Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

I'm in love.. :love:
That bezier osc.. This is same kind of warm flood through me when I first time played with Serum :love:

Great job :clap:

DH, Thanks! Also, special thanks to our new users: deastman, Buckster, SLiC, SaganTech, frank, 2ndclass, sid, eric, sean, cbaxter and david.

Your support makes all the difference.

SaganTech, I did some testing and found that, at least in Ableton, the pitch bend is working correctly.

It should hold the frequency correctly, and it should also return correctly to the note frequency as long as the wheel snaps back into the zero position, or the host midi signal returns to zero. According to my tests this is true even if a note is not currently being played when the controller signal returns to zero.

The picture below shows this.

However, if something is working differently for you, post the additional steps and I'll fix it.

Yellowmix, great testing, yes you got it right, that is for sure a bug. I just tried it myself by going from an oscillator through DDL to LPF.

It works fine as long as the midi notes are monophonic, but as soon as more than one note is played the filter modulator no longer triggers.

I think that is because the DDL and Reverb are channel processors, and the filter is a voice processor (Fathom filters are applied individually on poly voices and even on separate detune voices also). Putting a voice processor after a channel processor is lozing something.

I will fix that in the next release.

OK, I will try to move the Random LFO up the list, a lot of ppl have asked for that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FathomSynth wrote: SaganTech, I did some testing and found that, at least in Ableton, the pitch bend is working correctly.
If you don't mind I would like to send you the patch plus a MIDI file that exhibits this behavior. Can you private message me or give me an email address to send it to?

Thanks.

I have a question beside the technical aspects.
In the beginning I bought your synth. for 12 Euro or so.
Am I eligable for your updates?

SaganTech, Yes, you can send me an email here or to:
support@fathomsynth.com

I'll try to recreate the problem using your data and fix it in the next release.

classic, Yes of course, updates are free, send me an email also.

I just fixed an important problem in the audio Engine. Overhishead reported some testing he did which led me to the solution. I’m posting it here since the fix is a huge improvement to the sound quality.

Some of you may have noticed a DC offset in the mix output when using Fathom. It also turns up as a very low frequency spike on a spectrum analyzer. I found that it is caused by accumulated DC offset from drawn waveforms.

It only occurs with the Wave Draw oscillator when the sound engine renders the waveform without removing the DC offset term. The DC offset is a good thing for the graphs so that the partials graph matches what you are drawing, but in the audio output this is bad.

The problem is not noticeable with only one track without Detune, but if Detune is enabled the error accumulates quickly and moves the entire output signal up or down.

Anyway, the fix will be released in 1.0.12.

The diagram below shows …

(1) The original waveform.
(2) The output from 5 detune voices accumulating to a DC offset.
(3) The fixed output with no DC offset in the audio.
(4) The fixed output with the same 5 detune voices perfectly balanced.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi, I'm a new user and I have a question, a feature request, and a comment.

edit: Just saw that you told someone above to send you an email for updates. I've just done so.
Question: I purchased Fathom in the kvr marketplace. How do I download updates? I found a zip file with the new version on your website but it is passworded and I don't know how to find the password.

Feature request: Would it be possible to get phase controls for all the oscillator types? Most have it, but it seems to be missing in the Basic Waveform and Wave Draw oscillators. I'm guessing it was omitted for those oscillators because the knob doesn't fit on the GUI, but if you could find some way to squeeze it in that would be awesome.

Comment: Fathom is really cool! I had a lot of fun messing around with the wave draw oscillator, and the wavetable osc is really neat too. I'm looking forward to trying out the bezier oscillator once I'm able to update. This is possibly the most value for money I've ever gotten out of a synth. :)
Last edited by Greenstorm33 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenstorm33 wrote: This is possibly the most value for money I've ever gotten out of a synth. :)
That is a strong quote and quite accurate as well.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Good gets better and better!

:clap: :love: :clap:
바보

Greenstorm, Its good to have you aboard!

After you purchased the product you should have gotten an confirmation email, for either the KVR purchase or the website purchase. It contains your password, its a number that looks like a game key, enter that into the password for the version update zip file and it will unlock.

If you can’t find the key send me a private email. (I will check frequently today while I work, so you can get started with Beziers asap).

Yes, all oscillators will have a phase dial for sure. This week’s release will be a quick bug fix release and the next release after that will have some essential user request features include a lot of stuff for the oscillators, including the phase dial.

Edit: Fathom thanks you for the compliment, actually your quote is a great encomium for the product, I hope you don't mind if I used it on the web site.

SM, Bft, thanks!

Ah, got it. I should have thought to try that as the password. I did send you an email earlier, but no need to reply now :oops: Also you can feel free to quote me on your website :)

Hi FathomSynth,
Is the Audio Unit version slowly getting the top of the to do list?
Can't wait to give it a try.

Sorry if this has been asked before:

I missed a few updates (7, 8,..)
Do I still have to install these or does 11 contain everything?
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before:

I missed a few updates (7, 8,..)
Do I still have to install these or does 11 contain everything?
The 1.0.11 is all you need.

Hey guys and gals. I am in the process of creating some starter templates for mainly player patches ie typical sounds for sitting down and actually playing a keyboard. I am doing the same for rhythmic patches where the template is mainly to save the envelopes and modulations. This brought a quetion to mind. Is there anyone here experienced in SFX stuff. Where the whole patch is desighed not to be played per say but simply to produce a desired sound only once?

I would be very interested in seeing patches like that as I have no experience in those.

I also thought that Fathom lends itself very well to splits ie splitting the keyboard into zones and building sounds for each zone within one instance.

What are some of the things that you guys are doing?

Return to “Instruments”