Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Any news on Massive 2?

Igro
KVRAF

3982 posts since 26 Apr, 2007, from Noosphere

Postby Igro; Fri May 19, 2017 1:30 pm Any news on Massive 2?

10 years have past since the release. I'm wondering if NI are working on the upgrade of this wavetable pioneer? Maybe it's time to catch up the rivals? New filters (old ones are very outdated), resizable GUI, new waveforms, waveform editor and you name it. It's weird that such a huge company cannot even make a bigger GUI for it for HD monitors.
[For Sale] Synapse Audio EKS Pro 19$, 15£, 17€
chk071
KVRAF

13879 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Fri May 19, 2017 1:36 pm Re: Any news on Massive 2?

Absolutely in for that too. I don't think it'll happen any time soon though. NI seem to have other priorities.
Good synths don't have a sweet spot. They ARE the sweet spot.
acYm
KVRian

548 posts since 11 Sep, 2015

Postby acYm; Fri May 19, 2017 1:44 pm Re: Any news on Massive 2?

tbh, with Daliot gone, and nobody into advanced synthesis left over at NI, M2 will either never happen, or suck about as much as z3ta 2 if if does.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

15112 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Fri May 19, 2017 1:46 pm Re: Any news on Massive 2?

acYm wrote:and nobody into advanced synthesis left over at NI

Absolutely untrue (and made up) information.
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Fri May 19, 2017 1:46 pm Re: Any news on Massive 2?

acYm wrote:tbh, with Daliot gone, and nobody into advanced synthesis left over at NI

Seriously? What about Reaktor?
Igro
KVRAF

3982 posts since 26 Apr, 2007, from Noosphere

Postby Igro; Fri May 19, 2017 2:02 pm Re: Any news on Massive 2?

chk071 wrote:
acYm wrote:tbh, with Daliot gone, and nobody into advanced synthesis left over at NI

Seriously? What about Reaktor?

Exactly. Stephan Schmitt (NI founder) coded it. So he could do the job, no?
[For Sale] Synapse Audio EKS Pro 19$, 15£, 17€
tehlord
KVRAF

7682 posts since 22 Sep, 2008, from Windsor. UK

Postby tehlord; Fri May 19, 2017 2:04 pm Re: Any news on Massive 2?

I would put money on there never being a Massive follow up.

Native instruments wants to sell you content because a) it costs less to develop and b) costs less to support.

I would actually rather see them do something with Absynth. Massive has already been surpassed by Serum and other wavetable synths now.
wagtunes
KVRAF

9636 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri May 19, 2017 2:06 pm Re: Any news on Massive 2?

Certainly if they have coders capable of creating and maintaining Reaktor, they can make a Massive 2. Will they? Highly unlikely at this point. I think we have seen the last of Massive, FM and ABSynth.
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Fri May 19, 2017 2:08 pm Re: Any news on Massive 2?

tehlord wrote:I would put money on there never being a Massive follow up.

Yeah, have that feeling too... if they really wanted to do a successor, they would have done it by now. They would have to top other wavetable synths like Serum, so, would have to be quite an effort then. But, i'd surely like to be surprised by NI. :) IF someone could top Serum and likes, then it's them. Reaktor is superb in terms of sound quality, so, a Massive 2 would probable be very good as well.
aMUSEd
KVRAF

28293 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Fri May 19, 2017 2:11 pm Re: Any news on Massive 2?

Personally I still prefer Massive to Serum
sinemotor
KVRist

33 posts since 24 Dec, 2015

Postby sinemotor; Fri May 19, 2017 2:29 pm Re: Any news on Massive 2?

It's out and it's called Serum.
acYm
KVRian

548 posts since 11 Sep, 2015

Postby acYm; Fri May 19, 2017 3:04 pm Re: Any news on Massive 2?

as soon as you leave the admittedly stellar wavetable editor and engine, massive kinda mops the floor with serum, I gotta say. much, much cooler environment.

I respect Schmitt as much as anyone else here, but he never made anything in reaktor that's as good or better than massive. reaktor is not aging well anyway, modern synth designs perform terribly in there.
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!

8590 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Fri May 19, 2017 3:09 pm Re: Any news on Massive 2?

Native instruments wants to sell you content because a) it costs less to develop and b) costs less to support.

"Wants to" and "will" are two very different situations... and until I see some VST action on the NI front, I'm not updating Komplete.

I suppose I could be in the minority, but I am not interested in more samples to clutter my hard drive. I don't care how meticulous and life-like they are... :borg:

However, I think you're correct in no VST (outside of Kontakt and Reaktor) instrument plugins from NI. They are really riding the sample horse hard.
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
twal
KVRist

130 posts since 10 Feb, 2017

Postby twal; Fri May 19, 2017 3:33 pm Re: Any news on Massive 2?

I think they will do Massive 2 and Absynth 6. I know Brian Clevinger is always working on Absynth and hopes for it to continue. I think it would be very foolish for them not to at least make Massive 2. I think it would make them a lot of money. And no Serum doesn't have to completely destroy the possibility of Massive 2- as Massive can take on new characteristics Serum doesn't and Massive 2 would sell no matter what based on it's name.
GeorgeZ
KVRAF

2972 posts since 29 May, 2009, from New Zealand

Postby GeorgeZ; Fri May 19, 2017 3:50 pm Re: Any news on Massive 2?

VitaminD wrote:

"Wants to" and "will" are two very different situations... and until I see some VST action on the NI front, I'm not updating Komplete.

I suppose I could be in the minority, but I am not interested in more samples to clutter my hard drive. I don't care how meticulous and life-like they are... :borg:

However, I think you're correct in no VST (outside of Kontakt and Reaktor) instrument plugins from NI. They are really riding the sample horse hard.

Same man, that's why I'm still on K9... :scared:
Eternitysound VST Banks
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments