Alchemy (windows) - using a pirated version for commercial tracks?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

starflakeprj wrote:
devilnishy wrote:Follow the link for instructions of how to download a free and legal emulator, which will allow you to download Garageband and hence Alchemy for Free Legally on a PC.

http://garagebandpc.org/

This will give you access to the Alchemy sounds without being locked up. A workaround made with bits of old string I'll grant you but a workaround none the less.
And how would this be legal again?
Garageband is totally free on any platform it now exists.

It would be WRONG, end of story. Lock the thread.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

aMUSEd wrote:
chk071 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Borderline? He's essentially just trying to find out if he will get punished, clearly there is no actual ethical impediment.
TBH, someone over 16 should know that you won't get immediately arrested for pirating a software. And, as murnau pointed out, how would people know that you used a pirated software in your tracks anyway? It's not like there's a watermark screaming "I GOT PIRATED!!" in there somewhere. Anyway, i'll rest my case. It still wasn't very smart.
I agree, but it's not really the point. Most people here don't use cracks not due to fear of punishment but because it's just a shitty and selfish thing to do. You would think someone who has been a member for so long would know that and respect the feeling of the community.
True, i totally agree. Actually, i wasn't even sure if it not an attempt of trolling in the first place. It probably is.

Teksonik wrote:It would be WRONG, end of story. Lock the thread.
Teksonik wanting so hard to be mod, he can almost taste it :hihi:

devilnishy wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:
devilnishy wrote:Follow the link for instructions of how to download a free and legal emulator, which will allow you to download Garageband and hence Alchemy for Free Legally on a PC.

http://garagebandpc.org/

This will give you access to the Alchemy sounds without being locked up. A workaround made with bits of old string I'll grant you but a workaround none the less.
And how would this be legal again?
Garageband is totally free on any platform it now exists.
That is hardly correct.

I. Other Use Restrictions. The grants set forth in this License do not permit you to, and you agree not to,
install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so.

And this is from the "APPLE INC. GARAGEBAND SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT"
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I see there's a few already going full retard just at the sight of the word "crack".

They don't sell it anymore, they don't support it, what do they stand to lose if someone makes music with it? Like it or not, pirating a dead product just isn't simply wrong, neither simply right, but certainly something that can and probably should be discussed. Perhaps dead products still have value to some people. Perhaps they could be sold for reduced price, no updates, no support, use it to create good type of thing.

Numanoid wrote:
Teksonik wrote:It would be WRONG, end of story. Lock the thread.
Teksonik wanting so hard to be mod, he can almost taste it :hihi:
Shut up dumbass. I just beat you to it..... :lol:

Oh and no I don't want to be a Mod. After I got through banning everybody who annoys me, KVR would be a very lonely place... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

But seriously I have Zero Tolerance for Pirates. I worked hard to earn the money I used to buy Alchemy and this dirt bag wants to know if it's OK for him to use it for free ? :roll:

Return to “Instruments”