

FathomSynth wrote:Tappestyr, Hi, Thanks, it's my pleasure.

For now Windows 10 users will have to use the 2.13 Beta, but when the full 2.13 comes out everything will be built using VS 2017 so there should be no more problems on Windows 10.

The beta build seems to be plenty stable so far. No problems at all with Reaper or Blue Cat's Patchwork.
fmr
KVRAF

7293 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:29 am Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

FathomSynth wrote:Tappestyr, Hi, Thanks, it's my pleasure.

I can confirm that with the 2.13 Beta, I no longer need to use the MT version. The MD version works OK, with both REAPER and VST Host (2.12 MD version crashed both). Good job :tu:
Last edited by fmr on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:00 pm Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

:party:
glokraw
KVRAF

6455 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Postby glokraw; Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:51 pm Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

FathomSynth wrote:TJ, OK, good idea. I'm going to get a cheap Mac but I would prefer a new one since I'll be using it for builds and I don't want to inherit any problems.

Sometimes architect firms have a closet full of 2nd-gen macs
that were replaced, because $that's-what-architects-do$
Used in airconditioned offices, by ladies and gentlemen.
Might be worth some snooping. Any good refurb-shops around?
A new fan, new drive, and a UPS, are lucky in general.
Cheers
BK1
KVRist

32 posts since 17 Nov, 2012, from Michigan

Postby BK1; Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:37 am Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

I'm sorry to keep being a problem, but the new 2.13 version still crashes Reaper on my system. As soon as I revert back to the older version everything is fine, so I may have to stick with the old version for now unless you have any more ideas?

And please don't view me as a disgruntled customer. I deeply appreciate the fast responses and huge effort you have put into making this work, but I know that computers can be mysterious things and sometimes problems just defy explanation.
glokraw
KVRAF

6455 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Postby glokraw; Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:55 am Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

Something to try,
create a portable install of reaper on a usbstick,
and make it's vst path
C:\Users\Public\Documents\VstPlugins

and put the Fathom folder in VstPlugins

This _might_ eliminate some tomfoolery
in Program Files on the windows side.
And perhaps only include one version of Fathom .dll
in the VstPlugins folder at a time,
in case there is some reaper scanning tomfoolery.
Cheers
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:18 am Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

BK1, Ree,

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to spend some time today going back and reading through all the emails and posts for the Windows 10 crash problem to make sure I have all the information correct.

This bug is first priority today and I'll be putting together my Windows 10 machine to test.
I'm hoping I can get the crash to happen here, since it won't happen for me in Windows 7.

I'll keep you posted.

Tappestry, Fmr, I think you said 2.13 Beta fixed the crash for you.
There is also two outstanding bugs from direct email: Studio One (Dan), Cakewalk (Kevin).

If I forgot anyone else, bump your issue again here.
FathomSynth
KVRian

Postby FathomSynth; Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:33 pm Re: Fathom Thank You To Our New Pro Users

:phones: BK1, Ree,

Correction, Good News! I got it to crash.

I actually installed all the DLL's at once, 2.12 MD, 2.12 MT, 2.13 MD, 2.13 MT.
So they all appear in the Reaper plugin list under Seaweed Audio.
Then I added each one to it's own track.
Then I opened all the GUI's one after each other and closed them.
Then I opened all the GUI's at the same time.
Then I opened the first one and changed all the panel backgrounds,
to make sure it touches all the new graphics code.
Then I opened Gui's, 2,3,4 to verify that all the updated panel graphics are displayed.
Then I opened all the GUI's at the same time and resized them all.
Then I created a MIDI sequence with 10 notes and added a Wave Draw oscillator to all 4 DLL's,
and looped all playing at the same time.

No crashes or problems throughout any of the above operations (so far).

Also, interestingly, this is my new Windows 10 system and I had not yet installed any other software.
It's a new install of Reaper, and there are no Visual Studio C++ distributables installed.
I don't even have an audio driver installed, I was just using the Windows media audio driver.
Despite there literally being nothing this system except Reaper and Fathom there were no crashes.
Not even running all 4 DLL's at the same time with no VS C++ libraries present.

Then I changed the processor settings and opened the GUI, and black screen, Crash!

So now I can debug this. Should be a fix coming out soon. I'll keep you posted here.

:borg: Also there is a temporary fix for the problem until I can get you a new release.

Go into your windows user appdata and find FathomSynth\Fathom.xml.
Open it in notepad or notepad++, Set HoldGui="1", Save.
Then open Reaper again and you should be able to open all your Fathom tracks,
and obviously leave the HoldGui setting enabled until I can get you the fix.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments