Audjoo Helix- still sounds great

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Loaded up Audjoo Helix after several years and wow. This synth still sounds, in my opinion, outstanding!* I recommend giving it a listen if you haven't already!

(* Unsolicited and not affiliated with Audjoo)

GUI complaints in 5, 4, 3...
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

brotherjake wrote:Loaded up Audjoo Helix after several years and wow. This synth still sounds, in my opinion, outstanding!* I recommend giving it a listen if you haven't already!

(* Unsolicited and not affiliated with Audjoo)
Yeah, sounds great. Now if only they'd update the GUI so I could use it.

Thought about that i was hoping i was allowed to sell it this afternoon. I really don't use it, and it only catches virtual dust here. It's a shame that some devs still don't allow the resale of their software. I'm sure it could make someone else happy.

Zexila wrote:GUI complaints in 5, 4, 3...
:lol:
It has a well-organised GUI. Here's a 2015 review:
http://soundbytesmag.net/audjoohelix/
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Zexila wrote:GUI complaints in 5, 4, 3...
yup. its a good preset synth........
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

The GUI is... ok. I can understand why one would not like it though. Many controls and inscriptions are pretty tiny, and it has that big slider in the middle, which always captures the active/focused control, which is a thing you have to get used to. Also, filter envelope should be hardwired IMO. Sound wise, well. It's pretty good. But, frankly, i believe it could use some more oversampling (i guess?), and some updated filters. At least, i don't think i'd miss it really, if i sold it, because i feel like i have some synths which can do what it does in higher quality. I would say it's more or less on one level with Sylenth1, in regards of the raw oscillator, and unison sound. But, Sylenth1 for me has the edge on filters and envelopes. And that's just comparing 2007 synths.

Anyway, surely not a bad synth, but, as i mentioned, would part with it if i could. Maybe i'll sent the dev a message again, and ask if he changed his mind in the meantime. Not sure where the issue with license transfers is. Takes about 5 minutes or so.

re: licence transfer...
You might remind the developer that it is illegal to prevent licence transfers in the EU...

http://www.computerworld.com/article/25 ... nline.html

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120 ... cant.shtml

... though I doubt it will do any good.

layzer wrote:
yup. its a good preset synth........
Indeed, and several good ones.

I know next to nothing regarding synthesis, but the sound is somehow different than other vsts employing the same kind of synthesis- especially the pads!

Googly Smythe wrote:re: licence transfer...
You might remind the developer that it is illegal to prevent licence transfers in the EU...

http://www.computerworld.com/article/25 ... nline.html

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120 ... cant.shtml

... though I doubt it will do any good.
I think i'll just drop him a message if he has changed his mind in the meantime. Frankly, i'm not a big fan of the general allowance of license transfers no matter what anyway. For example, forcing Microsoft to allow the resale of volume licenses is pretty ridiculous, because it completely defeats the whole purpose of discounted volume licenses (and what will ultimately happen is probably that volume licenses will deisappear).

Anyway, don't feel like discussing this for the hundredth time. I'll just ask, and see what Jonas (the dev) says. :)

A really good sounding synth that I never use.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:A really good sounding synth that I never use.
Yep. :D

Apostate wrote:A really good sounding synth that I never use.
So you going to fire it up then?

Funny, I brought it up in a "cheap and low cost/CPU plugin synths that sound good" conversion last week. It does still sound good, and in comparison to Sylenth1, it's 10x the synth before you even hit the filter.

The UI has always been a bit of a mess. It's trying to do a lot in a small, cramped space and look futuristic at the same time. It's not really intuitive, so be prepared to crack the manual. Once you get a feel for it, it's worth the effort. It's really a shame the developer abandoned it. Lots of talent there.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Shame Jonas gave up with this.. Though I think I remember seeing this being pirated as hell when it came out so no wonder if there's no cashflow..

Nice move to drop the price though :tu: Maybe I'll buy this and hope that he'd come back one day and update it to this day :pray:

Return to “Instruments”