Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
User avatar
Lesha
KVRian
 
1157 posts since 17 Feb, 2005, from Serbia

Postby Lesha; Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:35 pm Re: Syntronik available now

zzz00m wrote:
Lesha wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that lower octaves sound dull(er)?

Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but I just learned about this synth.

/edit
Some presets do, some don't... :neutral:


Yes.

Deep Water Pad Light for example.
It's easy if you know how
User avatar
spacekid
KVRian
 
974 posts since 12 Sep, 2005

Postby spacekid; Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:36 pm Re: Syntronik available now

Lesha wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
Lesha wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that lower octaves sound dull(er)?

Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but I just learned about this synth.

/edit
Some presets do, some don't... :neutral:


Yes.

Deep Water Pad Light for example.

Try increasing the Sub on channel strip..or maybe other EQing with it..channel strip is good.
User avatar
Lesha
KVRian
 
1157 posts since 17 Feb, 2005, from Serbia

Postby Lesha; Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:44 pm Re: Syntronik available now

spacekid wrote:
Lesha wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
Lesha wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that lower octaves sound dull(er)?

Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but I just learned about this synth.

/edit
Some presets do, some don't... :neutral:


Yes.

Deep Water Pad Light for example.

Try increasing the Sub on channel strip..or maybe other EQing with it..channel strip is good.

The lower octaves you go, the duller the sound. Try it yourself using this preset.
It's easy if you know how
User avatar
spacekid
KVRian
 
974 posts since 12 Sep, 2005

Postby spacekid; Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:52 pm Re: Syntronik available now

Lesha wrote:
spacekid wrote:
Lesha wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
Lesha wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that lower octaves sound dull(er)?

Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but I just learned about this synth.

/edit
Some presets do, some don't... :neutral:


Yes.

Deep Water Pad Light for example.

Try increasing the Sub on channel strip..or maybe other EQing with it..channel strip is good.

The lower octaves you go, the duller the sound. Try it yourself using this preset.

All I notice is a volume change. Higher up has more volume..The other deep water pads have the same thing going on with the volume.

I evened out the volume a small amount: https://www.dropbox.com/s/19ya85gbzq0rr ... st.7z?dl=0 .Do you have the full version? I may mess with a multi. *Edit: Try popping on OSC2 and turning the output up a bit on White 2A..evens it out a bit more..gets creamy.
Last edited by spacekid on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
 
8982 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:57 pm Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

DarkStar wrote:^^^
That must be an Americanism? ;)

It is. Look it up.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
 
8982 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:59 pm Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

Russell Grand wrote:
DarkStar wrote:^^^
That must be an Americanism? ;)


More like an extremely outdated nerdism. :hihi:

I'm an extremely outdated nerd.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
 
8982 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:01 pm Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

mcbpete wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:
DarkStar wrote:Nope :), that .zip file is a drop-down list, click the arrow and select / download each of the other files. Then install them all.

Oh for f's sake. Remind me to hunt down the web designer who that that was a good idea and give them the wet willie of their life. UI/UX: FAIL.
Nah man, you can't blame the designer for this one - Saying 'Part 1' with a drop down button right next to it is quite a darn big clue there's something more !

zzz00m wrote:For the folks that buy a complete product, they need to add an express download manager/installer to the Custom Shop or something.
Yeah agreed, it definitely takes it's time to grab everything. Was thinking an installer manager like what Arturia has would be good but then it can easily go wrong like the Native Instruments one (no control where things go, automatically installs everything, no pause/resume controls etc.) so I'm happy to just use my own Download Manager that works properly !

There are a dozen good ways to do that. They didn't.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
User avatar
spacekid
KVRian
 
974 posts since 12 Sep, 2005

Postby spacekid; Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:59 pm Re: Syntronik available now

spacekid wrote:
Lesha wrote:
spacekid wrote:
Lesha wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
Lesha wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that lower octaves sound dull(er)?

Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but I just learned about this synth.

/edit
Some presets do, some don't... :neutral:


Yes.

Deep Water Pad Light for example.

Try increasing the Sub on channel strip..or maybe other EQing with it..channel strip is good.

The lower octaves you go, the duller the sound. Try it yourself using this preset.

All I notice is a volume change. Higher up has more volume..The other deep water pads have the same thing going on with the volume.

I evened out the volume a small amount: https://www.dropbox.com/s/19ya85gbzq0rr ... st.7z?dl=0 .Do you have the full version? I may mess with a multi. *Edit: Try popping on OSC2 and turning the output up a bit on White 2A..evens it out a bit more..gets creamy.

This is how I dealt with it. I'll take the time to put up a few multis, maybe in a day or 2(working all week/so it happens if it does).
DeepWater.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Lesha
KVRian
 
1157 posts since 17 Feb, 2005, from Serbia

Postby Lesha; Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:35 pm Re: Syntronik available now

spacekid wrote:Do you have the full version?

No, I tried the free version only.
It's easy if you know how
zzz00m
KVRist
 
317 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:50 pm Re: Syntronik available now

It may make a difference if you are using a good set of monitors. I was thinking that maybe the patches you were listening to possibly had the Low Pass Filter cutoff in use. But for this particular patch the LPF is wide open, and sounds great here, all the way down to the lowest note!

Using the Melda MLoudnessAnalyzer, it seems the dB levels from the lowest note, A0, to the highest C8, are consistent. I did note that the LU ranged from 0 to +6 from lowest to highest. So that is not a huge range.
Windows 10 x64, Intel i3 3.4 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, SSD drive, M-Audio FW-410 with ASIO driver
User avatar
spacekid
KVRian
 
974 posts since 12 Sep, 2005

Postby spacekid; Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:13 am Re: Syntronik available now

Lesha wrote:
spacekid wrote:Do you have the full version?

No, I tried the free version only.

ok..Galaxy is a good one to get if you want a rounded tone fuzzy type of synth. There are about 6 other Deep water patches that go along with the light one.
DarkStar
KVRAF
 
8053 posts since 2 Sep, 2003, from Surrey, UK

Postby DarkStar; Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:59 am Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

zerocrossing wrote:
DarkStar wrote:^^^
That must be an Americanism? ;)

It is. Look it up.

I don't think so ;)
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...
Saukar30
KVRian
 
851 posts since 2 Mar, 2005

Postby Saukar30; Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:28 am Re: Syntronik available now

Does anyone else notice that when using the Syntronik presets in Sampletank 3 that the 1st LFO is not working?

I sent in a ticket to IK about this but have yet to hear anything. If I can get some confirmation on this maybe Peter or someone at IK can address it.
User avatar
Gamma-UT
KVRAF
 
3623 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:42 am Re: Syntronik available now

Saukar30 wrote:Does anyone else notice that when using the Syntronik presets in Sampletank 3 that the 1st LFO is not working?

I sent in a ticket to IK about this but have yet to hear anything. If I can get some confirmation on this maybe Peter or someone at IK can address it.


I've noticed that the new filters don't always engage properly in existing Sampletank sounds, such as old SonikSynth presets - filter can sweep but resonance has not effect. But haven't come across this one specifically. There seem to be some behind-scenes-settings that defeat how the ST3 UI engages with the sounds.
User avatar
spacekid
KVRian
 
974 posts since 12 Sep, 2005

Postby spacekid; Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:45 am Re: Syntronik available now

Saukar30 wrote:Does anyone else notice that when using the Syntronik presets in Sampletank 3 that the 1st LFO is not working?

I sent in a ticket to IK about this but have yet to hear anything. If I can get some confirmation on this maybe Peter or someone at IK can address it.

Just use LFO 2. Since the lfo in syntronik is the addon effect and they seem to have just placed LFO 2 on and not LFO 1. They should have maybe placed it as LFO 1.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments