Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
dtekproduk
KVRer

14 posts since 7 Dec, 2016

Postby dtekproduk; Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:54 am Roland System 1 PLUGOUTs Sound DEMO & Native Instruments NKS integration

I think Roland has done a fudge with the "controller" System 1 (a controller of poor construction quality).
For that reason I think it is better to spend the money on a Native Instruments Maschine or a Komplete Kontrol controller.
I have created some NKS mappings for use in Maschine and Komplete kontrol. By the way, I have made some videos demonstrating how simple it is to control them and how they sound.

First Roland SH-2 Plugout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c-BADtn9-A
dtekproduk
KVRer

Postby dtekproduk; Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:28 am Re: Roland System 1 PLUGOUTs Sound DEMO & Native Instruments NKS integration

Klinke1
KVRist

333 posts since 18 Feb, 2011

Postby Klinke1; Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:56 pm Re: Roland System 1 PLUGOUTs Sound DEMO & Native Instruments NKS integration

(Dunno about system-1)

I have a KK and the System-8 quality is higher.. it is better.
The knobs+sliders+buttons have all exact the same great feel.
System-8 has much more knobs...
KK has 8 knobs and nearly all have a different feel/friction. (same with Maschine)

The S8 keybord feels more solid and is better to play + KK key release produce a cheap dry sound.
The kk has some sharp edges on the white keys that i don't like/want to see..

The KK i had to send back 2 times and i am still not happy. 1st time DHL f**ked it up kompletely kaputt. (still the silly touchstrip is not 100%.)
Then after a month some screws underneath became loose and it had a devastating impact on the keys.. which were starting to make really funny noises. (fixed that myself..)
KK is heavier..

KK is not so good... System-8 reminds me of 80's hardware. :tu:

Seems there is a difference between System-1 and 8. (i just want to point out)

(edit: The system-8 cutoff +LFOrate knobs have high resolution.. ubersmooth.)
- WonderEcho -
rod_zero
KVRAF

2199 posts since 28 Jan, 2011, from MEXICO

Postby rod_zero; Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:20 am Re: Roland System 1 PLUGOUTs Sound DEMO & Native Instruments NKS integration

The system 1 keyboard is horrible, but the knobs/sliders are fine, almost the same as system 8, I would laso the take the system 8 over the KK any day, you get a synth and tons of knobs that map perfectly to Roland plug outs.
dedication to flying
dtekproduk
KVRer

Postby dtekproduk; Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:49 am Re: Roland System 1 PLUGOUTs Sound DEMO & Native Instruments NKS integration

Hi.
I'm not arguing if someone system 1 or 8 works for you.
I just say that to produce at home with the plug-ins you do not have to pay 500 € (System1) or 1500 € (System8) If you have a controller type: Maschine, kk, apc40, Push ...
I only try to give an alternative solution to anyone who does not want or can have a system1-8
dtekproduk
KVRer

Postby dtekproduk; Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:50 am Re: Roland System 1 PLUGOUTs Sound DEMO & Native Instruments NKS integration

Now the PROMARS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyrfRSv8JeE

By the way who does not like the integration NKS can listen to the techno sound demo. I've done it with all my love ...

:party:
dtekproduk
KVRer

Postby dtekproduk; Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:30 am Re: Roland System 1 PLUGOUTs Sound DEMO & Native Instruments NKS integration

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments