Stacking several softsynths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What are you guys using for stacking several synths (for example, to combine several different bass presets from 3 plugins) - Is there anything like Rob Papen's Prisma but for other synths?

Live or Bitwig... but have instrument racks which make layering any synths easy...

Simple in most DAW's I would guess. In FL Studio you load up all the synth plugs you want to stack and set them all to the same midi channel.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Studio One does this fairly easily, not sure if that is an unusual thing or not...

Yea isn't that a vanilla thing for most daws? Load a buncha synths, play tutti...

Does Prisma do anything special with that hosting capability? If it lets you route a buncha cv shit every which way, that'd be pretty kickin.

You could try Plug and Mix Chainer:

http://www.plugandmix.com/products/p1888-Chainer/

But I am currently working with FL Studio's Patcher plugin for layering synths. I still need to figure out the Mid Routing for using controllers and how the assignments work in relation to FL.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

P&M makes one of those too? How well does it host plugs that aren't theirs?

I use a big monitor. If I really need to stack more, I turn it sideways.

With Ableton Instrument Rack this problem is non-existent. Because it's native solution - if I had to use some external plugin to hold instruments, it would be much more cumbersome.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

I do that often. In Logic f.e. you have stacked tracks where you can play 1,2...10-20 or whatever you like synths at the same time and hide them in one track (like you put things into a folder).
You can have 100´s of tracks using each it´s own instruments, FX and midi FX channel etc. save them all into a stacked track as single performence triggered via one midi channel (you also can split them if you like).
You even can put then additonal FX into the stacked track then.
I love that. This way you can simply load a monster stacked sound or things like 20 arps played as one huge polyrythmic instrument without having to look at 20 different tracks in your sequencer.
I also can do things like open the tracks with a click, sustain some of the instruments and play melodies with some others and so on.
But i´m sure every major DAW can do such things these days?

Any DAW and my ears.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I use Mercury.
Multi timbral so I can stack up to 4 sounds in one vst and on one channel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:tu: All is good

Just send the MIDI from one synth to the others. You can do that in most hosts, without the need of anything extra.

DrewDale wrote:I use Mercury.
Multi timbral so I can stack up to 4 sounds in one vst and on one channel.
This synth was a gem at its time (between 2001 and 2004).
:tu:
It's too bad that I sold mine...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”