Any news on Massive 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive

HcDoom wrote:Hopefully there will be Massive 2 and Absynth 6...but since we didnt see anything spectacular from NI in years...its that they either abandoned both synths or they are working hard on it behind the closed doors. I am somehow lean to the first option but...would be very happy if 2nd one is the real one.
I'm doubtful there will be a Massive 2 or Absynth 6. My impression is that NI is developing within the Reaktor framework these days and those synths are legacy products. Of the two, Absynth most needs updating. Massive is solid enough as is.

Absynth's still being worked on.

EvilDragon wrote:Absynth's still being worked on.
Sure... it gets compatibility updates... will it ever get a new GUI?

I don't know honestly (and if I knew I wouldn't be able to say), but I sure hope so just as everyone else. At any rate, mr. Clevinger is still chipping away at it, since he's still employed at NI.

They are both legacy products that do their job, they can be a bit annoying on high res monitors but NI are in no rush to fix that on any of their products.
They will never get any major updates again.
Duh

bungle wrote:They will never get any major updates again.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

You know what's a legacy product? Kore 2. Whatever is still in the current product catalog and still selling, is not a legacy product.

It's a shame for a big player like NI that users have to beg for standard things like having an up2date GUI in 2017. I can only hope that they are not overworked there.. ..must be really stressful at times. :clown:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I think that Massive 2 will be 2 Massive :scared:

:D

EvilDragon wrote:
bungle wrote:They will never get any major updates again.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

You know what's a legacy product? Kore 2. Whatever is still in the current product catalog and still selling, is not a legacy product.

Please, they are legacy, just because NI try to give the impression they have a value by having them for sale, they garner low if any individual sales, they only have them for sale to boost the perceived value of Komplete, that is about as far from rocket science as you can get, no matter what you would have us believe.
Duh

I think Absynth 5 and FM9 still have plenty of life in them... Sure, a fresh lick of paint does wonders to the perception of the sound quality (lol) but as-is they certainly fill a void...

I love the way a lot of people on here consider synths to be 'superseded' by something else... If a new synth has a particular sound and therefore 'everyone should buy it because quality' - wouldn't it be better to search for something more obscure or less popular so you have a chance of sounding unique???

fallacy wrote:I think Absynth 5 and FM9 still have plenty of life in them... Sure, a fresh lick of paint does wonders to the perception of the sound quality (lol) but as-is they certainly fill a void...
I think FM7 sounded better than FM8 but that is probably down to the superior FM7 GUI. :help:

VitaminD wrote:
fallacy wrote:I think Absynth 5 and FM9 still have plenty of life in them... Sure, a fresh lick of paint does wonders to the perception of the sound quality (lol) but as-is they certainly fill a void...
I think FM7 sounded better than FM8 but that is probably down to the superior FM7 GUI. :help:
haha I just realised I wrote FM9....

...I mean... yes! ...FM9! It has a slick new interface that looks exactly like a DX7 and the images of the waveforms are anti-aliased, and therefore they sound better...

But seriously what would you expect from a new Massive or Absynth that would warrant a major version number increase? If I recall previously the upgrades have been 'we added a new filter type and more presets!'

Would that be all it takes to make you happy or???

IMHO by the time NI makes any update on these "legacy or not" synths, they will be late.
Many newer synth with more "modern" gui/sound came, and the todays' users will say hm.. I rather by this new synth and not this "dated" NI synth.

It may not have a few 'modern' things like HD support (but then neither does Serum yet) but the GUI in terms of ergonomics is still a standard many other plugins try to emulate (in fact the last few wavetable releases are still behind it in terms of accessible performance controls). As to the sound I think it's as 'modern' as any synth - people are still creating soundsets for it, some of which are amongst the best and most avant garde I have heard for any synth. It's extremely adaptable sonically.

bungle wrote:Please, they are legacy, just because NI try to give the impression they have a value by having them for sale, they garner low if any individual sales, they only have them for sale to boost the perceived value of Komplete, that is about as far from rocket science as you can get, no matter what you would have us believe.
Sooo, you have the actual sales numbers from NI? Nice fallacy there. :clap:

Return to “Instruments”