Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
Saukar30
KVRian

900 posts since 2 Mar, 2005

Postby Saukar30; Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:17 am Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

This would be nice if i worked, but I can't assign Aftertouch to anything but the vibrato.

In the manual it says when I right-click a controller, go to MIDI assignments, there should be a place where I can edit my assignments but you can't. It's a blank space. The only time the assignment shows is if I select MIDI learn & turn a knob on my controller. Then that assignment shows on the page.

In the manual, it also states that we can double click where the MIDI CC# is to change it, which we can, but if you try to type in Aftertouch... no luck. It won't fit in the MIDI CC# field.

The effects are good BTW :tu:
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

5442 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:23 am Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

Saukar30 wrote:This would be nice if i worked, but I can't assign Aftertouch to anything but the vibrato.

In the manual it says when I right-click a controller, go to MIDI assignments, there should be a place where I can edit my assignments but you can't. It's a blank space. The only time the assignment shows is if I select MIDI learn & turn a knob on my controller. Then that assignment shows on the page.

In the manual, it also states that we can double click where the MIDI CC# is to change it, which we can, but if you try to type in Aftertouch... no luck. It won't fit in the MIDI CC# field.

The effects are good BTW :tu:

Aftertouch is working. The manual has been updated, in section 4.7.4 it states
At the bottom center of the MIDI Assignments Panel, you can choose whether the Vibrato LFO (pitch
modulation) will be controlled by the Mod Wheel or Aftertouch. Mod Wheel is the default setting.

Edit - section 4.5.2 (the section about setting speed of the vibrato) was also updated to mention you can assign aftertouch to vibrato. Note that Vib Rate is a separate LFO from the main LFO mentioned earlier in the manual, which is also covered in this section.
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
Saukar30
KVRian

900 posts since 2 Mar, 2005

Postby Saukar30; Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:39 am Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

Cool. Thanks for clearing that up so fast, Peter. Looks like I didn't read all the way through the manual.

And the MIDI Learn works for aftertouch as well, which is cool. I guess I'm just used to actually going in & change the parameters & assigning them myself versus touching the knobs & keys.

Glad IK came up with this. Since this is implemented in Syntronik, will it be in ST3 as well in the future?
mcbpete
KVRian

784 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England

Postby mcbpete; Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 am Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

Ooh nice - So is the 'midi learn' now able to be picked up by the DAW for easily assigning automation tracks rather than the previous method of having to have a hardware midi controller ?
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

5442 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:05 am Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

Saukar30 wrote:Cool. Thanks for clearing that up so fast, Peter. Looks like I didn't read all the way through the manual.

And the MIDI Learn works for aftertouch as well, which is cool. I guess I'm just used to actually going in & change the parameters & assigning them myself versus touching the knobs & keys.

Glad IK came up with this. Since this is implemented in Syntronik, will it be in ST3 as well in the future?

I am not shocked that an updated manual wouldn't be the first thing you gravitate to when updating audio software. I know it wouldn't be the first thing I did either! Update then play, oops yes then I suppose reading a boring manual comes later... :)

There will also be aftertouch implemented in SampleTank 3 soon.
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
zzz00m
KVRist

484 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:29 am Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

Cool update! Really like the quick FX bypass features in the multi. Plus adding aftertouch is a nice touch! Works great with MIDI learn! :tu:
Instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
DarkStar
KVRAF

8229 posts since 2 Sep, 2003, from Surrey, UK

Postby DarkStar; Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:07 am Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

mcbpete wrote:Ooh nice - So is the 'midi learn' now able to be picked up by the DAW for easily assigning automation tracks rather than the previous method of having to have a hardware midi controller ?

'Fraid not. 'MIDI learn' is exactly that - associating MIDI CC messages with a synth control. They are not plug-in parameters, so host automation is not used.
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...
OneOfManyPauls
KVRist

493 posts since 17 Jul, 2016, from Wales, UK

Postby OneOfManyPauls; Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:54 am Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

Am I missing something - using midi learn for aftertouch doesn't work like a performance control, it works like it's physically moving the knob - so when you release the aftertouch it means the knob is set to zero.
zzz00m
KVRist

Postby zzz00m; Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:01 pm Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

Aftertouch in Syntronik works best with vibrato so far as I can see. I also had some interesting experiments using it on resonance. I suppose any control that would reasonably begin at zero might be a good candidate. It would be nice if v1.2 lets you set a range to MIDI learn each control.

But the zero thingy can be annoying, especially with filter cutoff defaulting to zero... :roll:
Instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
OneOfManyPauls
KVRist

Postby OneOfManyPauls; Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:05 pm Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

yeah, first thing I tried was to filter and that boat don't float.
mcbpete
KVRian

784 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England

Postby mcbpete; Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:09 pm Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

DarkStar wrote:'Fraid not. 'MIDI learn' is exactly that - associating MIDI CC messages with a synth control. They are not plug-in parameters, so host automation is not used.
Daymnn, hope it eventually becomes a feature
braj
KVRAF

7953 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:27 pm Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

Just wow. So there is really no way to automate anything except by midi learn from a controller? When I tried to midi learn the second knob on my controller, it changed the preset! This is in Reaper, CC23.
zzz00m
KVRist

Postby zzz00m; Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:16 pm Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

braj wrote:Just wow. So there is really no way to automate anything except by midi learn from a controller? When I tried to midi learn the second knob on my controller, it changed the preset! This is in Reaper, CC23.

Try this! Worked for me!

I set the filter cutoff knob with a MIDI learn to CC 3 (used a rotary encoder on my controller that sends CC3).

Then set an automation lane active in my DAW for that MIDI track, and drew in a simple rise and fall pattern. Added CC 3 to that lane and looped a few bars. Didn't have to touch the encoder on my controller again, once it learned the MIDI CC.
OneOfManyPauls
KVRist

Postby OneOfManyPauls; Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:24 pm Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

don't need to use a hardware controller - can do that using something like cableguys midishaper, dialog audio modulation processor or the m4l lfo midi.

as a byproduct, those tools really help open up the modulation options in syntronik
braj
KVRAF

7953 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:49 pm Re: Syntronik [update: Version 1.1 Aftertouch, drag/drop FX, more] available - Free version available

But long story short, it takes a workaround for something so basic. At least Sampletank has the quick controls available. I would have expected it to be more robust. I saw rave reviews for this, and it confounds me none mentioned this.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments