Where has all the magware gone?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wondering, we had Dune CM/BE, Tyrell N6, Beatzille, Curve CM, Loomer Cumulus, Kirnu Cream CM, Aalto CM, the Tone2 fx freebies, and what not, but, as of late, there only seems to be rather unknown stuff, with pretty slim functionality. Is the business running too well to be willing to attract customers with attractive, quasi free stuff? Have we been spoiled, and developers decided that giving out magware of their plugins isn't as lucrative, or effective as they thought it would be? Frankly, i always hoped u-he, for example, would be able to get the Minimoog modules from Diva, put them together, and make a small but tasty Minimoog emu out of it. Or Tone2 make Saurus 1 available as magware. I know, may be asked too much, and maybe it just doesn't fit into the profile the devs have for their plugins. But, really, haven't see a good magware since Beatzille, and before that, it has been a long time without a decent magware too. Come on devs, give us a point to buy the mags, and your company a popularity boost, which will be good for your business too. :P

XILS STiX CM will be included with next issue of CM, out May 17.

Ah, that's interesting. :) Thanks for the heads up. I think i will get that issue then. I hope they will at least implement multi-outs then, which is one of the biggest limitations with Geist Lite, for example, that it has only a single stereo output.

There were two big bookshops in the centre of Auckland that I used to go to buy Computer Music and SOS. They closed them and I haven't seen those mags for years now in any bookshop in Auckland (I'm not kidding). So, I can't get the magware except if I subscribe online maybe.
Anyway, I'm thinking to subscribe to SOS, but this magazine doesn't have magware as far as I know.

EnGee, you can buy the issues digitally, on Apple Newsstand, Google Play, or Zinio. And, when you buy an issue, you have full access on the whole DVD content, via the Computer Music Vault. I ordered exactly one physical Computer Music issue, back when it wasn't already available online, in 2011, all the other issues i got via Zinio, or Google Play. You can check here, for more infos and links for the digital issues: http://www.musicradar.com/news/computer ... is-out-now

Oh! Thank you for that :) I thought I need to subscribe for one year first.

This is the first thing I'm going to do tomorrow :D

This is the teaser for STiX CM in the current issue of CM:

EuterpeXL that TrackSpark offered a couple of months ago, was very nice.

But it is so annoying that one has to be online to be able to use the plug in full. I thought the dev was going to fix that, but have got no E-mail from trackspark about that so far :(

Numanoid wrote:This is the teaser for STiX CM in the current issue of CM:

It doesn't look like it's very limited, will check it out and see if it's worth it :D thanks for the insight

i think this is not the CM version on your screenshot there is no CM mention , I'd really like to have 'little' full functional rather than a preset player.Someone already know the limitations ?

hivkorn wrote:i think this is not the CM version on your screenshot there is no CM mention
There is Computer Music in that screenshot logo, look in the middle to the very left ;)
Last edited by Numanoid on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:
hivkorn wrote:i think this is not the CM version on your screenshot there is no CM mention
There is Computer Music in that screenshot, look in the middle to the very left ;)

ho yes !!little white CM mention !!! Maybe I will buy the next CM issue :D

but if we compare the cm version :

and the full version :

there is not a lot of difference , i think it will be a preset player , i wish i'm wrong...

Numanoid wrote:There is Computer Music in that screenshot logo, look in the middle to the very left ;)
Not to mention the really large one behind the sliders.

EnGee wrote:Oh! Thank you for that :) I thought I need to subscribe for one year first.

This is the first thing I'm going to do tomorrow :D
If you're not on the Apple cart, I can vouch for zinio :)

Re: shops that closed, one was Boarders, what was the other one? To be fair, they were always stupidly overpriced (Boarders in general for anything magazine like), so I stopped buying from them way before they shut up shop (just dessert the greedy bast.... )
Last edited by GeorgeZ on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eternitysound VST Banks

Return to “Instruments”