FabFilter Twin 2 competitors?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

skiltrip wrote:...I'm amazed at going through these presets how they have managed to create convincing piano, xylophones, etc, with the included Oscillators. Maybe it's more a testament to the sound programming department rather than the core capabilities of Twin 2, but this thing is awesome. Can other subtractive synths achieve exactly the same kind of results?
I agree with you wholeheartedly. The guys who designed the presets for Twin 2 are amazing. I can't believe what they were able to get out of it. On top of that, I have almost every synth known to man, and I can tell you that there is nothing else that sounds quite like Twin 2. It's truly in it's own class.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:
skiltrip wrote:...I'm amazed at going through these presets how they have managed to create convincing piano, xylophones, etc, with the included Oscillators. Maybe it's more a testament to the sound programming department rather than the core capabilities of Twin 2, but this thing is awesome. Can other subtractive synths achieve exactly the same kind of results?
I agree with you wholeheartedly. The guys who designed the presets for Twin 2 are amazing. I can't believe what they were able to get out of it. On top of that, I have almost every synth known to man, and I can tell you that there is nothing else that sounds quite like Twin 2. It's truly in it's own class.
Thanks for the input and sharing your experience with Twin 2. The more I play with it, the more I'm convinced it's for me. The interface has taught me a lot already about subtractive synths and sound creation. Calling up a preset and then playing detective, figuring out what does what is really enlightening, and fun. Sounds awesome too. I like that I can easily whip up some really mellow tones with the Sine, and dirty them up a bit with the other shapes without making the end result aggressive.

Like I said, I am not a synth guy, but Twin 2 is making me want to be, and I think that says a lot about the product. I think I'll definitely end up buying. Just gonna milk the demo period a bit before I do it.
Macs M1/M2 / Bitwig 4 / Studio One 6

Cool. You won't regret the purchase.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Don't forget about Fabfilter One as well. I got the CM version for free with CM magazine. It was years ago... Only has 1 oscillator but you can layer several instances in your DAW. Might be worth checking out since you are looking for something with less features.
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote:Don't forget about Fabfilter One as well. I got the CM version for free with CM magazine. It was years ago... Only has 1 oscillator but you can layer several instances in your DAW. Might be worth checking out since you are looking for something with less features.
Actually, the more I'm playing around with Twin 2, and making myself get my hands dirty in the Mod section, the more I'm liking it. It's a great feeling beginning to get your head around something that at first glance was something you felt was beyond your capabilities or interest. I'm just pulling up presets and going through each modulation element and seeing what it does. Lots of fun to be had in this soft-synth.

Despite what all the nay sayers might give you for Twin2, you might've figured out that it's pretty special. It's got a mod routing system that's more flexible than all but full modular synths, and even those can't do as much since they're copying hardware with purposely limited ins and outs. "The sound" is nothing to write home about until you start using that flexibility.

The only problem is that it's really easy to make a mess you'll hate cleaning up. Modulation sources don't make it easy to see what's doing what, and you'll prolly lose track after your 6th XLFO with 3 or more destinations. It's kinda sad, I mean it has all this flexibility but the UI's been designed to make you regret making full use of it.

In spite of that, it's easy to love. Personally, I bought all of fab's stuff and never regretted it. Even One, since it's nice to break out a simple synth that doesn't make ya feel like you're wasting its potential when not modulating ALL THE THINGS.

AAS UltraAnalog va-2.
Distinctive as well.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Finally bought Twin 2. There was no shaking the fact that I just dig it, plain and simple.

skiltrip wrote:Finally bought Twin 2. There was no shaking the fact that I just dig it, plain and simple.
...and that's a great reason to buy it. Enjoy!

Twin 2 is really worth it indeed.

for cheap you can grab wusik 8000 (modular polyphonic) and wusik station (workstation) under 60$
P.S. i grabed both of them for free during the facebook give away

for the overkill
Mpowersynth it would be the best purchase i have ever made rather than serum (if you are into some serious sound design)
P.S. wait for the 50% off sale they have weekly sale you can get it for 100 €
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Return to “Instruments”