Synths you regret buying

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Horizon Flow wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
Horizon Flow wrote:Steinberg's Retrologue. I really like the synth and was my go to synth for a while, before it just stopped being stable and usable. Numerous support requests lead to nothing. The latest ticket I have is already a month old and has no replies from Steinberg. Propably won't buy anything from them anymore :?
Have you tried their own support forum?
But it is also pretty dead if I remember correctly...
I haven't posted there, but I have read of some similar cases and tried everything they tried. Nothing. I think I'll replace it with Repro :)
RePro is the better synth but Retrologue has a low cpu usage compared. Anyway, I had tons of problems with Retrologue and Padshop Pro before I buy the usb dongle, but since I bought the dongle I had zero problems, so I think most of the problems are related to the crap software e-licenser, although some users don't have any problem!

EnGee wrote:
Horizon Flow wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
Horizon Flow wrote:Steinberg's Retrologue. I really like the synth and was my go to synth for a while, before it just stopped being stable and usable. Numerous support requests lead to nothing. The latest ticket I have is already a month old and has no replies from Steinberg. Propably won't buy anything from them anymore :?
Have you tried their own support forum?
But it is also pretty dead if I remember correctly...
I haven't posted there, but I have read of some similar cases and tried everything they tried. Nothing. I think I'll replace it with Repro :)
RePro is the better synth but Retrologue has a low cpu usage compared. Anyway, I had tons of problems with Retrologue and Padshop Pro before I buy the usb dongle, but since I bought the dongle I had zero problems, so I think most of the problems are related to the crap software e-licenser, although some users don't have any problem!
Hmm, maybe I should consider buying that dongle. I wish they weren't that expensive though.

Bought Synth1 from a guy hawking CDs on Hollywood Blvd.

Totally regretting that decision now.

cthonophonic wrote:Bought Synth1 from a guy hawking CDs on Hollywood Blvd.

Totally regretting that decision now.
You mean Sylenth1 right? Synth1 is free.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Maybe that was the point :hihi:

karrikuh wrote:VPS Avenger. Mostly due to GUI (too small, blurry fonts; bad overall design e.g. some parts like mod matrix that carry lots of information are squeezed in a tiny fraction of the total UI screen estate). Also, some annoying oversights in the design at various places that are not immediately obvious like distortion FX missing a proper input gain control or d.c. blocker in the distortion FX acting overly aggressive causing serious loss of bass frequencies.
DPhil wrote:Avenger. Still has bugs from the release version and introduces a bunch of new bugs (up to unusablilty) with every update. Also it's cpu hungry as f*ck drives my gpu fans crazy. I'm glad I could sell it.
Its sound does also not have character imo. It sounds too clean and to get some grip into the sound, the cpu needs to process heavily. It was designed as an expansion machine. The amount of osc modules is nice but they're just basic and you'll get to the limits very quick. But the biggest downside for me was the ui and the bugs.
Klinke1 wrote:Rapid:

I bought it.. then realized, i missed that the L/R is exchanged-> Then saw in the forum somebody else has the same problem, but the Def could not help.

After 2 weeks or so i wrote an e-mail to support and told my L/R is wrong.. -> He said he cannot help and never heard of that problem..

...And i know the same guy answered to the same problem earlier..
So, what can i say..L/R is still wrong and his lie didn't make me happy..
Unfortunately you can't sell it :-/ I followed the rapid thread from the beginning and I got no good feeling with the dev. Too much talking, too less updates.

masterhiggins wrote:
Lets dance wrote:xpand!2
1$
i regret
I got it for free and I regret it. Lol.
Ive bought it and i dont have any better synth / rompler for orchestral stuff, even (discounted) Cakewalk Dimension is not good enough for it. Do you have any tips for no more than 20$? :love:

Horizon Flow wrote: Hmm, maybe I should consider buying that dongle. I wish they weren't that expensive though.
Well, to be honest, I didn't buy it just for Retrologue and Padshop synths! I bought it because I had a plan to upgrade my Elements 8 to Artist 8 (which is using a dongle), but then Retrologue and Padshop Pro worked fine in other DAWs I have (Live 9, Reaper and FL Studio).

I then upgraded to Artist 9 (then recently to Pro 9) which gave me Retrologue 2 instead of version 1! I have never bought version 2! But it seems when update Artist 9 synths, it also update the VSTi versions of the synths! So, it seems I got version 2 upgrade for free :D

I don't really regret buying MPowerSynth some years after buying it, I just wish I had time to check it out. :roll:

Probably the Arturia collection V. It's not a bad bunch of emulations, and at the time were very good; but now that I own Diva and Repro it doesn't get much use whatsoever, apart from CS-80 and SEM. (although very rarely).

That and a bunch of waves plugins. Waves is trash and use dodgy marketing to sell shitty plugins that are 10-15 years old. If you're looking for good compressors, avoid waves. Klanghelm's MJUC is great and so is cytomic's glue compressor. (also relatively cheap). For EQ, stick with ableton's EQ8 or stock plugins. I find 200 bucks is not worth a slightly better UI with the same sound...I'm looking at you overpriced fabfilter.

After just having a totally frustrating experience with Admiral Quality on his Facebook page (how dare I suggest a scalable interface is important! I need my eyes checked and to stop complaining) I REALLY wish I never gave that clown any of my money. He is utterly horrible. I can't recommend anyone buy Poly-Ana.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:After just having a totally frustrating experience with Admiral Quality on his Facebook page (how dare I suggest a scalable interface is important! I need my eyes checked and to stop complaining) I REALLY wish I never gave that clown any of my money. He is utterly horrible. I can't recommend anyone buy Poly-Ana.
He's so bad he was banned from this forum.

wagtunes wrote:
braj wrote:After just having a totally frustrating experience with Admiral Quality on his Facebook page (how dare I suggest a scalable interface is important! I need my eyes checked and to stop complaining) I REALLY wish I never gave that clown any of my money. He is utterly horrible. I can't recommend anyone buy Poly-Ana.
Was it sales / customer interaction related or something else?

dandezebra wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Was it sales / customer interaction related or something else?
It was his attitude.

Haha. Guess you missed the drama with him on KVR. :D

P.S.: His FB is pure gold. :lol:
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”