Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

1. Crash sounds like a driver issue. Any error codes, or crash logs? Never had that happen on Win 10 here.

2. You should probably report your arpeggio bugs to support. They are working on a maintenance/bug fix release.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

In The Mix wrote:Since I couldn't get anybody to respond to my thread in the official forum, maybe you guys here will have some ideas...
<snip>
I responded to your follow-up post/question about your ticket and since you had a ticket open (which is the right way to get an issue like this resolved and the IK Forum is not a medium for direct technical support) and users had not chimed in with suggestions. IK Support will be able to recreate and either fix directly or report to the developers if there are global issues. I would suggest continuing to work with IK Support and the issues you are having will get resolved. Thank you.

Peter,
I'm not looking for official technical support here so people could fix the crash issue for me. Like I said before, I haven't got any response with or without the ticket so far, and I'm simply trying other means to see if other Syntronik users experience similar crash issue in standalone mode. As for the rest of the questions, they simply point to the manual/software relationship and and CAN be discussed anywhere.... . This is not a "Death to IK Multimedia" chant at all. I like IK products and been using them forever.

So my questions still stand and any suggestions from Syntronik users are welcomed.
Last edited by In The Mix on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

zzz00m wrote:1. Crash sounds like a driver issue. Any error codes, or crash logs? Never had that happen on Win 10 here.

2. You should probably report your arpeggio bugs to support. They are working on a maintenance/bug fix release.
Yes it does sound like a driver issue, but the thing is i use the same driver for all other Soft-Synths that I have. Also I'm using the same driver with Pro Tools when I load Syntronik as a plug in. No error codes, but I'll look for crash logs and will add them to the open ticket.

I had another brand of softsynth that would crash on startup in standalone every time. But the plugin version would run ok.

Turned out the standalone app needed network firewall access both directions (in/out) to startup successfully. Opened it up, and problem solved. Still have a support ticket open on that one, so no answers yet.

Not trying to say that is what your problem could be, just that the answer might be in the last thing you would consider looking at. I turned over every stone to finally find my answer. Good luck!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Oh I know this isn't a "death to IK" thread :) I just wanted to let you know why other users might not have helped and why I focused on making sure the support ticket you mentioned over on our forum was being handled. Any way a problem can be solved is good... OK, I guess I should say almost any way...

I wonder if there could still be a driver issue but meaning something that is "tickling" an issue only when using Syntronik (or within Syntronik, or other possibilities related to that). Also, I doubt the firewall/network issue is what it is but I could be wrong. I'm glad to see more and more details getting added to the support ticket and hope it gets sorted quickly because even though I'm biased I do feel you could obviously be having a LOT more fun with Syntronik because it is great but also simply because it isn't working well for you now so having a working product is kind of the goal :) Let me know if you need anything from me, thanks!

zzz00m wrote:I had another brand of softsynth that would crash on startup in standalone every time. But the plugin version would run ok.

Turned out the standalone app needed network firewall access both directions (in/out) to startup successfully. Opened it up, and problem solved. Still have a support ticket open on that one, so no answers yet.

Not trying to say that is what your problem could be, just that the answer might be in the last thing you would consider looking at. I turned over every stone to finally find my answer. Good luck!
Thank you zzz00m. Yeah this is a weird one for sure. This particular desktop is my main workstation with a lot of horse power. I never upgraded the OS to Win 10 at the beginning as it takes a while with developers to catch up with the new OS and bugs and stuff....and ended up keeping 8.1 . Hopefully this issue can be fixed within the same OS.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Oh I know this isn't a "death to IK" thread :) I just wanted to let you know why other users might not have helped and why I focused on making sure the support ticket you mentioned over on our forum was being handled. Any way a problem can be solved is good... OK, I guess I should say almost any way...

I wonder if there could still be a driver issue but meaning something that is "tickling" an issue only when using Syntronik (or within Syntronik, or other possibilities related to that). Also, I doubt the firewall/network issue is what it is but I could be wrong. I'm glad to see more and more details getting added to the support ticket and hope it gets sorted quickly because even though I'm biased I do feel you could obviously be having a LOT more fun with Syntronik because it is great but also simply because it isn't working well for you now so having a working product is kind of the goal :) Let me know if you need anything from me, thanks!
Thank you Peter. You have a private message from me.

KeithAdv wrote:I'm another one who has both VV and Syntronik. (And I like them both).

I wonder if those of you who are comparing them are taking utility and IK's unique approach to the UI into account. The UVI Synths are designed, developed, and packaged independently. Nothing wrong with that--unless you want to get into combining and layering sounds. It's just a couple steps harder to do that in Falcon compared to Syntronik.

That's one of the Syntronik assets. IK clearly put a lot of thought into making it possible for you to work with ALL of the synths from a single interface. Combining, layering, coming up with very complex sounds is relatively easy because the user interface was obviously developed with that in mind from the start. Wouldn't it be swell if you could look at ALL the patches from ALL the VV synths at once? Demo sounds from multiple synths from the same patch list? Well, you can't. But with the Syntronik synths you can. Or just a few, or however many you'd like.

There are other things VV does well that Syntronik doesn't and vice versa, but this interface is pretty badass from a functionality perspective. I don't know of a faster way to build some really complex sounds.

I have UVI already vintage vault, sounds cold and static and rarely use that french crap, Syntronik (Designed in the 'Italy', like the best Giorgio "E=mc2" Moroder !!) sounds warm, wide, fat and organic, I love it, I made some OBx/Moog basses that move my walls really bad, Its awesome!, sounds analog, creamy and big as the best hardware, some limitations? yes, but who cares? 99% of the people out there, haven't hear that difference at all, listen that stupid song "Despacito' by Luis Fonsi, and you will find out. Syntronik rocks!! :phones:

For anyone who missed it, Ty Unwin sang its praises on Sonictalk this week:

https://youtu.be/c73BGmrF1xI?t=1h3m26s

I have to say that I was initially very skeptical, but I've been playing around with the free version for a few weeks and I'm really impressed by the sound overall. I spend a lot of time with hardware analog synths and syntronik really does have that analog vibe to my ears.

Closest thing to it that I already have is Wave Alchemy's Spectrum, which I also love - but it's not as "real" sounding as syntronik imo.

It's a pity IK did a "blind faith" pre-order deal rather than an introductory offer - but I'll certainly buy the full version if/when they do a decent offer on it again.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:For anyone who missed it, Ty Unwin sang its praises on Sonictalk this week:

https://youtu.be/c73BGmrF1xI?t=1h3m26s

I have to say that I was initially very skeptical, but I've been playing around with the free version for a few weeks and I'm really impressed by the sound overall. I spend a lot of time with hardware analog synths and syntronik really does have that analog vibe to my ears.

Closest thing to it that I already have is Wave Alchemy's Spectrum, which I also love - but it's not as "real" sounding as syntronik imo.

It's a pity IK did a "blind faith" pre-order deal rather than an introductory offer - but I'll certainly buy the full version if/when they do a decent offer on it again.
He says:
I think that the difference here is that they've sampled all of the different waveforms of the different synths.
What the f**k does he think other samples libraries do? If you're convinced that Ty knows what he's talking about, more power to you, and I'm not saying anything about Syntronik here. Some people will like it some people won't, but, that was as technical as my grandmother talking about her hearing aid.

Seriously, that seemed like an ad. And Ben Wilson talking about it by reading the web site and pontificating on how awesome the orange panel on the distortion effect was after admitting that he hadn't even downloaded it yet LOL!

I do think OneOfManyPauls is right about the analog vibe. There's something very well done about Syntronik, clearly a labor of love.

I do value Ty's experience with analog kit - if he says it sounds good to him then that counts for something to me, but it's not like I'm going to ignore what my own ears are telling me.

I don't get my technical information from an opinion piece on a podcast - sonictalk is many things, but if you watch it regularly you'll know it's not the font of all wisdom with regards to the technical side of things. It doesn't set out to be that..

OneOfManyPauls wrote:I do value Ty's experience with analog kit - if he says it sounds good to him then that counts for something to me, but it's not like I'm going to ignore what my own ears are telling me.

I don't get my technical information from an opinion piece on a podcast - sonictalk is many things, but if you watch it regularly you'll know it's not the font of all wisdom with regards to the technical side of things. It doesn't set out to be that..
If you value his input, then more power to you. I'm not really saying anything about accepting blind recommendations. I'm talking about his justification which was a bunch of nonsense, as were his claims. Particularly the silly assertion that if you can't make it sound like any analog sound that you want then it's on you. I'm paraphrasing here. He likes it fine, if someone likes what he likes because they have similar tastes, fine, that needs little justification. I have friends who recommend tracks or labels who say "just listen to this, it's good", and what they mean is that they like it and because we share tastes, more often than not I'll like it too so I trust their judgement. That's just a personal value judgement that we place on the tastes of others. Just don't think too hard about what Ty was saying because he likes it because he likes it, not because he knows what he's talking about.

To each his own, but when someone gives away that they aren't really knowledgeable about the technology then it's hard to know exactly why they actually like something. It could be because it's actually good, or, it could be because they are biased in one way or another, or, it could be because they are getting paid. I've learned to read Nick's level of excitement over the years. IMO, he's doing his job there.

Basically, they, all three of them, were just BSing about the product. The other dude's input had less value than almost anyone's opinion here on KVR. "Oh look, I'm looking at the website because I really don't know what the f**k you're talking about, but I want to say something that sounds intelligent, so I'll talk about how very similar the orange is to a Roland distortion, and oh yeah, later I'll download it and try it out.

when someone gives away that they aren't really knowledgeable about the technology then it's hard to know exactly why they actually like something.
You don't need to understand the technology to know if you like the sound of the thing or not.

Return to “Instruments”