One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VOTED :hyper:
All you guys are amazing :tu: :hug:
Thanks Taron for this great synth :clap:

Voted :party: :party:

Voted.

bjporter wrote:Voted :party: :party:
Any contingency about what to do if/when Soundcloud goes under? Would you move to another sharing platform? If so, any ideas which would suit our uses - and still be free? Would be a shame if this wonderful challenge went down with the Soundcloud sinking ship. :(

dB

PS I know it seems like nasty rumour - but the trouble is, once the rumours start, they have a habit of becoming reality. So far it seems they have gained some extra funding for a year, and the creator/owner has posted a blog to this effect

https://blog.soundcloud.com/2017/07/14/ ... e-to-stay/

I think it's not the first time SoundCloud is having such situation. The problem is that only few feel necessary to have pro plan and only few of them feel it's worth to enable tracks for "pro listeners only". (it means even less motivation for the rest) Basically only artists under big labels does that because they are good established anyway, but then again they are covered in spotify, deezer etc.

I think that SoundCloud is going to be fine, but something will change in their business model.

I don't even know whether there are any free audio hosting services with such commenting function. :shrug:
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

That's partially why I became a pro user, but mostly actually because of the OSC. I realized that only pro can update songs without having to delete old versions and post a new one instead. Thus...OSC mixed with laziness mixed with gratefulness = pro account! :lol:
I'd be not only sad but actually kinda pissed, if SC was gonna shut down, but I just don't think this will happen. It's too solid and too popular to fail anytime soon.
Since it's really only a few bucks, I also keep recommending to get a pro account, if you don't already have one. Considering what most are willing to spend this much and more money for, they could for once decide to spend it on something actually meaningful! :tu:

I've been a Soundcloud Pro Unlimited user since April 9, 2016. I have 582 tracks posted and 273 followers.

If Soundcloud went under, I would be devastated. I have no idea where I would go to post all my sound library demos. Forget how much time it would take to put everything back up on the Internet.

This is the first I'm hearing about this. I know I live under a rock, but wouldn't you think Soundcloud would notify their Pro Unlimited accounts that they might not be around much longer?

wagtunes wrote:...If Soundcloud went under, I would be devastated. I have no idea where I would go to post all my sound library demos. Forget how much time it would take to put everything back up on the Internet...
May be have a look at this.
https://www.adsrsounds.com/news/backup- ... -websites/

nordickvr wrote:
wagtunes wrote:...If Soundcloud went under, I would be devastated. I have no idea where I would go to post all my sound library demos. Forget how much time it would take to put everything back up on the Internet...
Okay, I don't see how this helps me one little bit. I went to the first site and signed up and all it does is give you a list of all your Soundcloud tracks with instructions to click on each one to download.

How does this save me any time? I still have the original tracks on the PC. I'm still going to have to manually upload each and every one of them one track at a time to whatever new platform I go to.

Wag, you could've just said: "Thanks, nordickvr, that's kind of you to think of a good suggestion for me! I do still have the originals, thus this isn't really my problem. I will have to upload everything to some other place and go through all those embedding and linking troubles..., but thanks again!"

I'm sure that's what you've really meant, yes? ;)

I'm on soundclick and reverbnation as well, which are decent sites that have stood their ground for a long time. I am, however, also sure that Soundcloud won't go anywhere! It'll all be good! :tu:

wagtunes wrote:
nordickvr wrote:
Okay, I don't see how this helps me one little bit. I went to the first site and signed up and all it does is give you a list of all your Soundcloud tracks with instructions to click on each one to download.

How does this save me any time? I still have the original tracks on the PC. I'm still going to have to manually upload each and every one of them one track at a time to whatever new platform I go to.
I didn't personally use it.
Just came across it this morning and thought it could'v been of some help.
May be continuing this conversation over here <viewtopic.php?p=6830776> so we won't derail this thread anymore.
Taron wrote:...I'm on soundclick and reverbnation as well, which are decent sites that have stood their ground for a long time. I am, however, also sure that Soundcloud won't go anywhere! It'll all be good! :tu:
Thanks, I'll have a look at it.

Voted!

Taron wrote:Wag, you could've just said: "Thanks, nordickvr, that's kind of you to think of a good suggestion for me! I do still have the originals, thus this isn't really my problem. I will have to upload everything to some other place and go through all those embedding and linking troubles..., but thanks again!"

I'm sure that's what you've really meant, yes? ;)

I'm on soundclick and reverbnation as well, which are decent sites that have stood their ground for a long time. I am, however, also sure that Soundcloud won't go anywhere! It'll all be good! :tu:
My bad, but I'm having a panic attack right now. If Soundcloud goes under you have no clue what kind of a nightmare it will be for me and my business. So what I need right now are REAL solutions and not "I just stumbled on this today, maybe it'll help" advice. If somebody knows an actual solution that's been tested and solid, even if it's not free, THAT'S what I want to know about.

Now I have to start planning for the future which means taking my sales pages, one at a time, and modifying them for a new platform that I'm going to simply have to sign up with now as a backup plan. That way, when Soundcloud actually bites the dust, all I have to do is upload the new sales pages, overwriting the old ones.

This is about the worst news, business wise, that I could have gotten today.

So forgive me if I'm more than a little on edge.

You wouldn't be anymore calmer if your livelihood depended on Soundcloud.

I say give it a few months and see what further announcements come. They apparently have enough cash to at least last until q4 and a lot can happen between now and then.

Sounds like the management has lost its way with overreaching strategies and lavish spending. Perhaps someone will buy them or perhaps they will regain their original focus.

I hope they find more ways of monetizing without losing focus on the core mission to enable user created content. I don't mind paying a bit - I pay for the premium account because I like the extra perks and I want the platform to survive.

I would make sure I have backups in the mean time.

Anyway, nordickvr already gave the hint, please follow it here:
viewtopic.php?p=6830776

Return to “Instruments”