Any news on Massive 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive

massive 2 is due, in fact, on the same date as the release of sylenth 2....

fisherKing wrote:massive 2 is due, in fact, on the same date as the release of sylenth 2....
It will be a miracle if they both beat Zebra 3 to market!
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

drdriller wrote:Massive X is coming with next komplete update.

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 12.328679/
X = 1
or
X = 1.5
or
X = 2

It would be a miracle if any would come at all. Last time i read something from Lennard on the topic, it was "Sylenth1 sounds good enough", or similar, and, it didn't seem like there was much drive to develop a successor. Massive is on the market now for 11 years, and Reaktor seems to be NI's driving product. I doubt anything will come in the foreseeable future.

chk071 wrote:It would be a miracle if any would come at all. Last time i read something from Lennard on the topic, it was "Sylenth1 sounds good enough", or similar, and, it didn't seem like there was much drive to develop a successor. Massive is on the market now for 11 years, and Reaktor seems to be NI's driving product. I doubt anything will come in the foreseeable future.
and there's nothing to wait for; plenty of synths for us to make music with now. i use sylenth1 a lot (and sure, would be nice to see it's feature set expanded); i abandoned massive years ago (the power supply shorted out :D ); zebra2 (which i still use) was my first 3rd-party plugin...and it still shines.

but it would be amazing to see new versions of any/all of these...

fisherKing wrote: and there's nothing to wait for; plenty of synths for us to make music with now.
'xactly. Even though this is KVR, and you know how deep pockets we all have. :D

I wonder, though, why Lennard doesn't consider Sylenth2. Version 1 has such a legendary status that it seems a waste to not build up on it. I dunno, but, it just might not be his daily business. Isn't he actually working at the university or something?

chk071 wrote:
fisherKing wrote: and there's nothing to wait for; plenty of synths for us to make music with now.
'xactly. Even though this is KVR, and you know how deep pockets we all have. :D

I wonder, though, why Lennard doesn't consider Sylenth2. Version 1 has such a legendary status that it seems a waste to not build up on it. I dunno, but, it just might not be his daily business. Isn't he actually working at the university or something?
as long as it took for S1 to go 64bit on mac, sigh... am not holding my breath. but (again), i use S1 a lot, still love it.

exciting tho to imagine a sylenth2, or massive2, or zebra3....

I know that this is blasphemy to some of you, don't care, I hope that the reason that they are calling it Massive X is because they have evolved the design but did so in Reaktor. That is, it is an evolution of Massive, but a Reaktor instrument, hence a different product.

ghettosynth wrote:I know that this is blasphemy to some of you, don't care, I hope that the reason that they are calling it Massive X is because they have evolved the design but did so in Reaktor. That is, it is an evolution of Massive, but a Reaktor instrument, hence a different product.
isn't massive x just a playback tool for massive presets? or did i get that wrong...

fisherKing wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I know that this is blasphemy to some of you, don't care, I hope that the reason that they are calling it Massive X is because they have evolved the design but did so in Reaktor. That is, it is an evolution of Massive, but a Reaktor instrument, hence a different product.
isn't massive x just a playback tool for massive presets? or did i get that wrong...
I have no idea, do you have a reference for that?

I'm still on Komplete 6

No, really. I have the box and everything.

Well, if Massive X does turn out to be the long-overdue-almost-forgotten-about updated version of Massive some of us were hoping for, I don't know what the heck I'm going to feed the horde of cows that will suddenly show up in my front yard.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

fisherKing wrote:
Not sure where you got this info from (probably somebody just randomly spouted his guesswork somewhere), but that makes no sense no matter how you look at it.

Vectorman wrote:Well, if Massive X does turn out to be the long-overdue-almost-forgotten-about updated version of Massive some of us were hoping for, I don't know what the heck I'm going to feed the horde of cows that will suddenly show up in my front yard.
I'm not sure whether that needs more funny or I need more clue?

They can't update it, and even if they did, many other developers have newer, more modern wavetable synths, so I bet NI won't even try to release new versions of their legacy synths. Same goes to fm8 and absynth.
forget it

Return to “Instruments”