Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
zerofox97
KVRist

59 posts since 17 Sep, 2013, from UK

Postby zerofox97; Wed May 10, 2017 11:09 am Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

The Aliasing has allowed me to do some interesting things with sounds that with any other FM synth are near impossible... Like PWM!
It's very tasty, I swear!
doctorbob
KVRian

705 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Postby doctorbob; Wed May 10, 2017 11:40 am Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

zerofox97 wrote:The Aliasing has allowed me to do some interesting things with sounds that with any other FM synth are near impossible... Like PWM!

Looking forward to hearing the results :tu:
dB
generaldiomedes
KVRer

14 posts since 14 Apr, 2017

Postby generaldiomedes; Wed May 10, 2017 12:51 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

doctorbob wrote:
generaldiomedes wrote: ... The aliasing is maddening ...
Yes it is! but, I found that when I layer up some guitar like patches, you get that nice screeching/beating sound now and then like when two guitarists are ever so slightly out of tune - sounds great - when it happens is not totally under control, but then ... guitarists pah :dog: :hihi: ...

dB

I think some great fuzz that can be generated with this synth, I guess the 'maddening' part was more what was showing up during the release phase. Not a criticism!
doctorbob
KVRian

Postby doctorbob; Thu May 11, 2017 4:31 am Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

generaldiomedes wrote:I think some great fuzz that can be generated with this synth, I guess the 'maddening' part was more what was showing up during the release phase. Not a criticism!

But it's OK. I've heard worse from the stage on live gigs back in the 60's and 70's! So, using this fact (and other EQ tricks) to "reproduce" that old crappy equipment feel!

dB
Darksynth FX
KVRist

80 posts since 14 May, 2016, from Vienna

Postby Darksynth FX; Thu May 11, 2017 8:00 am Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

My submission for this month:

https://soundcloud.com/darksynth-fx/darksynth-fx-morning-dew

I was heavily inspired by a great retro style game called "Stardew Valley". The soundtrack is lovely and this months synth fitted perfectly for creating this kind of music! I really recommend this game, it's very relaxing and addictive! You have your own little farm in a cute little town and it features farming, raising animals, crafting, collecting things, fishing and so much more. I can't recommend it enough!

DAW: Ableton Live 9 Suite

7x vst2413s
2x vst2413r
13x Ableton EQ8
1x Ableton Compressor
1x Ableton Glue Compressor
1x Xfer OTT
1x Voxengo Stereo Touch
1x Ableton Saturator
1x Ableton Multiband Compressor
1x Ableton Limiter
1x Tal Reverb 2 (Return)
1x Ableton Delay (Return)
Last edited by Darksynth FX on Fri May 12, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Female dark synth producer.
https://soundcloud.com/darksynth-fx
nickamandote
KVRist

366 posts since 24 Nov, 2012

Postby nickamandote; Thu May 11, 2017 8:56 am Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

My preliminary submission for the KVR One Synth Challenge 99: vst2413 - will update final link before deadline

https://soundcloud.com/nickamandote/nic ... reliminary

DAW: FL Studio 12

12x vst2413

FX:
TDR VOS Slick EQ
TDR Kotelnikov
W1 Limiter

DR10
zerofox97
KVRist

59 posts since 17 Sep, 2013, from UK

Postby zerofox97; Thu May 11, 2017 11:15 am Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

For those wondering how PWM sounds in this plugin;
https://soundcloud.com/zerothefox/futur ... pt/s-07K6z

What you do is make a sawtooth wave, then turn the velocity of every note all the way down. about 2% or something. you'll have to use external plugins to hear it at this point. to actually move the pulse width, you need to automate the TL parameter, but not too much of course.
It's very tasty, I swear!
doctorbob
KVRian

Postby doctorbob; Thu May 11, 2017 1:30 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

rghvdberg wrote:
Taron wrote:REAL TUNES?! :shock: ...that will never happen! :uhuhuh:

I was kindly asked in the Ardour irc channel not to use Ardour for real music projects :D
anyway, osc is not about music , it's about stress-testing cpu,dsp,daw and plugins

... and writing a bit of jazz for some friends eh? Had a listen yet to my any one synth submission, Rob???
dB
doctorbob
KVRian

Postby doctorbob; Fri May 12, 2017 9:27 am Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

Here's my initial entry with the really grungy sounds. They are what I wanted to do after playing around with the sounds from this beasty!

Broken bass speakers (so the bottom end is just garbage), horns which the players can't tune, really bad keyboard amp, guitar player is perhaps the only one who gets away with it this time round (and only just) :hihi: And you know what, they think they are great! :dog:

My Reaper installation just crashed with any VST2413 (32 and 64 bit ones, original and Taron specials!). So, I prepared the MIDI files and then rewired FLStudio passing the MIDI from Reaper and getting the audio back from FLS into Reaper. This was such a PITA to setup and make work consistently, I gave up and imported the MIDI into FLS standalone, rendered WHOLE tracks with VST2413, and then imported them into Reaper for mixing. Any changes I needed to make to the soundsets meant going back to FLS, tweaking the VST2413 instance, and re-exporting, and then back to Reaper.

BJ said the rewire route was OK, but I now hope the above is also OK. In essence I am only using FLS as a VST host and MIDI player (no FLS FX used at all). If it's deemed not OK in the spirit of the OSC, I can of course withdraw the track.

Track Details
13 * VST2413
13 * ReaEQ
2 * TAL Reverb 4
3 * TAL Reverb II
3 * TDR Feedback Compressor II
3 * Classic Master Limiter
3 * LFX- 1310
1 * Pecheneg Tremolo
1 * JS Bass Manager/Booster

Master
SlickEQ
Ferric TDS
Limiter No.6

DR:11

Please enjoy the "retro sound" and the blues, of course!

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/doctorbob-db-blues
rghvdberg
KVRian

576 posts since 11 Mar, 2014, from Netherlands

Postby rghvdberg; Sat May 13, 2017 6:01 am Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

Impressive DoctorBob ...

I could just imagine myself being there jammin' with the ol' boys ..
You can' almost smell the beer and cigs ;-)
urlwolf
KVRian

521 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Postby urlwolf; Sat May 13, 2017 7:17 am Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

Wow. DB is killing it even with a very limited synth. Incredibly talented.
asi4
KVRist

36 posts since 22 Mar, 2016

Postby asi4; Sat May 13, 2017 9:03 am Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

Very interesting synth. It produces tons of aliasing, interface so minimalistic, but this synth is really inspires me!

I usually don't post a track until the end of the month. But this time I will no longer be able to work more on the track, so I had to hurry to finish it. Have fun!!!

https://soundcloud.com/andrew-sinitsin/asi4-trilogy

DAW: Reaper 5

VST2413S 12 instances
VST2413R 1 instance

DAW native FX:
ReaEQ
ReaDelay
ReaComp

3rd party plug-ins:
D16 Frontier
Tritik Krush
TAL Reverb 4
Klanghelm MJUCjr
Klanghelm DC1A2
U-he Protoverb
vladg/sound Limiter-6
doctorbob
KVRian

Postby doctorbob; Sat May 13, 2017 10:52 am Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

rghvdberg wrote:Impressive DoctorBob ...

I could just imagine myself being there jammin' with the ol' boys ..
You can' almost smell the beer and cigs ;-)

Thanks Rob - definitely was able to create the atmosphere! Even though I had to be very creative in the way I got the sounds out of FLS and into my fav DAW for mixing.

Hope you liked the prev jazz track as much - very "clean" sound with Synth1 of course!

dB
doctorbob
KVRian

Postby doctorbob; Sat May 13, 2017 10:54 am Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

urlwolf wrote:Wow. DB is killing it even with a very limited synth. Incredibly talented.

Thanks so much - :tu: :hug: It was fun but hard to get it right, even though in essence most of the track really is pretty standard stuff. Even the bassline is probably the first one we all learn to do eh? :hihi:

Cheers

dB
Carl_saved
KVRist

54 posts since 17 May, 2013

Postby Carl_saved; Sun May 14, 2017 7:11 am Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

Has anyone got an idea what the "DM" parameter does? :?:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments