What I want to see on new synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A big f**king main volume control - on the lower right side please.

Those of us who frequently push things into cone-testing mode will thank you.

Searching around these things for a little teeny volume slider sucks.

I agree. :)

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

I agree again. :D

I only only who really wants in all synths Lfo and cutoff rates in Hz? and Envelope times in ms/seconds etc? these are few things what i bet are easy do but way too rare how reasy they are do i bet.

These should be universal rules for any VSTi, in my humble opinion.

1) MIDI CC map that you can make a default one.
2) Multitimbrality and multi-outs so you don't have to load another instance of the whole synth just so you can have a "whoosh" sound on that channel. Look at Korg M1, Wavestation, Kontakt. It is very convenient and easy to use. I don't think it is hard to program a tab with 1-8 buttons to change channels. Or 1-16. And why not using the multi out capability of the VST?? Every VST can have 32 audio outputs and inputs. The only requirement is that the first output is stereo, for compatibility with certain DAWs. Others can be stereo or mono. It would be nice if we can configure those to our liking. It is quite hard to keep track of all the instances of the synth. I think you would agree. It's easier to change tabs than to change instances of the synth.
3) Bring me pizza! :)

Cheers! :party:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

u-He synths have a big enough volume control.

JPQ wrote:I only only who really wants in all synths Lfo and cutoff rates in Hz? and Envelope times in ms/seconds etc? these are few things what i bet are easy do but way too rare how reasy they are do i bet.
Envelope times in ms kind of aren't meaningful if their curves are exponential.

Yeah, and if your synth has a global cutoff control, like Sylenth1, then Hz isn't meaningful either. Or if you modulate the cutoff in any way.

A 5 to 7-band graphic equalizer with fixed, but musically relevant frequencies because eq plays a big role with many sounds. Many synths have a basic 2-part parametric eq, but there is only so much one can do with them, basically reduce the bottom and top end.

A mono switch for bass patches.

Dedicated controls for frequently used modulations such as velocity -> env amount/attack/etc.
Maybe even a free knob or slider per section that one can assign a source to.

LFO's with fade-in control.

Various env retrigger modes (hard, soft etc.) without irritating noises.

To any synth, add Cthulhu's functionality (Xfer)... and add a snazzy chord progression generator. What could that be like? I'm trying to remember a synth like that.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Something I haven't imagined yet
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

A cup holder and a vanity mirror.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Make every synth sound like Repro-1! :lol:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Snooze button and cruise control, just like my car.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Return to “Instruments”