Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
User avatar
plexuss
KVRian
 
1451 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Postby plexuss; Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:02 pm Re: Syntronik available now

This is for wag: Some where in this thread you mentioned at this point in history, and I am paraphrasing, pretty much everything's been done in terms of music style, especailly pop music, such that you could identify something in any track that's already been done.

I'd like to take you up on that! Looking for forward to your analysis :wheee: :

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/moon-is-rising

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/ze ... ssacre-3am
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
9610 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:57 am Re: Syntronik available now

plexuss wrote:This is for wag: Some where in this thread you mentioned at this point in history, and I am paraphrasing, pretty much everything's been done in terms of music style, especailly pop music, such that you could identify something in any track that's already been done.

I'd like to take you up on that! Looking for forward to your analysis :wheee: :

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/moon-is-rising

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/ze ... ssacre-3am


Okay, here goes.

Moon Is Rising – Very nice track. Touches of Yes, Genesis, Brian Eno, John Tesh and Yanni. Kind of an ambient, new age, prog track. Really liked this one. But certainly nothing I would call “New”.

Zen Garden Massacre – Another very nice track. Touches of Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, John Tesh (Again) and Genesis (mostly from Foxtrot). Liked this one a lot too. Again, nothing new here.

There has been so much music, especially obscure or “off the beaten path” that it's literally impossible to do something new. In over 50 years of listening to the radio, going to underground record stores and literally searching for every piece of obscurity I could get my hands on, there is nothing I haven't heard.

You should come over and see my record collection (going back to 1964) sometime. It would blow your mind into a thousand pieces.

PS - You are very talented. Loved this stuff. Very easy to listen to and very interesting if you're into this kind of "rambling on" which is what I basically grew up on (Autobahn was a pop tune to me)

Thanks for sharing this. Really liked it.
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
9610 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:19 am Re: Syntronik available now

FWIW, somebody posted this over at Gearslutz. I think it sounds great regardless of how programmable it is.

https://soundcloud.com/transilmania/cuz-you-do
User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
 
5483 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:17 pm Re: Syntronik available now

FYI, since there was talk about our forum and there have been feature requests posted here, someone did make a thread for FRs on the official IK Forum at this link
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
User avatar
plexuss
KVRian
 
1451 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Postby plexuss; Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:10 pm Re: Syntronik available now

wagtunes wrote:
plexuss wrote:This is for wag: Some where in this thread you mentioned at this point in history, and I am paraphrasing, pretty much everything's been done in terms of music style, especailly pop music, such that you could identify something in any track that's already been done.

I'd like to take you up on that! Looking for forward to your analysis :wheee: :

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/moon-is-rising

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/ze ... ssacre-3am


Okay, here goes.

Moon Is Rising – Very nice track. Touches of Yes, Genesis, Brian Eno, John Tesh and Yanni. Kind of an ambient, new age, prog track. Really liked this one. But certainly nothing I would call “New”.

Zen Garden Massacre – Another very nice track. Touches of Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, John Tesh (Again) and Genesis (mostly from Foxtrot). Liked this one a lot too. Again, nothing new here.

There has been so much music, especially obscure or “off the beaten path” that it's literally impossible to do something new. In over 50 years of listening to the radio, going to underground record stores and literally searching for every piece of obscurity I could get my hands on, there is nothing I haven't heard.

You should come over and see my record collection (going back to 1964) sometime. It would blow your mind into a thousand pieces.

PS - You are very talented. Loved this stuff. Very easy to listen to and very interesting if you're into this kind of "rambling on" which is what I basically grew up on (Autobahn was a pop tune to me)

Thanks for sharing this. Really liked it.


Yes, Genesis, Eno, Tesh, Yanni (but only if you are talking looks), TD... ok, I'll take it. But yes, I agree... music evolves... to me it's like a plant where initially there is only one sprout and no off-shoots. over time there are more and more off shoots until there are so many you want to give the thing a good trimming and get rid of the some of over-growth debris.
User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
 
5483 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:35 pm Re: Syntronik available now

wagtunes wrote:FWIW, somebody posted this over at Gearslutz. I think it sounds great regardless of how programmable it is.

https://soundcloud.com/transilmania/cuz-you-do

Thanks for posting that, I thought I had replied already as I definitely didn't see this in the "rough mixes" (or similar thread title) over there.
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
User avatar
Integratron
KVRAF
 
3611 posts since 17 Sep, 2006, from Fredericksburg, VA USA

Postby Integratron; Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:11 pm Re: Syntronik available now - Free version available too

I want to entire lot... I love all things NI and these synths are killer for $49 each!!! 8)
J.S. Bach... the Einstein of music
XPS8700 i7, 8gb memory, 1tb hdd, Steinberg UR22 audio I/F, Presonus ER5 monitors, Nektar LX-61 keyboard controller, Windows 7 Pro w/Sp1
Listen to my music here: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=439965&T=7205
sramsay
KVRist
 
39 posts since 4 Feb, 2015

Postby sramsay; Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:36 am Re: Syntronik available now - Free version available too

Touches of Yes, Genesis, Brian Eno, John Tesh and Yanni.


