SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro Zebra

spunkmuffin wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50QNZziKsYk

Nice one Urs! :D This Sonicstate video is great. Repro-5 really sounds incredibly good. The per-voice distortion section sounds f***ing awesome. :tu:
Ugh, that sonic state guy talks more than the presenters.

I'm not even watching the video. Make it easier on me not to and just wait till the actual 2.8 release.

I think Urs has a cold. ;)

Repro-5 sounds nice by the way. And i don't think Nick Batt talks particularly much. I much prefer reporters asking some knowledged questions, than just let the devs do their presentation routine.

Nick Batt from Sonicstate is awesome! :tu:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Zebra 2.8 looks really nice.

Well, the new skin really improves Zebra usability... will add it to my wishlist.

I laughed as Urs was talking about Tangerine Dream who used a synth called a "Prophet 5". Never heard of it! :lol:

EnGee wrote:I laughed as Urs was talking about Tangerine Dream who used a synth called a "Prophet 5". Never heard of it! :lol:
Hehehe, the bliss of trying to work around, you know, naming things.

I would love to find a way to say "this synth is inspired by that synth" without making it a possible copyright violation or unfair business.

@Urs , can u at least put the demo to download.
Great videos
Bless

Urs wrote:I would love to find a way to say "this synth is inspired by that synth" without making it a possible copyright violation or unfair business.
Here's a tip then. Try "famous five-voice American synthesizer" or "late 70s American polysynth" for Prophet 5. It's what Korg uses in their manual for Kronos. :)

Urs wrote:
EnGee wrote:I laughed as Urs was talking about Tangerine Dream who used a synth called a "Prophet 5". Never heard of it! :lol:
Hehehe, the bliss of trying to work around, you know, naming things.

I would love to find a way to say "this synth is inspired by that synth" without making it a possible copyright violation or unfair business.
You did well but unintentionally funny ;)

Waiting for the public beta of RePro~5. I would be glad to contribute with some presets in addition to beta testing it :)

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:As I've said elsewhere, if anyone has the patience and skill to reproduce the original 40 presets for the <insert synth name here> then the patch diagrams are in the original Operations manual.
Last year in a thread at the U-He sub-forum i posted 39 Repro-1 patches based on the Prophet 5 factory patches.
As i do not find the thread at the moment here is the Dropbox link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... 1.2016.zip

If i remember correctly i used Arturia Prophet V3 as a reference but also some audio demos of presets in the real thing.

An audio demo using the "P5 Mid Strings" and the Polymind Max 4 Live device to get Repro-1 polyphonic:
IW - Repro-1 - Polymind Demo 01
As an external FX the Lexicon MPX Native Reverb was used (all 5 instances routed into an audio track with the FX).
A Max 4 Live LFO device was used to add a slight random detuning to the "voices". Stereo paning was done in the tracks of Live 9 used for the multiple instances.

As mentioned earlier with Repro-5 this kind of "workaround" will no longer be necessary.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Ingonator wrote:
If i remember correctly i used Arturia Prophet V3 as a reference .
That's what i thought too.

I would like to be in Beta test too.

Return to “Instruments”