Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

tatanka
KVRian

736 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Wed May 17, 2017 11:42 am Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

Maybe I am just to blind to see but I cant find no way to use this just as a simple drum player to play my existing midi drum tracks :?: :?: :?: :?:

Just want to use the included kits to play my tracks. I have turned sequencer off but still it is playing something that has nothing to do with the drum midi track notes. Notes are generated in beat knitter should be kind of "gm", playing well in Mtpower drums, ssd drums, any sort of kontakt drums....

Could it be it is just not intended to use for this ?
Lotuzia
KVRAF

9380 posts since 19 Feb, 2004, from Paris

Postby Lotuzia; Wed May 17, 2017 1:50 pm Re: Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

Just

1/ erase all seuqencer data with the line erase tool
2/ Play the sounds via a midi keyboard or sequencer

Please note that, depending on the drum sounds, you'll have to play with the gate time of the notes that trigger the drum sounds. Some require (or are intended to be played bu the programmer of the sounds) with very short midi notes, while others are intended to be played with longer notes.

With StiX CM, like with StiX, you can mix sequencer patterns and manual playing.

Hope it answers your question.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there
Numanoid
KVRAF

25999 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Wed May 17, 2017 1:55 pm Re: Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

Lotuzia wrote:Hope it answers your question.

How about fixing the GUI problems, will a new version be available soon?
Lotuzia
KVRAF

Postby Lotuzia; Wed May 17, 2017 2:16 pm Re: Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

I dont know, but I asked Xils. I'll post the answer.

Meanwhile, it's probably safer to use the default color/size scheme, and not use the option menu.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Wed May 17, 2017 11:02 pm Re: Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

Hi Lotuzia,

thanks for the answer, I am at work now and can not try but will do this evening.

But as far as I remember there was no pattern data to be seen in the sequencer and it was not even running cause I had turned it off but still the played notes had nothing to do with my midi notes. I muted evrything but the kick/base drum for example and it was definitely not on the beats where my other drum vsti (ssd, mt power drums, kontakt drums....) are playing, totally different rhythm. It reacts on the notes cause if the midi track is empty stix is silent as it should.

Could this behaviour has something to do with the mentioned gate time of notes ? But I dont mean "slightly differ" but totally different, when kick is on 1, 5, 6, 12 (16 measures imagined) it is played on 3 and 10, nothing to do with original midi notes.

Usually there is a button to switch between different midi behaviours (play internal patterns, play external midi data) of a vsti but could find nothing comparable in stix, not even something to sync to the host tempo (apart from syncing the delay).

I thought that it might have something to do with stix using midi notes for triggering (patterns etc.) ?

At least I am happy that it is suppose to work as simple drum player in general, hope I can figure it out cause I am really interested in some new "fresh" drum kits to play my conventional rhythms in a fresh way (additional to a normal kit playing).
Lotuzia
KVRAF

Postby Lotuzia; Wed May 17, 2017 11:51 pm Re: Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

Numanoid wrote:

Here's the answer :

According to Xils :

The version that CM published is an old version. These bugs have been fixed and CM has the correct version, and had it prior to the date they released StiX CM officially, BUT, for whatever reason, they published the wrong version.

So that I don't know if they (CM) are able to change the version on their servers, or simply willing to do so, and are even aware of the problems, but the error seems to be obviously on their side, and I think that probably the best to do for every StiX CM user, is to contact CM ans ask them to put the right version.

Lotuzia
KVRAF

Postby Lotuzia; Wed May 17, 2017 11:58 pm Re: Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

tatanka wrote:Hi Lotuzia,

thanks for the answer, I am at work now and can not try but will do this evening.

But as far as I remember there was no pattern data to be seen in the sequencer and it was not even running cause I had turned it off but still the played notes had nothing to do with my midi notes. I muted evrything but the kick/base drum for example and it was definitely not on the beats where my other drum vsti (ssd, mt power drums, kontakt drums....) are playing, totally different rhythm. It reacts on the notes cause if the midi track is empty stix is silent as it should.

Could this behaviour has something to do with the mentioned gate time of notes ? But I dont mean "slightly differ" but totally different, when kick is on 1, 5, 6, 12 (16 measures imagined) it is played on 3 and 10, nothing to do with original midi notes.

Usually there is a button to switch between different midi behaviours (play internal patterns, play external midi data) of a vsti but could find nothing comparable in stix, not even something to sync to the host tempo (apart from syncing the delay).

I thought that it might have something to do with stix using midi notes for triggering (patterns etc.) ?

At least I am happy that it is suppose to work as simple drum player in general, hope I can figure it out cause I am really interested in some new "fresh" drum kits to play my conventional rhythms in a fresh way (additional to a normal kit playing).

Also, from the manual :

'You can control StiX in various ways from your Midi Keyboard or Midi Drums device, or playing them by clicking on the keys of the virtual mini keyboard of this area.

Each Octave of your Midi Keyboard has different functions

 Octave 1 ( C1-A1 Range) : Will play the 10 DrumPads. You can mix this with the sequencer playing the Pads to add variations or fill ins, breaks, etc
 Octave 2 ( C2-B2 Range ) : Will Change the current pattern playing to the one you selected as soon as the first beat of the next Bar is played
 Octave 3 ( C3-B3 Range ) : Will Mute/Unmute the respective DrumPads. Press one key to mute a DrumPad, and press again that key to unmute it.

Note : Playing Drumpads Live : Please be aware that if you play a drum pad more or less simultaneously while the sequencer plays it, all envelopes wille reset, and no priority order is set, possibly resulting in some noise artifacts like flanging, or abruptly cut enveloppes
'

So, for example, you have to be cautious not triggering patterns by using notes from second octave. In which case, if some patterns (different than pattern A) are not empty, they will trigger notes.

tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Thu May 18, 2017 12:25 am Re: Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

Thanks again Lotuzia,

I think here might lay the problem cause I remember that I could see notes triggered on the included virtual mini keyboard. And I have not checked the other patterns differnt from A if there is something happening.

Still it makes me wonder why they did not leave the "GM" midi drum area "empty" for playing back drum midi notes cause that means (if its the problem) I will have to transpose the drum notes escpecially for stix, that would be kind of :shock:
Joe CM
KVRer

14 posts since 15 Jun, 2016

Postby Joe CM; Thu May 18, 2017 5:28 am Re: Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

Lotuzia wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

Here's the answer :

According to Xils :

The version that CM published is an old version. These bugs have been fixed and CM has the correct version, and had it prior to the date they released StiX CM officially, BUT, for whatever reason, they published the wrong version.

So that I don't know if they (CM) are able to change the version on their servers, or simply willing to do so, and are even aware of the problems, but the error seems to be obviously on their side, and I think that probably the best to do for every StiX CM user, is to contact CM ans ask them to put the right version.

Hi all,

The updated StiX CM installers can now be downloaded from the CM244 Vault.

Cheers,

Joe Rossitter
Editor
Computer Music
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Thu May 18, 2017 8:38 am Re: Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

Joe CM wrote:The updated StiX CM installers can now be downloaded from the CM244 Vault.

Thanks, I downloaded again, and the Win version is now V102 (last modified May 18) :)

I will reinstall.
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Fri May 19, 2017 7:30 am Re: Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

Reinstalled today, but the problem persists :(

This is how it looks in FL Studio, GUI is still gone:

It there isn't a init file somewhere I can manually reset the GUI to the default one, I don't know what to do.
Lotuzia
KVRAF

Postby Lotuzia; Fri May 19, 2017 9:37 am Re: Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

Joe CM wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

Here's the answer :

According to Xils :

Hi all,

The updated StiX CM installers can now be downloaded from the CM244 Vault.

Cheers,

Joe Rossitter
Editor
Computer Music

Thanks Joe Rossiter :tu:

Deeply appreciated

Lotuzia
KVRAF

Postby Lotuzia; Fri May 19, 2017 9:39 am Re: Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

Numanoid wrote:Reinstalled today, but the problem persists :(

This is how it looks in FL Studio, GUI is still gone:

It there isn't a init file somewhere I can manually reset the GUI to the default one, I don't know what to do.

Just delete the Option file in the folder where StiX was installed. (It might also be the option file as 'a survuval' of the first install)

In any case StiX CM should recreate this file with default settings and the bug should be gone.

tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Fri May 19, 2017 1:11 pm Re: Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

Works now as supposed and as evry drum maschine use to work. Two possible reasons why it did not worked before:

- I have updated to the new version, so maybe that was a bug in the old one cm loaded up first
- I have only loaded a kit just from the beginning, no "preset" so there might not be any patterns loaded this way

Nice sound additions this way.
babistrihos
KVRer

20 posts since 29 Jun, 2004

Postby babistrihos; Mon May 22, 2017 1:31 am Re: Stix CM use as simple midi drum player ?

I have download the latest version from the CM Vault.
It keeps asking for .wav files.
I hear only noises ready to damage my monitors :(
Any workaround, please?
Filter Ego

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments