Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

I'm not quite sure if I'm going to keep this or sell this. I'm happy with the arp but the sounds I don't know if they're worth the disk space. I have a lot of other synthesizers that can do more sonically than they can. The thing with samples is you're stuck with the ones that you don't want along with the ones that you like.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

How about for a future update: give more arp options, including a regular old up/down, the included one is actually down down/up up or something. And there seems to be plenty of room to fit all 32 steps without scrolling, but yet, you have to scroll. I was impressed at first, but kind of disappointed now in the arp after playing with it more.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:How about for a future update: give more arp options, including a regular old up/down, the included one is actually down down/up up or something. And there seems to be plenty of room to fit all 32 steps without scrolling, but yet, you have to scroll. I was impressed at first, but kind of disappointed now in the arp after playing with it more.
I'll let the team know about these requests (as well as getting the arpeggiator into SampleTank, which is a related request I hear quite a bit).

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
braj wrote:How about for a future update: give more arp options, including a regular old up/down, the included one is actually down down/up up or something. And there seems to be plenty of room to fit all 32 steps without scrolling, but yet, you have to scroll. I was impressed at first, but kind of disappointed now in the arp after playing with it more.
I'll let the team know about these requests (as well as getting the arpeggiator into SampleTank, which is a related request I hear quite a bit).
Thanks, yes, the arp in Sampletank would be dandy :) I'd love to use it with guitars and stuff.

braj wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Thanks, yes, the arp in Sampletank would be dandy :) I'd love to use it with guitars and stuff.
Cool, we've also had requests specifically for a strummer for the American Acoustic library and other guitar sounds in SampleTank which is related to this request (though the arp from Syntronik being ported over directly would likely be an easier first step).

For those interested, we are having a short Krazy Deal on Syntronik Pro-V: 50% off ($/€24.99)

How about this for a new free instrument for Syntronik?

"Station" a sample playback synth that plays your Sampletank content? Load any ST library, so we can use our Mellotrons and violins etc w along with the synths in our multis?

^^^
Syntronik instruments will load in ST3 (even the Custom Shop). And, I think that ST3 will get the Arpeggiator at some stage.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:^^^
Syntronik instruments will load in ST3 (even the Custom Shop). And, I think that ST3 will get the Arpeggiator at some stage.
Syntronik has the fancy keyboard split interface, it has the arp now, and adding a basic new module seems likely to be easier than revamping ST. I think that could be done while they work on ST4 or whatever.

Ok so i bought Galaxy last friday and after playing around 30 minutes or maybe hour i decided to ask for a refund. Since it was a weekend and time difference is around 8 hours while having some spare time decided to give it a go but more then 1 hour. Here is what i can say

Galaxy is a nice surprise and aswel big dissapointment. First i will start with the good.

1. Sound of the patches in general is really very very good
2. Round robin
3. 2nd Oscillator
4. Patches opens up a little bit when using Sampletank 3 because it gives more possibilities then Syntronik, more FX, 2 LFOs

now to the bad...

1. Syntronik - its buggy, feels unfinished, sound randomly cuts off.
2. Syntronik - its based on a Sampletank 3 but IKM added limitations on already limited engine. Ok, why make only 1 LFO available and less effects and just 4 parts when on ST3 you have 2 LFOs more fx and more parts is a mystery.
3. Patches. There was said that one of the Andromeda makers was making patches. Well he did good job on making Andromeda, but not a good job when programing patches for Syntronik. Most of presets are so uninspiring and dull it rather feels like those patches are templates for a starting point. A lot of patches are basicly same patches with small variation, different EQ, different filter setting. And this is the most important factor for me why i decided to ask for a refund (even i bought it on sale).

But all in all its not a bad product in general when its included in Syntronik, but as a standalone, its really not that good. I felt dissapointed even at a 17.99 eu i paid, because how patches are similar to each other what adds to that is the sound quality is not better then High end analog synth emulations like U-He Diva, U-He Ace, Repro and so on. I really think IKM should update Galaxy with Galaxy's multis only and make/add some cool inspiring/more complex patches out of the existing ones (since developers have the deeper access to the samples).

I found several of the Galaxy patches lacking too.. until I dug in, and found that many of the patches has their effects turned off, or partially off. Several of the other Syntronik instruments are similar, in that they've left the timbres fairly dry. Just my two cents... but the effects are a big part of Syntronik's timbre building. If you explored the effects though... maybe it's just not for you. Cheers -

Joe (back to ignoring my OB-6 tonight, while I jam on my ~ $90 Syntronik crossgrade) :)

jdoo wrote:I found several of the Galaxy patches lacking too.. until I dug in, and found that many of the patches has their effects turned off, or partially off. Several of the other Syntronik instruments are similar, in that they've left the timbres fairly dry. Just my two cents... but the effects are a big part of Syntronik's timbre building. If you explored the effects though... maybe it's just not for you. Cheers -

Joe (back to ignoring my OB-6 tonight, while I jam on my ~ $90 Syntronik crossgrade) :)
Yeah, I got mine for about $75 by buying bulk gear credits :) I don't think I would buy any individual packs at even the discounted rate by themselves, I just don't see that as a good deal, as by their nature the instruments are limited. But remembering my install process, I think the Galaxy had some of the most content. And though the amount of editing is certainly limited, I do think for what it is, it is all pretty good. But if you are wanting deep editing, this probably isn't the product for you. Personally I hope IK takes some cues from UVI's Falcon and really revamps Sampletank with a lot more power, that would make Syntronic a lot more valuable.

I also thought the 17 different UIs were gimmicky, but I actually like them now. I hope Sampletank 4 when it eventually comes out can have the option to display custom interfaces for synths while giving more control at the same time, like add a mod matrix at the bottom of the screen.

I'm really digging the effects section, I hope the next Sampletank has that layout, being able to see all the effects at once is a huge help and makes sculpting your sounds easy and fun.

jdoo wrote:I found several of the Galaxy patches lacking too.. until I dug in, and found that many of the patches has their effects turned off, or partially off. Several of the other Syntronik instruments are similar, in that they've left the timbres fairly dry. Just my two cents... but the effects are a big part of Syntronik's timbre building. If you explored the effects though... maybe it's just not for you. Cheers -

Indeed alot of effects are turned off and i think its intentional.

braj wrote:Yeah, I got mine for about $75 by buying bulk gear credits :) I don't think I would buy any individual packs at even the discounted rate by themselves, I just don't see that as a good deal, as by their nature the instruments are limited. But remembering my install process, I think the Galaxy had some of the most content. And though the amount of editing is certainly limited, I do think for what it is, it is all pretty good. But if you are wanting deep editing, this probably isn't the product for you. Personally I hope IK takes some cues from UVI's Falcon and really revamps Sampletank with a lot more power, that would make Syntronic a lot more valuable.

I also thought the 17 different UIs were gimmicky, but I actually like them now. I hope Sampletank 4 when it eventually comes out can have the option to display custom interfaces for synths while giving more control at the same time, like add a mod matrix at the bottom of the screen.
Wow if Galaxy has the most content i can only imagine how other instruments compare :D But i certainly see that having whole product instead of separate library alone paints a different view.
Its not about the editing for me or wanting to dig deeper, i mentioned that because of how patches are generic. If you make a product with so generic patches make at least effort not to sound them generic, or just create additional 128 patches, multis that would sound complex. I have bought libraries for Kontakt that i dont want to dig deeper and use presets only, and as example Heavyiocity does amazing job at that. And here the job has been really poor. You have a generic preset and its not even usable out of the box in most of the cases.

Return to “Instruments”