Synths you regret buying

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CrystalWizard wrote:off topic:
I'd be curious to see tha
further off topic, a good topic for collaboration could be to study the signal flow to 'reverse engineer' parts of Alchemy using Falcon, Halion, Avenger, Iris, Wusik, etc. The manual is worth downloading (above) just to study the design.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote:
CrystalWizard wrote:off topic:
I'd be curious to see tha
further off topic, a good topic for collaboration could be to study the signal flow to 'reverse engineer' parts of Alchemy using Falcon, Halion, Avenger, Iris, Wusik, etc. The manual is worth downloading (above) just to study the design.
i think signal flow of alchemy is easy
the only thing i would like to understand is how the heck does
synplant
neuron V
and https://magenta.tensorflow.org/nsynth-instrument

work
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

pottering wrote:
redlester wrote:Drums, rather than a synth, but....Heavyocity DM307A (the version for Ableton). I realised too late I should have bought the Kontakt version instead which contains the same and much more (currently on offer at 50% off but am resisting as it would be crazy to buy both).
(Since it seems you are stuck w/ Live's version anyways:)

The Kontakt version does cost more, $299 to $175 of Live version.

The tech specs in Heavyocity's site look similar (Kontakt: 7.5 GB uncompressed, Live: 7.6 GB uncompressed).

Drum Racks are amazing, you can add FX to each pad, and also MIDI FX to each pad. For example, an arp before an secondary snare can add some nice roll just pressing a key.

Also you can try copying a backup preset (just for safety) then doing stuff like ctrl+drag or (ctrl+)alt+drag from one pad to another for fast and easy layering possibilities.

Also 2: you can refund purchases on Ableton's site, if it was less than 14 days (not sure if it is 14)
All good points and thanks! I don't regret buying it for the content, which is excellent, it's just that nagging feeling am missing out on something (Ableton version = 3.9GB, Kontakt version = 7GB plus the interface for sequencing patterns).

refx nexus
halion 6

I got the Air Complete or whatever it is called and I really like most of the synths and whatnot but I am extremely worried about anything for the future. Resizable GUI? Support E-mail response was basically - thanks for your input! No response for two months in "official" forum on KVR after a year of saying that GUI is being worked on... Great instruments but worried that they are being abandoned. Can't really complain much because of the price but I would hate to see them become useless because of a few missing features.

Avenger and Falcon. Very powerful tools in theory but i never could/can use them without better optimizing and/or multi-core support.
I sold Avenger and it was easy and support was good, so at the end it was not a loss for me.
I still wouldn´t sell Falcon since i hope there comes some interesting things for it in the future.
I love the Bohemian Violin and Cello and within Falcon i can edit them more as in the UVI Workstation. The truth is i wished i could use these in Kontakt since it performs much better for me. The new Meteor looks like something i could like for Falcon (not sure since i own Gravity and think it is still better in this area and has better content as well).
So i half regret Falcon :D

SciFiArtMan wrote:
zenophilix wrote:Again, someone posting about a synth that I really want...
Agreed! Early in this thread I see several people mentioning their regret for buying ALCHEMY, and I've been kicking my self for the last year or so for not buying ALCHEMY when it was available!

Maybe one of the ALCHEMY regretters could sell me theirs (if that's even a possibility). Different strokes...
+1
A missed opportunity.
I am still using SonicLions's donationware/freeware nitrox from 2008..
who really always needs updates...
I don't remember my hardware synth getting an annual update..
in fact the same thing now (Roland system 100) goes for about $10,000, I have been told... and still not updated since... ermm, 1975/75_ish... :WHT !!!!!!
Big big regret selling that :(

Sometimes I like the 'dynamic' nature of KVR threads! From 'Synths you regret buying' to 'Synths you regret selling' and then to 'Synths you regret not buying'. Did someone mentioned 'Synths you regret not selling'? :hihi:

EnGee wrote:Sometimes I like the 'dynamic' nature of KVR threads! From 'Synths you regret buying' to 'Synths you regret selling' and then to 'Synths you regret not buying'. Did someone mentioned 'Synths you regret not selling'? :hihi:
:lol:
Just like REAL life then... :wink:

EnGee wrote:Sometimes I like the 'dynamic' nature of KVR threads! From 'Synths you regret buying' to 'Synths you regret selling' and then to 'Synths you regret not buying'. Did someone mentioned 'Synths you regret not selling'? :hihi:
Synths I regret not talking about on a KVR thread. :hihi:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

I am actually pissed that I wasn't born earlier so I could enjoy some of the vintage hardware.

"Life I regret not having due to parental patience"

Well I regret at least one of the following, I just don't know which one yet.

Spire
Avenger
Thorn
Massive
Sylenth1

Simply too much overlap, and now I want Serum.

zenophilix wrote:
Synths I regret not talking about on a KVR thread. :hihi:
:lol:

Anyway, today the first thing I did in the morning (after breakfast and toilet!) I turned on my blofeld to see if I regret buying it! I also checked Sylenth1 and Korg ARP Odyssey (I'm using all these synths in a possible finished song!). Well, I believe it is only in usage (meaning: making music) that one knows if he/she regrets buying/learning/..etc a synth. After about one hour, I reached the conclusion that I really 'don't know'!! I mean to say they are not different, is a lie! Every synth has 'something' can't get easily with the others!

One thing is I'm sure of, and that is, I have too many synths!

EnGee wrote: One thing is I'm sure of, and that is, I have too many synths!

did your missus tell you that?

Honestly kind of confused why I keep seeing Avenger brought up. Always thought it sounded fantastic, and looked like a lot of fun to mess with.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Return to “Instruments”