The trouble with this "nothing new under the sun" logic, is that it works for literally every work of art ever created.

Mozart: A little opera buffa, a touch of Mannheim orchestration, clear J.C. Bach influences . . .

Tolstoy: Quite a bit of Pushkin, some Goethe, Gogol . . .

Picasso: Paul Cezanne and Henri Rousseau, archaic art from various sources . . .

Do you really look at Guernica and think, "Oh, well that's not really something *new*," because we can discern various precursors and influences?
User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
 
3190 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:46 am Re: Syntronik available now - Free version available too

Except for JS Bach (not his youngest son JC if you mean him).
sramsay
KVRist
 
39 posts since 4 Feb, 2015

Postby sramsay; Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:56 am Re: Syntronik available now - Free version available too

Except for JS Bach (not his youngest son JC if you mean him).


No, I mean Johann Christian Bach (whom Mozart visited in England in 1764 and 1765). Much scholarship on this subject, but you could start here: https://www.biu.ac.il/HU/mu/min-ad/06-2 ... 89-104.pdf
User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
 
3190 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:53 am Re: Syntronik available now - Free version available too

No, I mean your thesis doesn't apply to his father that much. I am acquainted with the topic and it evidently is his son you were referring to. He was Bach's youngest and maybe brightest, apart from his brother and tutor Carl Philipp Emanuel, but not as unique as his divine, sublime father. Bach ist Gott.
sramsay
KVRist
 
39 posts since 4 Feb, 2015

Postby sramsay; Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:54 pm Re: Syntronik available now - Free version available too

No, I mean your thesis doesn't apply to his father that much.


It applies in every way to Bach senior, who was wild for the so-called "Italian style" (Vivaldi, Corelli, Torelli) -- and you can certainly hear that influence in his music. In fact, it's probably *more* true of Bach than some of the others I mentioned. He spent most of his career on the payroll of churches, and had to at least nod toward prevailing fashions in music (while also working within established genres). In that respect, he was no different than any other successful composer.

I'm not saying he wasn't Gott; he certainly was. I'm just saying it's turtles all way down. Being able to point to the influences on a work of art doesn't mean that "nothing new" has been created.
User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
 
3190 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:14 pm Re: Syntronik available now - Free version available too

Those Italian works were his worst. Had to play Brandenburg 5 for my flute (traverso) exam. Hated it. Too pompous, too Italian. Disliked most of what he wrote in Köthen. Then, when I visited the castle with my wife and kids, I understood why he was too comfy there. Bach needed pain to write divine music. Problems aplenty in Leipzig. His cantatas and Parodieverfahren drove him to the H-Moll Messe and the Passions.
Now that's divinity for you. As for humanity, no man's an island. Which is why, in the end, no invention really is original, while intellectual property, in the same perspective, is undefendable. On the other hand, if we wouldn't uphold the fiction of intellectual property, our money-driven society probably wouldn't see much progress, pharmaceutical progress being a case in point. As for music, I would definitely defend the creative commons approach, as I do not want to entertain the thought that financial motivation necessarily enhances the creation of music. Pain is a much better one.
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
 
8590 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:59 pm Re: Syntronik available now - Free version available too

I thought this was going to be a dud from some of the sound clips sounding very MIDIesque... Having downloaded and tried the free version, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised.

I like that you broke up the sections into 50 dollar/50 credit chunks. And can even upgrade to the full kit through gear credits too. Nice touch.

Hmm on the free version all of the CC values are not labeled as to what they modulate. It is just a long list.. CC1 CC2 CC3 kind of like BBC1 BBC2 BBC3 hehe

It would be nice if they came up 'OSC1 Pitch, OSC2 Pitch, Cutoff1, Res1, etc.
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
DarkStar
KVRAF
 
8287 posts since 2 Sep, 2003, from Surrey, UK

Postby DarkStar; Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:49 am Re: Syntronik available now - Free version available too

Where are you looking?

My understanding is that, by default, they do not modulate anything. There are a few assigned for Remote Control, but that's it.
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments