Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
Burillo
KVRAF

2727 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:55 am Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

well, some people would like that, limitations and all. i can't program synths if my life depended on it (the most i can muster is simple subtractive sounds - that's as far as i understand synth theory), and i don't plan on changing that as i don't use synths that much in the first place. so a product like UVI sample libraries or Syntronik is right up my alley whenever i need a sound that's out of my depth, but couldn't be arsed to learn how to program it, or when i need a "quick" sound for a mock up. there are limitations, true. but there's a market for Syntronik nevertheless. same market as SampleTank, actually, as i use that one for the same reasons - quick mockups.
From Russia with love
Examigan
KVRAF

4096 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:29 am Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

robotmonkey wrote:
Burillo wrote:but a sample-based UVI-esque synth sample library.

Exactly this. UVI has not sampled oscillators but full sounds. I would not even call it ROMpler but a a sampled instruments library. UVI libraries are quite limited in what you can do with them. What Syntronik seems to add is a modeled filter. But it's still a sampled sounds library with no access to raw oscillators.

What about the UVI UltraMini? "We started with the beautiful 1971 model, sampling every waveform of every oscillator across every key - and we did this for multiple overdrive settings."
Bump1
KVRist

215 posts since 3 Oct, 2009

Postby Bump1; Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:40 am Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

UVI doesn't cripple the synthesis engine like IK does. IK should follow UVI's lead

This is because UVI has a flagship (Falcon) that is an insanely powerful synthesis engine. So their pared down offerings, that are powered by the Falcon engine, are totally understandable. iK, OTOH, doesn't even have a flagship they can upgrade you into. But they can definitely crossgrade you. This is becoming their model.

If anything, Omnisphere 2 is a direct comparison...kinda. And this whoops Omni in one facet only. And that is price. Oh, and hard drive space...or eating your HD space rather.
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

3769 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:52 am Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

I am shocked, shocked to find this is a sample library. Why did no-one tell us (repeatedly for several months)?
spacekid
KVRian

970 posts since 12 Sep, 2005

Postby spacekid; Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:35 am Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

Gamma-UT wrote:I am shocked, shocked to find this is a sample library. Why did no-one tell us (repeatedly for several months)?

I can't tell if that's sarcasm, but I took the hint from 'plays in Sampletank' and I'm fine with what it is.
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

5442 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:47 am Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

DocAtlas wrote:Since my main interest is in using the Syntronik content in Sampletank 3, my question to Peter is, will the update to ST3 also be available on the 20th, or will it show up in our accounts later?

I can certainly play with the new content in the Syntronik interfaces, but I think for me it'll be nice using it with the editing features Sampletank offers, as well as using it all within one interface. (The Syntronik interfaces look good, but I don't really need to have more than one, so viewing this product as an ST3 expansion is how I'm looking at it.)

I'm told that SampleTank will be updated and available at the same time as Syntronik.
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
LGK_Dude
KVRian

894 posts since 30 Dec, 2005

Postby LGK_Dude; Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:39 pm Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

LGK_Dude wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Also, we have six days (well technically a bit less than that) left to go before the preorder pricing on Syntronik is no longer available so if you are on the fence, it is getting closer to the point of no return.

And I'm still waiting for a walk through video showing how to modify / create a patch from scratch. i believe you mentioned in this thread that a video like that would be uploaded before the presale ends. Is that still the plan?

??? :pray:
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9799 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:24 am Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

LGK_Dude wrote:
LGK_Dude wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Also, we have six days (well technically a bit less than that) left to go before the preorder pricing on Syntronik is no longer available so if you are on the fence, it is getting closer to the point of no return.

And I'm still waiting for a walk through video showing how to modify / create a patch from scratch. i believe you mentioned in this thread that a video like that would be uploaded before the presale ends. Is that still the plan?

There were two "demo" videos released which, as far as I could tell, were really just more video trailer only "focused" on the user interfaces of the "models." Given that there are two days before release, I wouldn't hold my breath.
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9799 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:25 am Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

...dup...
Last edited by ghettosynth on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:28 am Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

LGK_Dude wrote:
LGK_Dude wrote:

The two most recent videos are not meant to be walkthrough videos, as they do not serve that function, and at this time it does not appear likely to have a walkthrough video prior to release. The materials currently available will need to serve as the basis for a decision whether to place an order at the preorder pricing before the price goes up to the normal pricing on July 20th 2017. Thank you.

Edit - Also, I did express that this was disappointing to many here and on other forums, etc, internally. So, while disappointing in scope of the Syntronik release for those who wanted a walkthrough video, at least it will be on the radar for upcoming products that may be in preorder in the future. Thank you.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
Bump1
KVRist

215 posts since 3 Oct, 2009

Postby Bump1; Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:20 am Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

Jeez Peter, it must be tough towing the company line sometimes. I know I couldn't do it.

Don't want to beat the dead horse anymore. But if it facilitates the passion of the team over there...pass along that Im willing to drop upwards of $400 for a nice suite of the modeled engines of the synths listed. Not sure how alone I am in that line of thought.

But maybe you guys already did some focus groups and this preset machine was the biggest common denominator.
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:43 am Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

Bump1 wrote:Jeez Peter, it must be tough towing the company line sometimes. I know I couldn't do it.

Don't want to beat the dead horse anymore. But if it facilitates the passion of the team over there...pass along that Im willing to drop upwards of $400 for a nice suite of the modeled engines of the synths listed. Not sure how alone I am in that line of thought.

But maybe you guys already did some focus groups and this preset machine was the biggest common denominator.

Will do, thank you for letting me know and also for that first line :)

Numanoid
Suspended

Postby Numanoid; Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:12 am Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

50GB download :o

I hope IKM has got enough bandwidth come Thursday...
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:14 pm Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

Numanoid wrote:50GB download :o

I hope IKM has got enough bandwidth come Thursday...

We have been working with our CDN to try our best to make this a smooth experience for all, making sure all of the ducks are in a row with regard to global distribution, caching, etc.

Also, although this is not a walkthrough video we didn't expect to have this finished pre-release but it was just posted on the IK YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxXfYK_lbZo

DocAtlas
KVRian

945 posts since 10 Jan, 2006, from Pittsburgh

Postby DocAtlas; Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:02 pm Re: Syntronik release date announced [was "Something's cooking at IK..."]

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
DocAtlas wrote:Since my main interest is in using the Syntronik content in Sampletank 3, my question to Peter is, will the update to ST3 also be available on the 20th, or will it show up in our accounts later?

I can certainly play with the new content in the Syntronik interfaces, but I think for me it'll be nice using it with the editing features Sampletank offers, as well as using it all within one interface. (The Syntronik interfaces look good, but I don't really need to have more than one, so viewing this product as an ST3 expansion is how I'm looking at it.)

I'm told that SampleTank will be updated and available at the same time as Syntronik.

Thanks for the quick reply. The only downer I can see is that Syntronik and the ST3 update won't be available until about an hour after I leave for work Thursday. :-(

I recommend that anyone still on the fence about this product watch both of the Jordan Rudess videos on IK's YouTube channel. Love him or hate him, the first video gives a good overview of the features, and the second shows off more patches, in a very different musical style, than previous videos have presented. If I had been on the fence before, these vids would have convinced me to buy it.
:?
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments