SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro Zebra

HcDoom wrote:Can we at least expect Z3 this year?
That's a big Maybe there.

I fancy the idea of releasing it during Superbooth 2018, which is a very realistic projection. But that also depends on how deeply I need to be involved with certain updates to our other stuff. If for instance the recent crashes on new Macbook Pros require us to completely rewrite our UI code, you can expect Arturia, us and everyone else affected to be stalled for half a year. In other words, if the world was easy, Zebra3 would have been released years ago. A hell of a lot of time gets burned by useless obstacles.

That said, I'm so looking forward to Zebra3 now, it can't go fast enough for me.

Urs wrote:If for instance the recent crashes on new Macbook Pros require us to completely rewrite our UI code, you can expect Arturia, us and everyone else affected to be stalled for half a year.
Strange. What would cause that problem if it's the hardware? The new video cards that are exclusively in the new mbp?

masterhiggins wrote:
Urs wrote:If for instance the recent crashes on new Macbook Pros require us to completely rewrite our UI code, you can expect Arturia, us and everyone else affected to be stalled for half a year.
Strange. What would cause that problem if it's the hardware? The new video cards that are exclusively in the new mbp?
Who said it's hardware. More likely it is software side.

Urs wrote:
michaelbrac wrote:@Urs
Is there date for the Beta?
Can't say yet. We'll have a developer meeting tomorrow in which we'll see if there are few open issues, tens or hundreds. My guess is somewhere in the twenties, so a month or two, if all goes well.
When released, will the Beta be announced via your email newsletter?

kmonkey wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:
Well he indicated the MacBook Pro itself as opposed to the OS. The same OS/software is loaded to new or old MacBook pros. Perhaps firmware?

masterhiggins wrote:
kmonkey wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:
Well he indicated the MacBook Pro itself as opposed to the OS. The same OS/software is loaded to new or old MacBook pros. Perhaps firmware?
The Touch Bar MBPs initially had a lot of crashes, mainly from plug-ins. Apple updated something, but users tell us some crashes remain, and we're in that group. Seems to be a software issue, maybe a driver or something.

We bought a new MBP last week but haven't set it up due to Superbooth, and one adapter is missing.

atukao wrote:When released, will the Beta be announced via your email newsletter?
Yes, certainly! The beta phase will also - as so often - include a pre-order/intro discount. However, this time there won't be a limited time free beta serial number since it's not an entirely new product.

Urs wrote:
shroom81 wrote:That Zebra update is looking like a must have, damn it and I thought I was done with buying more synth's :D
tongue in cheek: Owning Zebra really helps being "done with buying more synths" :clown:
Hehe I see :)

It's the only thing on my buy list at the moment in software land :party: :tu:
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Urs , how many mod slots are in Repro-5 ?

brick wrote:Urs , how many mod slots are in Repro-5 ?
We start with two.

However, we've circuit-modded the envelopes to take velocity directly.

When you say we start with two , does that mean you're adding more ? :)

Or will there be a modulation system similar to Diva's ?

2 mod slots for a polyphonic synth seems a little light on possibilities....

brick wrote:When you say we start with two , does that mean you're adding more ? :)

Or will there be a modulation system similar to Diva's ?

2 mod slots for a polyphonic synth seems a little light on possibilities....
Well, there's the global and voice mod sections, plus the two ModMatrices, plus direct filter modulations (env + key), plus 2 x Velocity -> Envelope... it's not too bad considering that the vintage hardware had way less.

I think if we do too much, we compromise the character of the emulation.

Addendum: We first want to see what bandwidth we get from the sound design stage before we make any decisions on additional modulation options.

Understood . Very interested to hear what she can do .

Urs wrote: However, we've circuit-modded the envelopes to take velocity directly.
Awesome. Smart move. I saw the 2 modulation slots and was about to chime in with "since one of them, for me, will ALWAYS have velocity in it, that leaves me with one...." but then I saw this, problem solved.

Return to “Instruments”