Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

Ingonator
KVRAF

11015 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:51 am Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

Spitfire31 wrote:Thanks for the naming bug heads up!

Neither in Live 9.6 nor Logic X Pro 10.2.2 (Mac OS 10.9.5) will Gladiator 2.6 allow any renaming of patches. Whatever I type, using SHIFT or not, nothing appears in the Name field which stays blank.

zerocrossing wrote:I'm seeing the UI response has gone to total crap. Slllooooooooower than a slug in molasses in January. CPU use is fine. I'm on a garden variety Dell running the latest Windows. It's become unusable.

Renaming seems to work here with Live 9.7.1 64-bit at Windows 10 64-bit and i also do not notice a slow GUi there.

UPDATE:
The 64-bit VST2 plugin of Gladiator 2.6 besides Live 9.7.1 64-bit also seems to work properly here in Cubase Pro 9.0.10, Studio One 3.3.4 64-bit, Bitwig 1.3.16 (full version) and Bitwig 2.0 (demo version) too.
Ingo Weidner - Sound Design
HW: Blofeld, Pulse 2, UltraNova, BS2
SW: PPG 3.V, Largo, Nave, Icarus, Legend, Avenger, Saurus 2, Diva, Syn'X 2, Komplete 10, VC 5, many more
i5-3350P / Win 10 x64 / Live 9 / Cubase Pro 9 / Studio One 3 / Bitwig 2 / PT 12.6
ENV1
KVRAF

1831 posts since 31 Aug, 2011

Postby ENV1; Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:16 am Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

I remember seeing plugins not taking certain characters too once or twice. I cant recall their names or type anymore, (could have been synths or effects or both), but if i remember correctly i was able to type the no-show characters when i held down CTRL or ALT. (Dont recall which. Could have been both but i dont believe so.)

So if you havent tried that yet, give it a shot.

It might not work in every case but i know it does at least in some cases.
zvenx
KVRAF

5300 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:56 am Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

Lfo changing shape works fine in sierra on cubase 9.
However the rename (which I have never used before) doesn't seem to be working, cubase is stealing all the keyboard entries as I try to type any rename name.

rsp

bmanic wrote:
zvenx wrote:I don't have any GUI issues thus far either on my mac or pc with 2.6
rsp

Try this (just to confirm):

Select any preset.. then hit the "rename button" and type 'mmmmmmkay'. Does it allow you to type the letter 'm' into the naming field?

Also, try moving through the LFO shapes quickly and see if the mouse clicks are properly registered. So if you go 'click, click, click', do the LFO shapes actually change at the same pace? For me it's lagging behind.. seemingly randomly.

Note: This could all be related to Reaper + Gladiator 2.6.. some kind of odd combination. Once I get back to work I'll try it in other DAWs as well and see if the problem persists.
zerocrossing
KVRAF

8767 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:49 am Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

Ingonator wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:Thanks for the naming bug heads up!

Neither in Live 9.6 nor Logic X Pro 10.2.2 (Mac OS 10.9.5) will Gladiator 2.6 allow any renaming of patches. Whatever I type, using SHIFT or not, nothing appears in the Name field which stays blank.

zerocrossing wrote:I'm seeing the UI response has gone to total crap. Slllooooooooower than a slug in molasses in January. CPU use is fine. I'm on a garden variety Dell running the latest Windows. It's become unusable.

Renaming seems to work here with Live 9.7.1 64-bit at Windows 10 64-bit and i also do not notice a slow GUi there.

UPDATE:
The 64-bit VST2 plugin of Gladiator 2.6 besides Live 9.7.1 64-bit also seems to work properly here in Cubase Pro 9.0.10, Studio One 3.3.4 64-bit, Bitwig 1.3.16 (full version) and Bitwig 2.0 (demo version) too.

Hm, I tried it in Bitwig (the light version) and it was fine. Retried it in Live and it's still the same. Very slow.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
robindrieghe
KVRian

549 posts since 13 Oct, 2006

Postby robindrieghe; Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:26 am Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

lfo works great in flstudio,renaming not.
Hard=Sherman filterbank 2,Emu xboard 49,some korg stuff and adam a7x monitors.
Soft=i like to support small company's!
replicant X
KVRist

143 posts since 30 Jun, 2009, from moon

Postby replicant X; Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:45 am Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

Loading time of the plugin have become very faster than previous versions.
And I noticed that HCM synthesis is almost same as 3D-wavetable synthesis.
But different GUI and different character.

I love new sound character especially bass.
Sounds very fat like Spectrasonics Trilian and Gladiator is not PCM rompler.
It's brilliant.

Renaming issue is same for me.
But since Gladiator haven't had patch browser, I use DAW's browser.
Caine123
KVRAF

4194 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:02 am Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

installed the v2.6 yesterday and all was running well so far! didnt a/b test the sound yet.

for the renaming issues i got an official reply from Markus, i didnt test the renaming myself yet:

"The 'rename patch' function can only work properly if the host supports submitting keypresses to the plugins. That's why it wrote in the patch notes:

"- In the Mac version patches can now be renamed from within the plugin (if the host supports it)"

What does happen if the host does not support it?
No or not all keypresses are submitted to the plugin.
Example: Orion does not submit the space key to the plugin. The 'space' key is assigned as a hotkey in the host for start/stop playback. If you type in 'new name' only 'newname' will be received by the plugin, since the host does submit it to Gladiator.

What can you do to solve the issue?
Please do note that this is not a bug in Gladiator. For technical reasons this problem can not be solved from the plugin's companies site. It does affect also many plugins from other companies.
The problem is a host issue. The host does not forward keyboard input properly to the plugins.
Contact the host's company and request a support for submitting keyboard input to the plugins.
"
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 2nd Gen 18i20 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit
D N A
KVRian

1073 posts since 1 Jan, 2004

Postby D N A; Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:29 am Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

One of the most fun synth to create presets for :) Need to reinstall it :)
bmanic
KVRAF

7712 posts since 3 Feb, 2003, from Finland, Espoo

Postby bmanic; Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:05 am Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

Caine123 wrote:installed the v2.6 yesterday and all was running well so far! didnt a/b test the sound yet.

for the renaming issues i got an official reply from Markus, i didnt test the renaming myself yet:

"The 'rename patch' function can only work properly if the host supports submitting keypresses to the plugins. That's why it wrote in the patch notes:

"- In the Mac version patches can now be renamed from within the plugin (if the host supports it)"

Example: Orion does not submit the space key to the plugin. The 'space' key is assigned as a hotkey in the host for start/stop playback. If you type in 'new name' only 'newname' will be received by the plugin, since the host does submit it to Gladiator.

Please do note that this is not a bug in Gladiator. For technical reasons this problem can not be solved from the plugin's companies site. It does affect also many plugins from other companies.
The problem is a host issue. The host does not forward keyboard input properly to the plugins.
Contact the host's company and request a support for submitting keyboard input to the plugins.
"

Well, Markus is wrong. Reaper has an option that transfer ALL key presses to the plugin. 'm' key still doesn't work.. besides, it was working just fine in the previous version of Gladiator and works just fine in Electra X (and original v1.0 of Gladiator which I still have installed).

It's definitely buggy.
"Remember the iLokalypse June 10 - June 22 2013 - Dominus"
Caine123
KVRAF

4194 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:07 am Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

bmanic wrote:
Caine123 wrote:installed the v2.6 yesterday and all was running well so far! didnt a/b test the sound yet.

"

Well, Markus is wrong. Reaper has an option that transfer ALL key presses to the plugin. 'm' key still doesn't work.. besides, it was working just fine in the previous version of Gladiator and works just fine in Electra X (and original v1.0 of Gladiator which I still have installed).

It's definitely buggy.

ok, it would be good if you would reply in the tone2 forums where he is quite active :).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 2nd Gen 18i20 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit
GeorgeZ
KVRAF

2924 posts since 29 May, 2009, from New Zealand

Postby GeorgeZ; Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:42 pm Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

I have 2.4 installed still, and the "m" issue is there too, so certain previous versions have had that problem as well.
Eternitysound VST Banks
planetearth
KVRian

1086 posts since 10 Jul, 2006, from Tampa

Postby planetearth; Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:11 pm Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

It's working properly in SONAR Platinum and SONAR X3. No issues with renaming patches or changing the LFO.

Steve
I'm looking for lyricists and collaborators. Anyone interested?
Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife.
bmanic
KVRAF

Postby bmanic; Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 pm Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

planetearth wrote:It's working properly in SONAR Platinum and SONAR X3. No issues with renaming patches or changing the LFO.

Steve

Did you try specifically the 'm' key? Can you type 'mmmmmmmmmmkay?' as a patch name?
Musical Gym
KVRAF

4784 posts since 23 May, 2004, from square1

Postby Musical Gym; Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:33 pm Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

Wild guess (and probably wrong) but could your m key already be assigned to something else like Mute?
bmanic
KVRAF

Postby bmanic; Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:04 am Re: Tone2 Gladiator 2.6 update

No. Like I said, Reaper has an option to send absolutely all keypresses to the currently active plugin. Also, the 'm' key works just fine in all other plugins that allow custom preset saving or any kind of renaming. That was of course the first thing I tried. :)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments