Omnisphere keeps losing patches. What are the workarounds ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aumordia wrote:
Cinebient wrote:But your responses are not better, or?
With words like Omnicultists?
Couldn't you just not accept that many people are happy and never had trouble with it like i can accept as a happy customer that others don't like it.
However, Happy Easter!
Sorry for the OP but the support was always great when i had a problem and they should get you sorted.
:lol: imagine being this invested in a soft synth...

OP you say you've been having this problem for years and with both Omni and RMX... are you by chance placing your STEAM folder in a custom location? While this is technically possible my experience was that Omni gets very flakey when you do that.
Yes I have steam and sage folders on separate drive (dedicated for sample libraries)
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

With Stylus RMX this happens just about once every 5 years.
With Omnisphere about every 3-6 months.

TS-12 wrote:Well why don't those people help those that have issues with Omnisphere, since they figured out how to safely use Omnisphere, maybe we thebones with problems with Omnisphere are doing something not as those many people.

Or maybe those many people just use 1 or 2 patches in Omnisphere..
They have helped you. I've suggested safe working while you get this sorted out, and a very quick way of doing it, without any response or acknowledgement. A Spectrasonics member of staff, meanwhile has offered to personally take up the case to get to the bottom of it.

For those of us working with it without issues, we didn't figure anything out, and it may be a shock to you to learn that some of us use 3 different patches or maybe even more*. It just worked. It always did, for us. Maybe you're really unlucky, or maybe there's something weird with your system. But I know you have been helped greatly in this thread, and seem to show little recognition or acknowledgement of it. I shall leave you to it.

*(because I've found it needs stating on KVR, this bit was a joke)
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

lol HARRUMPH
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

maybe..... ahhh nevermind. :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:maybe..... ahhh nevermind. :hihi:
My favorite part of taking a break from KVR is coming back and seeing how much layzer has changed :hihi:

I mean that in a back handed compliment sort of way :tu:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Voice303 wrote:
layzer wrote:maybe..... ahhh nevermind. :hihi:
My favorite part of taking a break from KVR is coming back and seeing how much layzer has changed :hihi:

I mean that in a back handed compliment sort of way :tu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXX-HuhPGR4
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thank you all for your suggestions.
So from now on I use separate instance of Omnisphere for every patch. Name the instrument track with the patch name. Also Bounce into audio track for back up.
Hopefully like this should be safer. Even thou now I have 15+ Omnisphere instrument tracks.
I think this is the safest solution for now

Happy Easter Everyone. Christ Has Risen!

TS-12 wrote:Thank you all for your suggestions.
So from now on I use separate instance of Omnisphere for every patch. Name the instrument track with the patch name. Also Bounce into audio track for back up.
Hopefully like this should be safer. Even thou now I have 15+ Omnisphere instrument tracks.
I think this is as I imagine you know is a very inefficient way to use omnisphere.
What I did and still do is using cubase's preset system, once I have an omnipshere or rmx mutli set up, save it with the project name......
of course there was once that rmx broke this, but speaking nicely to spectrasonics, fixed that.

rsp
sound sculptist

TS-12 wrote:
Slaapstadseun wrote:I have been using Omnisphere (and RMX) for a looong time and this has never happened to me. Never heard of it happening to anyone else.

Patches are not saved 'inside' Omnisphere - they are saved as files on your hard drive. Omnisphere cannot "lose" your patches.

My advice is that you be more careful while saving patches.
Yes the saved multi is still in the omnisphere folder.
For past many times reopening the project the multi was always loading correctly than bam blank Omnisphere..
So how can I make Omnisphere load the saved multi correctly ? And how can be more "carefull" saving patches ?
Btw i forgot a detail...had problem too until i upgraded to win 10 but also cubase to 8... had some problems with cubase 7..... so i'm not sure what was the main cause so....

Anyway.... sorry i was away from a PC With omni installed in previous replys and couldn't remember the exact names on omnisphere

so my advice until you have this figured out is:

1 - load individual Omnisphere instances for each patch/preset if possible or at max [...if possible.. ;)] use as little of the multi slots... i have 2 reasons for this advice

1.1 (in my opinion) It saves CPU since that fully multi loaded instance all falls under the same CPU core, at least with cubase and with most DAW under my knowledge.... so even if your other cores are at 10% that one core load will screw you up...

1.2 if it breaks down you'll be able to fix it more easily

2- Save the patches/presets @ -> Utility -> Save patch as -> and create a new Folder

**Note you don't need to fill out all that info/categorys/etc in preset/patch save....
just choose a name for the preset and press save... done ;)

if you just want to overwrite a presets just select --> Utility -> Save patch quick

Hope it helps

jamesbernard from spectrasonics is trying to help you though ;)...............

zvenx wrote:
TS-12 wrote:Thank you all for your suggestions.
I think this is as I imagine you know is a very inefficient way to use omnisphere.
What I did and still do is using cubase's preset system, once I have an omnipshere or rmx mutli set up, save it with the project name......
of course there was once that rmx broke this, but speaking nicely to spectrasonics, fixed that.

rsp
Oh Cubase's vst preset save!!!
I'll do that too.
Didnt think of that.

TS-12 wrote:Happy Easter Everyone. Christ Has Risen!
Indeed He has risen!

Happy Easter to everyone, even the haters. :hug:
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

I mean Omni2 is good but.. Christ.. I dunno...
:D
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Return to “Instruments”