Synths you regret buying

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

karrikuh wrote:VPS Avenger. Mostly due to GUI (too small, blurry fonts; bad overall design e.g. some parts like mod matrix that carry lots of information are squeezed in a tiny fraction of the total UI screen estate). Also, some annoying oversights in the design at various places that are not immediately obvious like distortion FX missing a proper input gain control or d.c. blocker in the distortion FX acting overly aggressive causing serious loss of bass frequencies.
Again, someone posting about a synth that I really want. Maybe I should be wanting different things. :hihi:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING SONIVOX

I am telling you they are a rip off company and I have 110% proof. I purchased both the

Playa Hip Hop Virtual Instrument

And

Playa 1.4 - Hip Hop Strings

then not even 6 months later boom they quick supporting it. To be honest I don't even think you can even register it online through their servers any longer.

These are and will be the last time I purchase anything from Sonivox and will stick with my Omnisphere 2 and Refx Nexus 2, they are way, way, way better than anything Sonivox puts out.

Yes I am a disgruntle consumer because I got ripped off big time. Whats so bad is I notice they do this a lot with their software now after I got ripped off.

Warning do not buy from these scammers!!!

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

roboman01 wrote:ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING SONIVOX

I am telling you they are a rip off company and I have 110% proof. I purchased both the

Playa Hip Hop Virtual Instrument

And

Playa 1.4 - Hip Hop Strings

then not even 6 months later boom they quick supporting it. To be honest I don't even think you can even register it online through their servers any longer.

These are and will be the last time I purchase anything from Sonivox and will stick with my Omnisphere 2 and Refx Nexus 2, they are way, way, way better than anything Sonivox puts out.

Yes I am a disgruntle consumer because I got ripped off big time. Whats so bad is I notice they do this a lot with their software now after I got ripped off.

Warning do not buy from these scammers!!!
That seems... odd. I've never had any issues with Sonivox stuff, nor has anyone I know. :neutral:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

I regret buy Heavyocity Gravity. I just think it is WAY overpriced for what it is and I got it half off. Not that great really imo.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Ive only made a bad couple of decisions, just cause Im super picky (& cheap) lol. There are 3 purchases I wish I could do over though.

I wanted so much to like Linplug RMV. That was supposed to be my drum sampler... has everything I need. But the crashes & not remembering kits in saved songs was too frustrating. I wasted so much time trying to get that to work.

That being said... I really shouldnt have bought Komplete 9. I only use Kontakt, which is why I never upgraded. The rest I barely touch, but all the sample libraries come in handy. Battery 4 really never worked on my system correctly which is a bummer. FM8 & Absynth are way over my head & Massive is ok... but I have better options for wavetable synths. Reactor is just too much of a wormhole, so it doesnt really feel "complete".

To add another, The IK Total Studio 2 wasnt bad... I just didnt need all of those sample libraries as I dont use ST2 (or ST3 free) that much anymore. I always bitch about what it cant do. However, Sampletank was the 1st VST I bought, so it holds a special place for me as I know what sounds to reach for all of the time.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

SODDI wrote: However, I would urge anyone considering buying anything from G-Force to choose the NO option.

I own Oddity 2 and it's still an incredible plugin synth. I've made crazy evolving and beautifully resonant and stellar pads with it, I'm in love with Oddity 2.

I have also ImpOSCar2 and Minimonsta and they are awesome too.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

every synth, i should have stay with the synths provided by my DAW

carrieres wrote:every synth, i should have stay with the synths provided by my DAW
Lol what?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Klinke1 wrote:Rapid:

I bought it.. then realized, i missed that the L/R is exchanged-> Then saw in the forum somebody else has the same problem, but the Def could not help.

After 2 weeks or so i wrote an e-mail to support and told my L/R is wrong.. -> He said he cannot help and never heard of that problem..

...And i know the same guy answered to the same problem earlier..
So, what can i say..L/R is still wrong and his lie didn't make me happy..
Um... is this fixed now? Wonder how such a bug can slip past the dev.

Oh well, reading more on the issue, it seems like it's an issue with certain ASIO drivers? Well, that's definitely a strange one. Never heard/read about something similar.

Arturia V Collection:
These sounds never fitted in, they are imo artificial and liveless, they are pretty far away of the sounds they pretend to emulate... SOLD and never missed.

Softube Modular:
User interface and preset handling are not helpful for an intuitive workflow, prices for module to high, competition (NI blocks, VCV racks) to good... SOLD and never missed.

everything unless fabfilter one , serum ,modular,stix and avenger
Last edited by hivkorn on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Drums, rather than a synth, but....Heavyocity DM307A (the version for Ableton). I realised too late I should have bought the Kontakt version instead which contains the same and much more (currently on offer at 50% off but am resisting as it would be crazy to buy both).

Sample Logic's; (ridiculously expensive, and buggy) Cinematic Guitars.. which lead to this classic exchange with the developer (years ago), which further ensured I would never buy another product from them.. ever again.

The upshot now is.. I am really thorough about researching a synth or sample library (and its companies history and reputation) before buying, and I usually only buy stuff at an extreme discount or on a decent sale.

Live and learn.. :?

i regret buying all of them; i should have, instead, stolen every single synth i have...

Return to “Instruments”