Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Synths you regret buying

LeVzi
KVRAF

1696 posts since 7 Jul, 2008, from Cardiff, Wales, UK

Postby LeVzi; Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:24 am Re: Synths you regret buying

jethrobull wrote:
LeVzi wrote:Another would have been Adventus if I actually had bought it, because it was , it still IS an amazing sounding vst, but the tradegy of it is awful, losing the code.

Id regret having something like that, only to learn that it can never be updated, I don't even know if it still works in modern DAW's.

I always wanted it. It sounded unreal.

Its actually still for sale on softplugs site ! lol

I bought it,sounded ok but sold it on. The one synth I do regret buying though (mainly because the complete lack of support) is Dancida from Cubic Audio. You can still get it for $10.99 but I think I paid about £29 6 years ago. :cry:

Ironically, I just downloaded the demo of Adventus, and It bridged OK into Cubase, and I tried some of the presets. It still sounds incredible tbh, even this many years on. Really fat sounding little synth that. Shame it can't be reverse engineered and updated. It would hold up against some bigger named plugs these days I reckon.
Forward ever, Backward never
jethrobull
KVRian

1290 posts since 5 Jun, 2011, from England,UK

Postby jethrobull; Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:43 am Re: Synths you regret buying

LeVzi wrote:
jethrobull wrote:
LeVzi wrote:Another would have been Adventus if I actually had bought it, because it was , it still IS an amazing sounding vst, but the tradegy of it is awful, losing the code.

Id regret having something like that, only to learn that it can never be updated, I don't even know if it still works in modern DAW's.

I always wanted it. It sounded unreal.

Its actually still for sale on softplugs site ! lol

I bought it,sounded ok but sold it on. The one synth I do regret buying though (mainly because the complete lack of support) is Dancida from Cubic Audio. You can still get it for $10.99 but I think I paid about £29 6 years ago. :cry:

Ironically, I just downloaded the demo of Adventus, and It bridged OK into Cubase, and I tried some of the presets. It still sounds incredible tbh, even this many years on. Really fat sounding little synth that. Shame it can't be reverse engineered and updated. It would hold up against some bigger named plugs these days I reckon.

I do remember it sounded nice at the time, especially for the money. I was going through an O.C.D 64bit plugin phase when I sold it :roll:
All the audience cares about is being fed a stream of songs that they know and can sing along to.
myfeebleeffort
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/
xenophobic
KVRist

85 posts since 20 Mar, 2012

Postby xenophobic; Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:38 pm Re: Synths you regret buying

Korg Legacy collection
synthmaster

I used to use kvr to find synths that use serial/none ,but now the search feature is listing synths with copy protection that i end up having to google their copy protection for the potential synth/effect i want to purchase .

anything that has challenge response,ilok,dongle or what ever paranoid/annoying scheme which mind you always gets hacked the only way to stop this is to build the synths into some kind of universal hardware that you are adding engines to why because the kids would have to go into a store and actually buy something to make music with ,if all the developers got together like they did for the universal midi thing they could corner the market.

i am willing to pay more for a version with serial than the other options .
realmarco
Waaaaahhh

2175 posts since 29 Jul, 2001, from montreal, quebec,canada

Postby realmarco; Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:52 pm Re: Synths you regret buying

i agree with the guy(dont remember who)

the Korg wavestation is weird to save presets...even harder to program its wave-sequencing

fortunatly Synthmaster does Vector

However right now its buggy for me interms of saving presets with the internal preset browser. i have to use Logic' to save my presets properly

Arturia's prophet does vector too but its not easy if u haven't read the manual..which shouldn't happen
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments