Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
egbert101
KVRian

914 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:28 am Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

XpanderDude wrote:What's so wrong with mentioning by name the synths that inspired a product? We're talking about a synth that first came out nearly 40 years ago and isn't being made today. Is it because the prophet name is being used again? Is it bad form?

Probably because the Prophet 6 is being made today. Also to avoid potential legal problems.

https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/product/prophet-6/
Numanoid
KVRAF

24234 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Postby Numanoid; Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:31 am Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

A chance to have a better look at the GUI of rP5:

https://www.facebook.com/uheplugins/pho ... =3&theater
michaelbrac
KVRist

150 posts since 12 Jan, 2013, from A foolish shepherd = God

Postby michaelbrac; Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:38 am Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

egbert101 wrote:
spunkmuffin wrote:
I hope Urs is considering coming up with more vintage polyphonic synths in future. I'm thinking Oberheim OB-8, Elka Synthex and Moog Memorymoog.

Oh , Oh
Now we r talking
I would like to see Moog Memorymoog.
:hyper: :party: :tu:
Orbit-50
KVRAF

2036 posts since 28 Jun, 2005, from La La Land

Postby Orbit-50; Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:27 am Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

I would have been able to enjoy the videos had they not been speaking in Mandarin. :hihi:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.
egbert101
KVRian

Postby egbert101; Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:20 am Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

michaelbrac wrote:
egbert101 wrote:
I hope Urs is considering coming up with more vintage polyphonic synths in future. I'm thinking Oberheim OB-8, Elka Synthex and Moog Memorymoog.

Oh , Oh
Now we r talking
I would like to see Moog Memorymoog.
:hyper: :party: :tu:

Yeah, well, a future u-he Minimoog/Memorymoog would make sense as a combination. It could happen. :hihi:
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
egbert101
KVRian

Postby egbert101; Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:29 am Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

Damn, I noticed my u-he coupon code for the survey I filled out ended April 10th. :dog:
BBFG#
KVRAF

5143 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:30 am Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

egbert101 wrote:
michaelbrac wrote:I would like to see Moog Memorymoog.

Yeah, well, a future u-he Minimoog/Memorymoog would make sense as a combination. It could happen. :hihi:

I've always felt the Memorymoog timbre is closer to the Voyager than the model D. (I've owned the Memory and D, but not the Voyager). But TBH, I haven't missed either really since adding DIVA to my arsenal and have had to get honest with myself that wanting these Moogs are purely out of personal nostalgia.
I'd much rather see these added to DIVA if indeed we really need them.
Last edited by BBFG# on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
egbert101
KVRian

Postby egbert101; Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:34 am Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

BBFG# wrote:I've always felt the Memorymoog timbre is closer to the Voyager than the model D. (I've owned the Memory and D, but not the Voyager). But TBH, I haven't missed either really since adding DIVA to my arsenal and have had to get honest with myself that wanting these Moogs are purely out of personal nostalgia.
I'd much rather see these added to DIVA if indeed we really need them.

I don't want to over speculate (but I am :hihi:) but newer filters could end up in Diva as well. So you could have a choice of standalone or Diva version. They can all fit into different price points.
spektralisk
KVRist

87 posts since 23 May, 2010

Postby spektralisk; Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:35 am Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

I postponed Zebra so many times. I think it's time to finally get it soon. Since you already started voting for another emulation I would like to see them model Поливокс :D
spunkmuffin
KVRist

327 posts since 5 Sep, 2014

Postby spunkmuffin; Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:09 pm Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

michaelbrac, egbert101 & BBFG# you have all misquoted me. Please correct your posts, thanks.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:
Urs
u-he

20839 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:32 pm Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

XpanderDude wrote:What's so wrong with mentioning by name the synths that inspired a product? We're talking about a synth that first came out nearly 40 years ago and isn't being made today. Is it because the prophet name is being used again? Is it bad form?

If we don't say anything, "thank you" whatsoever, it looks like we don't acknowledge the pioneering work of the people involved in creating the synth that inspired our product. If we do mention it, we use someone else's trademark to advertise for our own product. Both suck, but not mentioning it is the safer way.
Numanoid
KVRAF

24234 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Postby Numanoid; Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:29 pm Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

Has u-he the company approached DSI about an official endorsement?

Both u-he and DSI are well renowned by more or less everybody as far as I know.

So it would be a win/win situation for both parties IMO to join hands, it would also mean a lot of free publicity in the process.
Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF

4767 posts since 15 Aug, 2006

Postby Funkybot's Evil Twin; Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:14 pm Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

Urs wrote:

If we don't say anything, "thank you" whatsoever, it looks like we don't acknowledge the pioneering work of the people involved in creating the synth that inspired our product. If we do mention it, we use someone else's trademark to advertise for our own product. Both suck, but not mentioning it is the safer way.

Maybe just try to say, "...based on a great vintage instrument designed by Dave Smith and his team." Gives the credit, without using someone else's trademark to advertise your own product.
beely
KVRian

1125 posts since 6 Jul, 2013

Postby beely; Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:31 pm Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

Really looking forward to the Z2.8 update, it's going to really make me want to get back to using it again (I just hate the way it looks so don't tend to be inspired to use it much any more).

As for the P5 - I was never hugely into the Prophet 5's character so much, but I *love* u-he's approach to the emulation - sounds authentic, looks great but has enough visual cues from the original, has a resizable interface and modern affordances because of it's software nature - without throwing too much new stuff in to remove it too far from the original in character).

It's a vintage polysynth done right, and it would be so good to have other synths like this (not saying they will go in this direction) but a "certain silver-edged orange with multi-coloured buttons Japanese classic polysynth" done like this, and perhaps a Synthex, and some others would be great. "Emulations Done Right" (TM)...

Roland's JP8 sounds pretty good (yay!), but the interface is *awful* in just about every way (boo!)...
Last edited by beely on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mu:zines | music magazine archive
Vintage issues of Sound On Sound, Music Technology, E&MM and more...
XpanderDude
KVRer

15 posts since 7 Oct, 2016

Postby XpanderDude; Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:36 pm Re: SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

Urs wrote:

Totally makes sense. I suppose it's easier to approach it that way. Keep on doing your thing!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments