Any news on Massive 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive

10 years have past since the release. I'm wondering if NI are working on the upgrade of this wavetable pioneer? Maybe it's time to catch up the rivals? New filters (old ones are very outdated), resizable GUI, new waveforms, waveform editor and you name it. It's weird that such a huge company cannot even make a bigger GUI for it for HD monitors.

Absolutely in for that too. I don't think it'll happen any time soon though. NI seem to have other priorities.

tbh, with Daliot gone, and nobody into advanced synthesis left over at NI, M2 will either never happen, or suck about as much as z3ta 2 if if does.

acYm wrote:and nobody into advanced synthesis left over at NI
Absolutely untrue (and made up) information.

acYm wrote:tbh, with Daliot gone, and nobody into advanced synthesis left over at NI
Seriously? What about Reaktor?

chk071 wrote:
acYm wrote:tbh, with Daliot gone, and nobody into advanced synthesis left over at NI
Seriously? What about Reaktor?
Exactly. Stephan Schmitt (NI founder) coded it. So he could do the job, no?

I would put money on there never being a Massive follow up.

Native instruments wants to sell you content because a) it costs less to develop and b) costs less to support.

I would actually rather see them do something with Absynth. Massive has already been surpassed by Serum and other wavetable synths now.

Certainly if they have coders capable of creating and maintaining Reaktor, they can make a Massive 2. Will they? Highly unlikely at this point. I think we have seen the last of Massive, FM and ABSynth.

tehlord wrote:I would put money on there never being a Massive follow up.
Yeah, have that feeling too... if they really wanted to do a successor, they would have done it by now. They would have to top other wavetable synths like Serum, so, would have to be quite an effort then. But, i'd surely like to be surprised by NI. :) IF someone could top Serum and likes, then it's them. Reaktor is superb in terms of sound quality, so, a Massive 2 would probable be very good as well.

Personally I still prefer Massive to Serum

It's out and it's called Serum.

as soon as you leave the admittedly stellar wavetable editor and engine, massive kinda mops the floor with serum, I gotta say. much, much cooler environment.

I respect Schmitt as much as anyone else here, but he never made anything in reaktor that's as good or better than massive. reaktor is not aging well anyway, modern synth designs perform terribly in there.

Native instruments wants to sell you content because a) it costs less to develop and b) costs less to support.
"Wants to" and "will" are two very different situations... and until I see some VST action on the NI front, I'm not updating Komplete.

I suppose I could be in the minority, but I am not interested in more samples to clutter my hard drive. I don't care how meticulous and life-like they are... :borg:

However, I think you're correct in no VST (outside of Kontakt and Reaktor) instrument plugins from NI. They are really riding the sample horse hard.

I think they will do Massive 2 and Absynth 6. I know Brian Clevinger is always working on Absynth and hopes for it to continue. I think it would be very foolish for them not to at least make Massive 2. I think it would make them a lot of money. And no Serum doesn't have to completely destroy the possibility of Massive 2- as Massive can take on new characteristics Serum doesn't and Massive 2 would sell no matter what based on it's name.

VitaminD wrote:

"Wants to" and "will" are two very different situations... and until I see some VST action on the NI front, I'm not updating Komplete.

I suppose I could be in the minority, but I am not interested in more samples to clutter my hard drive. I don't care how meticulous and life-like they are... :borg:

However, I think you're correct in no VST (outside of Kontakt and Reaktor) instrument plugins from NI. They are really riding the sample horse hard.
Same man, that's why I'm still on K9... :scared:
Eternitysound VST Banks

Return to “Instruments”