Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Just use the latest of everything, which is version 1.0.10 I just released,
from here: http://www.fathomsynth.com/updates
You will want to use both the latest Fathom.dll and the latest preset and wave folders.

In this case you do not need to install on top of old stuff so it is the perfect release for a fresh OS.

Normally the updates include only the DLL and not the folders that come with the full purchase,
but this release is different.

In this release I did a lot of tuning and improvements in the presets, as well as playing through
all the presets and checking compatibility with the latest DLL, which included a lot of bug fixes.

So I decided it would be best to include everything this time.

Just to be safe, you can keep a copy of the old presets, but you will not need them
unless you made some edits and you want to keep them for future reference.

Glad I asked. :) Thanks ...
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Great, cheers on the release! :party:

- :scared: Maybe it's just me, but could you add a basic waveform and turn up the overdrive at the distortion page?
I get a soft click / pop at note-off. No ADSR inserted yet. Turn down the overdrive and the click/pop is gone.

Yes I get the same thing. OK I can fix that.

Edit 1: OK, found it. I will update the release today with the Fix.

Edit 2: OK All releases have been upgraded to 1.0.11 with the Fix.

Everyone, please get the latest.

looks a very interesting and excellent sounding VST - is the $11 deal still on as coming up as a purchase option through the KVR website ?

thanks

Man, just buy it for the normal price. It's well worth it!

@Everett: thanks for the fix, click is gone. :tu:

I just bought it for 25 bucks, its a really interesting instrument and I just want to help the Dev along for future development...pile in KVRers, it is well worth the cost of entry and you are supporting the development of something that could be really interesting.

:tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Everett is very attentive. +1 on supporting his company.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

So I just purchased this and it sounds very good but.... did I miss something? Is there no pitch bend support?

Buckster wrote:looks a very interesting and excellent sounding VST - is the $11 deal still on as coming up as a purchase option through the KVR website ?

thanks
It's 15 if you go in through KVR portal, 25 if you don't. I chose to pay the 25 as frankly I think it's worth it.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I just jumped on board with this synth as well. Looks very promising, and I'm impressed with how proactive and engaged the developer has been.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

SaganTech wrote:So I just purchased this and it sounds very good but.... did I miss something? Is there no pitch bend support?
Okay, so, Fathom is really modular, and since pitch bend can mean anything (e.g., modulating the filter cutoff), you need to manually assign pitch wheel to oscillator pitch for the "standard" usage. On an oscillator, add a modulator to the pitch note. Set it to "MIDI Controller" then Pitch Wheel. Set the modulation type to "Bipolar" and the amount accordingly.

Okay I was able to get pitch bend but in IMHO it should definitely be easier especially since I really just want to set my cents and be done with it. Also I don't think Fathom is tracking pitch bend correctly because if I hold a bend it starts to play out of tune until another pitch bend. In my best estimation I would say it is only tracking pitch bend wheel while a note is playing. I can totally repeat this and I have a patch + a MIDI file. It could be something I did wrong in setting up the patch though.

OK, I will try it and see if there is something wrong.
I don't think there is anything to prevent host midi messages from
modulating the pitch even if the note is not played, but I'll see.

Also try host parameter automation by clicking above the Pitch Note dial
in Fathom to select the dial to be accessible in the host, and then route
your controller wheel to the host parameter.

Not sure if this is a bug or due to the routing/voicing architecture with regards to effects but make a patch with an oscillator going into a delay then into a filter. Add an ADSR to the filter, in Add mode, and increase the value so it's very obvious.

Hold a note down then hit a second note. Notice the second note's filter envelope doesn't trigger.

Subsequent notes will not trigger the filter envelope until the previous note fully completes its output, including the delay time and feedback.

You can test this by setting the delay to 0 time and 0 feedback. Play notes after each other and the filter envelope triggers as expected.

Now set the delay to some beat or time and increase feedback. Play a note, release, and play another note. The second note filter envelope does not trigger if the feedback is still active.

Anyway, this is a fantastic synthesizer, and I'm still very excited where it's going. I've been playing all weekend with the Bezier curves and I don't think I've seen this in any other synth. It opens up a huge range of possibilities. Copy/paste audio units was very helpful for an Obie patch I'm working on.

While I'm here I'd like to back up Ariston's request for Random LFOs (a jumpy one and a gliding one would be very appreciated).

Return to “Instruments”