Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Radio : Air. Play.

Use Radio as a plugin within your DAW when you are feeling creative. Radio records the last 30 seconds of any streamed material. Once you hear something you like, select it, save it and drag it into your DAW. Finding new samples to inspire your music has never been done like this before!

The onboard FX section lends Radio the authentic air of real consumer equipment, with 24 processors to make your feed sound like it's coming through a genuine tube radio speaker, car stereo, phone or another device.

Radio stations focus on diversity, which will keep you coming back for new inspirational material.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
LeVzi
KVRAF

1769 posts since 7 Jul, 2008, from Cardiff, Wales, UK

Postby LeVzi; Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:24 am Re: Synths you regret buying

jethrobull wrote:
LeVzi wrote:Another would have been Adventus if I actually had bought it, because it was , it still IS an amazing sounding vst, but the tradegy of it is awful, losing the code.

Id regret having something like that, only to learn that it can never be updated, I don't even know if it still works in modern DAW's.

I always wanted it. It sounded unreal.

Its actually still for sale on softplugs site ! lol

I bought it,sounded ok but sold it on. The one synth I do regret buying though (mainly because the complete lack of support) is Dancida from Cubic Audio. You can still get it for $10.99 but I think I paid about £29 6 years ago. :cry:

Ironically, I just downloaded the demo of Adventus, and It bridged OK into Cubase, and I tried some of the presets. It still sounds incredible tbh, even this many years on. Really fat sounding little synth that. Shame it can't be reverse engineered and updated. It would hold up against some bigger named plugs these days I reckon.
Forward ever, Backward never
jethrobull
KVRian

1292 posts since 5 Jun, 2011, from England,UK

Postby jethrobull; Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:43 am Re: Synths you regret buying

LeVzi wrote:
jethrobull wrote:
LeVzi wrote:Another would have been Adventus if I actually had bought it, because it was , it still IS an amazing sounding vst, but the tradegy of it is awful, losing the code.

Id regret having something like that, only to learn that it can never be updated, I don't even know if it still works in modern DAW's.

I always wanted it. It sounded unreal.

Its actually still for sale on softplugs site ! lol

I bought it,sounded ok but sold it on. The one synth I do regret buying though (mainly because the complete lack of support) is Dancida from Cubic Audio. You can still get it for $10.99 but I think I paid about £29 6 years ago. :cry:

Ironically, I just downloaded the demo of Adventus, and It bridged OK into Cubase, and I tried some of the presets. It still sounds incredible tbh, even this many years on. Really fat sounding little synth that. Shame it can't be reverse engineered and updated. It would hold up against some bigger named plugs these days I reckon.

I do remember it sounded nice at the time, especially for the money. I was going through an O.C.D 64bit plugin phase when I sold it :roll:
All the audience cares about is being fed a stream of songs that they know and can sing along to.
myfeebleeffort
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/
xenophobic
KVRist

85 posts since 20 Mar, 2012

Postby xenophobic; Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:38 pm Re: Synths you regret buying

Korg Legacy collection
synthmaster

I used to use kvr to find synths that use serial/none ,but now the search feature is listing synths with copy protection that i end up having to google their copy protection for the potential synth/effect i want to purchase .

anything that has challenge response,ilok,dongle or what ever paranoid/annoying scheme which mind you always gets hacked the only way to stop this is to build the synths into some kind of universal hardware that you are adding engines to why because the kids would have to go into a store and actually buy something to make music with ,if all the developers got together like they did for the universal midi thing they could corner the market.

i am willing to pay more for a version with serial than the other options .
realmarco
Waaaaahhh

2225 posts since 29 Jul, 2001, from montreal, quebec,canada

Postby realmarco; Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:52 pm Re: Synths you regret buying

i agree with the guy(dont remember who)

the Korg wavestation is weird to save presets...even harder to program its wave-sequencing

fortunatly Synthmaster does Vector

However right now its buggy for me interms of saving presets with the internal preset browser. i have to use Logic' to save my presets properly

Arturia's prophet does vector too but its not easy if u haven't read the manual..which shouldn't happen
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!
BrokenTrance
KVRist

246 posts since 24 Nov, 2010

Postby BrokenTrance; Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:32 am Re: Synths you regret buying

Sonivox Premier Collection Upgrade.
braj
KVRAF

9097 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:26 am Re: Synths you regret buying

Poly Ana, it is a good synth, but a bear to deal with because of the GUI, and I can't sell it.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
zenophilix
KVRian

622 posts since 21 Apr, 2016

Postby zenophilix; Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:33 am Re: Synths you regret buying

chk071 wrote:Uh well, here comes: Korg Legacy MS-20 (even two times, bleeeeh), Rapture (ok, was dirt cheap on a sale, catches virtual dust now), Dune 2 (really, shoot me, doesn't do ANYTHING for me), Audjoo Helix (sound is ok, but, i dislike the GUI, and it also seems a bit dated by now, sound and operating wise). That's about it, i guess. Anything else was a well considered buying decision, so, no surprises there, really. :)

Here I've been lusting after Dune 2 for the last 2 years. :hihi: As far as synths I regret though, embarassingly enough I had a period last year where I regretted buying Synthmaster. After diving back into learning synthesis, messing with the new updates, that all went away pretty quickly. Still, kinda sucks that I gave into the hyperbole surrounding other synths like Serum, which I've since purchased and found to compliment Synthmaster quite nicely.

(Sorry Mr. B. I had a moment of weakness at the time. :dog: )
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

5930 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:36 am Re: Synths you regret buying

Falcon. Can't use it because ilok won't work at all for me.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
Mattt12345
KVRist

73 posts since 2 Feb, 2018

Postby Mattt12345; Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:02 pm Re: Synths you regret buying

Kilohearts ONE. I like the effect plugins of this company but ONE should have sizeable components too.
wagtunes
KVRAF

11059 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:07 pm Re: Synths you regret buying

I know I've been in this thread before and pretty sure I listed Cycle (sold my license) but I now want to add Hexeract to the list.
V0RT3X
KVRAF

6941 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:14 pm Re: Synths you regret buying

Nothing to to report now because I’ve been very careful about what I buy.

I’ve been thinking about doing a detailed chart comparing the differences in all the plugins I own at some point.
Halonmusic
KVRian

1067 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:36 pm Re: Synths you regret buying

I think I have mentioned it before but the synth i regret buying is Sunrizer. Its just too buggy. Hanging notes and the arp play back random notes.
- 32bit for Life, 32bit Forever -
karrikuh
KVRist

285 posts since 6 Apr, 2008

Postby karrikuh; Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:44 pm Re: Synths you regret buying

VPS Avenger. Mostly due to GUI (too small, blurry fonts; bad overall design e.g. some parts like mod matrix that carry lots of information are squeezed in a tiny fraction of the total UI screen estate). Also, some annoying oversights in the design at various places that are not immediately obvious like distortion FX missing a proper input gain control or d.c. blocker in the distortion FX acting overly aggressive causing serious loss of bass frequencies.
Ah_Dziz
KVRAF

2154 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Postby Ah_Dziz; Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:03 pm Re: Synths you regret buying

I'd probably be fine if I had never bought the Arturia collection and Omnisphere. Aside from that there's not much that I feel was a waste. Also I've used both of those to make some money and stuff so it's not like I feel awful about getting them. I mostly bought omnisphere for access to some of the old sample libraries in there (which are still sold for crazy high prices so Omni was not much more) and it's not very fun to program so as a person who likes to program their sounds rather than looking through thousands of presets it seems a bit like I overpaid. Then the Arturia stuff...... it's got a pile of weird issues from some of the synths being almost indistinguishable in their overall sound to the terrible interfaces which put waaaaaay too much into being similar to what they're emulating and not nearly enough into useability on a computer screen. It was a very good sale price and the few times I've used the cs80, 2600, Moog Modular, and The Jupiter, I got perfectly okay results, but I doubt I'd notice if they disappeared off of my system and nobody told me.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.
dandezebra
KVRian

520 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:12 pm Re: Synths you regret buying

I always loved Rapture back in the day so I finally saved some mula and got Rapture Pro for a heavily discounted upgrade price. Then Cakewalk bit the dust like two weeks later and after playing around with Rapture Pro, I actually like the original a lot more. Dang.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments