Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
deastman
KVRAF

6164 posts since 6 Aug, 2003, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby deastman; Sat May 13, 2017 6:21 pm Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

I prefer synths that sound delicate, pretty, and nuanced.

And then run them through my shiny new Elektron Analog Heat! :tu:
Incomplete list of my gear: 110V AC to 12V DC 1.5A power supply (+ tip)
Architeuthis
KVRAF

2705 posts since 27 Jan, 2006, from Phoenix, AZ

Postby Architeuthis; Sat May 13, 2017 8:46 pm Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

V0RT3X, you inspired me to create this video featuring Spiral Generator: https://t.co/MVu0jTKAZ9

You know what, I am an angry developer.
V0RT3X
KVRAF

6400 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Sat May 13, 2017 8:52 pm Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

Architeuthis wrote:V0RT3X, you inspired me to create this video featuring Spiral Generator: https://t.co/MVu0jTKAZ9

You know what, I am an angry developer.

That thing can make some crazy ass sounds! Fckin love it!

I'm thinking that would be awesome for creating sampled and resampled mayhem alike.

Reply 014

wagtunes wrote:Two contenders.

Mr. Alias Pro
Cyclop (far distant 2nd)

Cyclop is definitely another nasty one. I gave that a demo ages ago, never got along with it really but it did do digital nastiness really well. I'm not a sugar bytes fan though..

Armagibbon wrote:Waverazor gets pretty f*cked up pretty quick.

Waverazor is definitely on my (demo) list.

sbj wrote:This one: http://www.humanoidsoundsystems.com/enzyme-vst-plugin-au-plugin-synth/

Just press the random button :o :lol:

I liked this, but found it a real pain in the ass to program. Definitely a good suggestion though.

chaosWyrM wrote:i dont know if synths get much angrier than vurtbox:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyQPsJdyL4g

Looks like its worth trying. Cheers

sin night wrote:Not a synth but an effect: Kombinat DVA. I think that's a good fit for your request. :P

On a serious note: if it wasn't for the recent situation of Audio Damage software (the website switch, you know...), I'd actually recommend Kombinat DVA for the task.
Ohmicide can be an alternative... but I think any distortion plugin featuring some "digital" modes should be good for the task (I'm not much into this kind of things, so I don't know which are the most recent distortion plugins).

Sounds like a good FX to use alongside Ohmicide :tu:

EvilDragon wrote:OLGA can get pretty angry with her multiple points at which the signal can get totally overdriven...

I'll give it a demo! Thanks

Rommelaar wrote::shock: Rob Papens Predator looks to me like an angry synth (what's in a name). Rob Papens Raw is a pretty angry beast as well.

I'm not a very big fan of Rob Papen synthesizers. I heard the demos for RAW and thought it sounded ok, but nothing super crazy. Might have to give it a demo again though.

Winstontaneous wrote:
V0RT3X wrote::x I need a synth that's so full of f**king anger and filth!!

It has to tear your goddamn face off with it's aggression! It needs to sound like rage!

If the developer has anger managment problems, even better!!! .. because you know it will make it's way into the development.

Recommendations ? :hyper:

Poly-Ana developer got banned here for his anger management issues, AND he's Canadian! </thread>

:lol:

Another one to re-demo. I checked it out a long time ago, but wasn't that impressed.
dune_rave
KVRian

930 posts since 22 Jun, 2006, from Hungary

Postby dune_rave; Sat May 13, 2017 9:56 pm Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

RP RAW is $@)%*#&%%# angry
http://www.youtube.com/user/softsynthportal?hl=en
Plugin preference: U-he, Rob Papen, KV331, Lennardigital, GForce, NI
DAW preference: Reaper, FL Studio
Vertion
KVRist

173 posts since 29 Oct, 2016

Postby Vertion; Sat May 13, 2017 11:48 pm Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

There is only one solution.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/therap ... _la_mancha

Get therapy, it can really help you with what you are looking for.
Chemik
KVRist

136 posts since 18 Mar, 2003, from Jacksonville, FL

Postby Chemik; Sun May 14, 2017 3:35 am Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

Cyclop is a horrific POS.

I use it all the time.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.

Los Nugget - Zombie - Just released rap/electropop project on bandcamp

Twitter @PoolWaiter
e@rs
KVRAF

2782 posts since 15 Dec, 2011, from Bucharest, Romania

Postby e@rs; Tue May 16, 2017 8:14 am Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

Razor.
sjm
KVRian

900 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Tue May 16, 2017 8:49 am Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

Tobybear's SickSynth sounds pretty f**ked up pretty quickly. No idea if it's still available; the version I have is beta 0.75, probably from 2001-ish...

This is what Toby had to say about it:
tobybear wrote:So, did you ever want a VST synth that:
- uses incredibly much CPU power (~90%)
- has many parameters, but no GUI, just this incredible stupid standard format
- is definitely not stable
- sound really really silly, sick and bad (and NOT in the positive sense!)
- has no documentation
- behaves really weird, to put it mildly
acYm
KVRist

357 posts since 11 Sep, 2015

Postby acYm; Wed May 17, 2017 11:52 am Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

some may see me coming with this but,

Massive's feedback path > Everyone else's feedback path.
brainzistor
KVRist

222 posts since 9 Jun, 2015

Postby brainzistor; Wed May 17, 2017 3:42 pm Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

I'm not familiar that much with other FM synths besides Sytrus, but FM synths can produce the most unhealthy sounds and one of the most important things that it's not a rocket science. Sytrus>OP1 (operator one), drag sliders randomly up and down to form a waveform, do the the same thing with OP2, in modulation matrix apply OP2 to OP1, take really deep notes for bass, jerk OP2's volume knob (actually automate it, you can't automate knob which is in modulation matrix but you can its volume knob) and you get...
entire dub step and aggressive dnb scene.
I mean, that's the workflow in a nutshell. It can squeak, it can growl in like 20 seconds.
Because FM synths have a clinically clean sound, they are just perfect for that kind of shit because their squeaking and growling is clinically "clean" too.

Other than this, just download any guitar amp sim VST, slap it on whatever synth you want and you'll get a sonic mayhem.
Or, even better, take all that stuff, sample it and resynthesize it in Harmor....
risome
KVRAF

1912 posts since 30 Oct, 2006, from Australia, NSW

Postby risome; Wed May 17, 2017 4:02 pm Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

Buy some boutique distortion pedals(there are lots btw) and run your soft synths through them via sends and returns(inputs and outputs) on your soundcard.
That way you can be your own unique angry
:-)
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for ACE,PREDATOR,SYNPLANT,SUB BOOM BASS,PUNCH
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and Ableton LIVE Packs
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i
foosnark
KVRAF

3756 posts since 9 Jan, 2003, from Saint Louis MO

Postby foosnark; Wed May 17, 2017 6:34 pm Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

brainzistor wrote:I'm not familiar that much with other FM synths besides Sytrus, but FM synths can produce the most unhealthy sounds and one of the most important things that it's not a rocket science

It's rocket science, but you're blowing up the rocket :lol:
sacer
KVRist

327 posts since 8 Jan, 2012, from frankfurt, Germany

Postby sacer; Thu May 18, 2017 3:30 am Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

fxpansion dcam synthsquad with strobe1 and cypher
Mister Natural
KVRAF

1934 posts since 28 Oct, 2007, from michigan

Postby Mister Natural; Thu May 18, 2017 9:33 am Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

really ? no one's mentioned Z3ta+2 yet . . .
"the digital photo of that guitar just doesn't have the same warmth as an analog photo for me"
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks
574X
KVRist

104 posts since 25 Aug, 2016

Postby 574X; Thu May 18, 2017 10:30 am Re: The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

Ohm Force synths. Check out Symptohm PE. The skin with the drawn artwork is great.

"de la Mancha" synths like Dirty Harry and FMMF. Dirty Harry is savage. There's no getting around it. FMMF can get wild.

TranceDrive gets gnarly fast with rough oscillators, fm, aliasing, with simultaneous overdrive, bitcrushing, distortion, and clipping.

(Or you can just run anything through an amp/cab sim like xoxos Pink, my fav plugin of his.
The Mercuriall free amps and cabs feel very authentic (I play that actual gear) but it's all mono (like the actual gear) so you have to put the rack on each channel or just use stereo effects after the cab.
The Aradaz amps are great mono ones, the shattered glass audio stuff sounds awesome (those emulations can get crazy cpu intensive), and there's always the stereo Audio Assault stuff IIRC like Defacer and Head Crusher.

Flagship digital synths should have amp/cab sims built in by now, if they have any distortion modules at all IMO)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments