Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Radio : Air. Play.

Use Radio as a plugin within your DAW when you are feeling creative. Radio records the last 30 seconds of any streamed material. Once you hear something you like, select it, save it and drag it into your DAW. Finding new samples to inspire your music has never been done like this before!

The onboard FX section lends Radio the authentic air of real consumer equipment, with 24 processors to make your feed sound like it's coming through a genuine tube radio speaker, car stereo, phone or another device.

Radio stations focus on diversity, which will keep you coming back for new inspirational material.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
martinjuenke
KVRian

1220 posts since 28 Dec, 2015, from Germany

Postby martinjuenke; Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:55 am Re: Synths you regret buying

zzz00m wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:
Lets dance wrote:xpand!2
1$
i regret

I got it for free and I regret it. Lol.

Me too!

Why?

The sound is soo Ninties...
Always a bit too much.
The GUI is oldfashioned and no fun to play with.
And it was pretty complicated to install and to deinstall.
Music was my first love ...
atmospheric electronic music
http://www.mrtnjnk.bandcamp.com
http://www.trenzendenz.bandcamp.com
Cinebient
KVRAF

3299 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Postby Cinebient; Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 am Re: Synths you regret buying

martinjuenke wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:
Lets dance wrote:xpand!2
1$
i regret

I got it for free and I regret it. Lol.

Me too!

Why?

The sound is soo Ninties...
Always a bit too much.
The GUI is oldfashioned and no fun to play with.
And it was pretty complicated to install and to deinstall.

I just played with it and put some high quality FX on it.....i really like a lot of the sounds.
I also got it for a dollar and love me some 90´s sounds for a dollar. :D
dellboy
KVRist

409 posts since 28 Mar, 2007

Postby dellboy; Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:37 am Re: Synths you regret buying

What on earth are nineties sounds ?

Whatever they are, and if Xpand2 has got them, then I am a big fan.

This rompler, with its ability to choose and mix four seperate sounds has infinite sound creation capabilities.
martinjuenke
KVRian

1220 posts since 28 Dec, 2015, from Germany

Postby martinjuenke; Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:42 am Re: Synths you regret buying

That‘s all a matter of taste and therefore not disputable...
Not everybody loves or hates the same and that‘s it...
Music was my first love ...
atmospheric electronic music
http://www.mrtnjnk.bandcamp.com
http://www.trenzendenz.bandcamp.com
Aloysius
KVRAF

21456 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:55 am Re: Synths you regret buying

These people sound so pro' and current.
Impeach 64. Keep 32-bit Plug-ins alive.
dandezebra
KVRian

519 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:56 am Re: Synths you regret buying

We are all 100% correct on KVR when we really mean it.
zzz00m
KVRian

879 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:51 am Re: Synths you regret buying

dellboy wrote:
This rompler, with its ability to choose and mix four seperate sounds has infinite sound creation capabilities.

As a rompler, I think that along with the fact that it is light and loads fast, with thousands of presets that tick all the rompler categories makes this a go-to instrument to sketch out new tracks with. Probably more relevant if you are looking for real instrument sounds.

So my focus would be more on the workflow side of this, rather than the sounds. You could replace any sounds you wish later on with a higher quality sampler where needed, but for backing tracks some of these are quite usable.

$1, no regerts! :lol:

But I could fully understand someone having regrets if they thought they were getting a synth for $1, and then realized this was just a rompler.

Oh, wait! Hybrid3 was just on sale for $1. That is a lot of synth for a buck! I wonder if anyone regrets buying that one?
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
chk071
KVRAF

15137 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:56 am Re: Synths you regret buying

dellboy wrote:What on earth are nineties sounds ?

Try Terratec Komplexer. 90's cheese pure. :D

Well, i don't know what exactly 90's sounds are, but, i also have a feeling that there's this distinctive 90's early digital, aliasing, lack of high end sounds, which are quite prominent in many of the productions. Think Roland JP-8000, and also the Access Virus. Or Waldorf Q. Those kind of synths.
timyork
KVRist

106 posts since 10 Jan, 2005

Postby timyork; Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:18 am Re: Synths you regret buying

Protocol_b wrote:In defense of Klopfgeist - I consider that timing to be 'rock solid' and it's really all you need for minimalist d'n'b (if you don't like bass so much). Why hasn't there been a 1-synth challenge for this little marvel?

There was a few years ago at the old sonikmatter forum. I entered and came third! Great fun making a track with it.
functionform
KVRist

164 posts since 13 May, 2017, from Virginia

Postby functionform; Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:41 am Re: Synths you regret buying

I de-regret Harmor. Finally getting around to learning it. Still hard to use, but potential utility is high.
jancivil
KVRAF

13988 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:50 pm Re: Synths you regret buying

Armagibbon wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
nineofkings wrote:Absynth. Never use it. Its interface issues are not that it's too technical or anything, it's just a bad interface. Fiddly, tabby, inefficient

It's a little weird, but, I think that it's really fast for manipulating samples in something of an old school, i.e., not multisamples, kind of way. I agree that the interface is a bit fiddly. I don't think that it's necessarily all that inefficient though.

Yeah I love it. It's tabbed up, but still organized, makes sense and you can flip through the tabs from a persistent selector. One of my all-time favorites to program personally.

It suited me from the start (Absynth 2). It is the single most enriching purchase OF MY ENTIRE LIFE. :D
jancivil
KVRAF

13988 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:52 pm Re: Synths you regret buying

I don't do 'regret' to this extent. Unless it was a whole LOT of money. Nope.

Close to a regret for me at this point is Trilian. This thing is going nowhere and it's getting kinda old.
Still, I did like 3 things with it that just worked.
a_Scientist
KVRist

76 posts since 1 Jul, 2015, from Nordic

Postby a_Scientist; Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:29 am Re: Synths you regret buying

Eh, Zeta 2. Bought it in torrent shop
my signature is here
hellomrbike
KVRist

33 posts since 16 Aug, 2016

Postby hellomrbike; Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:37 am Re: Synths you regret buying

I've come to regret buying DUNE 2. Not because it sounds bad (in fact, it sounds great), but because I have established a workflow that exists basically without it:

- Monark / TAL-U-NO-LX / Arturia synths for VA
- SampleTank / Xpand!2 / M1 for various instrument samples / one shots
- Serum for glossy, clean sounds / supersaws / heavily LFO'd sounds / sick wubs (if so desired)

And basically I have no place for it with its "jack of all trades, master of none" type of approach. Also, IMO the mod matrix interface is really clunky and unintuitive.

Ironically, this was the first VST synth I ever bought, and I abandoned it almost immediately in favour of other, more specialized choices. So that was $100 down the drain.
EnGee
KVRAF

4406 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from NZ

Postby EnGee; Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:33 pm Re: Synths you regret buying

hellomrbike wrote:I've come to regret buying DUNE 2. Not because it sounds bad (in fact, it sounds great), but because I have established a workflow that exists basically without it:

- Monark / TAL-U-NO-LX / Arturia synths for VA
- SampleTank / Xpand!2 / M1 for various instrument samples / one shots
- Serum for glossy, clean sounds / supersaws / heavily LFO'd sounds / sick wubs (if so desired)

You have a good setup there ;)

I agree with you about Dune 2 if you mean the workflow and GUI design. I really don't like the Mod matrix and the Arp/Seq tabs! They should be outside that main box (Why it must be like Sylenth1?! Come on!).

I sold it but then I regretted that, then I re bought it! It has a great sound and presets, so mostly I'm tweaking what's there as it is not very inviting to make my own presets. Anyway, I'm waiting for Dune 3 to upgrade to it, but if it has the same design for the Mod matrix, Arp, Seq and Layers, then I will just use NI Massive and Largo instead, as after all these years, they are still, to me, the most inviting Wavetable synths to make own presets :D

Win 10 Ryzen 5 1600x PC with Reason 10, Cubase 9 Pro, FL Studio 12 & Reaper 5, nektar P4, Casio PX-5S, AudioBox iTwo and Yamaha HS7
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments