Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
eraze the borders
KVRist

97 posts since 4 Apr, 2012, from Berlin, Germany

Postby eraze the borders; Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:41 am Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs by Taron (Voting Open!)

I have......voted! :hyper:

Thanks for a really interesting month everyone! :tu:

And thank you for this indeed nice virtual instrument Taron! :clap:
Failure is success in progress.
AlienXXX
KVRist

120 posts since 5 Nov, 2009

Postby AlienXXX; Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:49 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs by Taron (Voting Open!)

Voted.
jmqjmq
KVRist

35 posts since 14 Nov, 2013

Postby jmqjmq; Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:51 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs by Taron (Voting Open!)

voted, thanks all for the comments, and nice job on the synth (and your track this month), Taron.
] Peter:H [
KVRist

265 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby ] Peter:H [; Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:47 am Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs by Taron (Voting Open!)

About soundcloud trouble.
At least for OSC it could be a potential option until something better has been found to switch to
http://hearthis.at but it seems less frequented up until now.
It would offer support for the OSC use cases
1.) User wants to post a submission to the public.
2.) User wants to comment on other submissions.

I have an account over there since quite a while, but only for checking things out. May be a lot of users will switch over to hearthis? (https://hearthis.at/peter-h/)
bjporter
KVRAF

2531 posts since 18 Dec, 2010, from North America

Postby bjporter; Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:34 am Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs by Taron (Voting Closed)

Final Results: Taron wins!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1st Taron - Mass - 159pts

2nd The Five Assed Monkey - Winterspring - 157pts

3rd DoctorBob - Reflective Mood - 146pts

4th Bh9090 - Einföld Byggja - 145pts

5th Armagibbon - KVROSC 062017 (Blame Taron Mix) - 144pts

6 Generaldiomedes - Horizons 143 pts
7 asi4 - Eastern Driving 142 pts
8 jmqjmq - Tangerine Spring 142 pts
9 zarf - stars n faeries n forrests n stuff 139 pts
10 bjporter - star trails 137 pts
11 PeterH - Inbetween Two Thoughts Blue Glowing Man Lost His Sence Of Position In Space 135 pts
12 Frostline - Seclusion 131 pts
13 Yeager - Aliens In The Mist (Xylo Phone Home) 131 pts
14 Richard Semper - Spring Your Own Song 131 pts
15 mehum - Spring Cleaning 131 pts
16 eraze the borders - Made for Movie Scenes 129 pts
17 sfiks - Waltz of the Lord of the Springs 124 pts
18 Medniex - Let's Make Love On The Pogo Stick 124 pts
19 Mark Edwards Sounds - Vodka Resonance 122 pts
20 Aluode - Abandoned Bamboo Shack 121 pts
21 Jovexli - Koju 119 pts
22 TrojakEW - I'm The Boss 119 pts
23 BaaliSoda - Tropical Dream 118 pts
24 JKFlashico - Last Train 113 pts
25 AO - Rodeo One 112 pts
26 eauson - Lack Of Technical Supervision 111 pts
27 Julian Ray - Northern Lights 110 pts
28 574x - For Your Listening Pleasure 108 pts
29 Gravity Gas - Twilight Area 107 pts
30 d34dmeat - Dog Stars 106 pts
31 nickamandote - Drumming (Dr. Bunny Mix) 103 pts
32 Darksynth FX - Going Slow 102 pts
33 AlienXXX - Chills Of A Nightmare 2 100 pts
34 BDave - River 3 97 pts
35 Wagtunes - Drunk On My Ass 81 pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize and specify whether or not you give permission to upload your track to our spotify/itunes/etc page run by rghvdberg (Sales would go to osc/prize pool), and pass it on to the next top fiver. To receive the prize, it will take some days (sometimes a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: If you don't want prize, it will be passed to the next person down (but not below #5), thank you :)

Awesome Months!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =894067430
nickamandote
KVRist

397 posts since 24 Nov, 2012

Postby nickamandote; Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:39 am Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs (Taron Wins!)

Congrats to the winners!

Pretty disappointed of my result, I thought it was a really fun song... well anyway, congrats everyone again!
Last edited by nickamandote on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
generaldiomedes
KVRist

164 posts since 14 Apr, 2017

Postby generaldiomedes; Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:43 am Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs (Taron Wins!)

Again, reminded just how good you have to be to crack the top 5. Congrats to the winners!

A couple of surprises here and there, but no surprise Taron came out on top, pro quality tune from beginning to end.

Now just tell us about all the hidden parameters in LoTS :)
Last edited by generaldiomedes on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
doctorbob
KVRian

851 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Postby doctorbob; Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:52 am Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs (Taron Wins!)

Congrats Taron! Pleased you validated your great VSTi! And yes, please tell about the hidden parameters, or at least what your V3 LotS has in it!! Hehe! Just kiddin' man - great track. Well done, polished sound all round.

Well done everyone else too - and so many thanks to anyone who voted me a high mark.

dB
Taron
KVRAF

1984 posts since 17 Apr, 2010, from Croatia

Postby Taron; Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:06 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs (Taron Wins!)

Ah fer christ... :dog:
Now, I'm not sure, if I should celebrate this result or be ashamed! :shrug: :oops:
Danged...

Well, thank you all very much and thank you for putting up with Lord of the Springs, considering that it is likely in the top three most unlikely VSTs to make an entire song with. Yet, many of you have mastered it either way and even those, who went far outside all the boxes, still made my day and filled me with pride!
Above all, though, I want to and really have to thank BJ for putting me up to this. BJ, it's not enough that you take care of this crazy bunch we are, organize all it takes to make these OSCs happen and spend precious time on keeping things rolling, you also are the most generous and supportive- still fairly young- human being I know of and probably don't know how much hope you're giving me, that all I do is really worth it. No matter what may come, I find you to be a light...and, uhm, a delight, too! :) :hug:
In honor of your support, I will resume tackling the mac version and hopefully will manage to make some more synths, actually tailored for the OSC specifically.
LotS was not meant for the OSC originally. In fact, I had started a different synth for that purpose, but I didn't know as much then as I know now...yet, that's still not quite enough, but I'm working on it.
HOWEVER, the additions I had to pack on really made LotS a whole lot more exciting and it made me explore things more carefully, that I previously hadn't dared touching.
Big credits to those of you, who helped me quite directly, starting with Luigi, who unfortunately didn't participate, but behind the scenes gave me such great advice and more. Then aciddose, who was the biggest surprise to me, since he came out of nowhere and gave me information that really, really have a lasting impact on everything I do from here! And, yes, yes, imagine this: Frostline! Whose outrage and frustration gave me a beautiful chance to rethink certain challenges and actually develop some fairly significant improvements. Special thanks to Armagibbon for his tremendous encouragement and motivating powers! You've lifted me up at a completely perfect moment, thanks, mate! :tu:
Peter, thanks for your advice and your care, too. I think, even while you're a bit rough around the edges, you genuinely care to help and offer help with conviction! Knowing you a bit more makes this much clearer and also much easier to stomach! ;) :tu:
All this is just from the top of my head right now, but give me a little longer and I will find a reason to thank each of you, including wag, who hopefully knows that his last place is really just a parting gift with my personal hopes that you, wag, know it's to be taken with humor.
Once more, though, every single "thank you" from you gave me a jolt of happiness. All I want to say is THANK YOU to you!

The Future of Lord of the Springs V2.x.x:
- more modulation possibilities
- improved and potentially additional effects
- possibly reorganized GUI, but I rather do some really nice tutorials and a proper manual so you guys can see why this not only makes sense, but is also most convenient for how you would program LotS!
- much improved preset management

And the cliffhanger for Lord of the Springs V3:
- "The return of the String" :violin: :harp:
Last edited by Taron on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taron
KVRAF

1984 posts since 17 Apr, 2010, from Croatia

Postby Taron; Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:13 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs (Taron Wins!)

Uh, prices...uhm...I take Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions
THANK YOU! 8)

Also, I do give my permission for spotify!
I'd also like to ask some of you to allow me to showcase your songs on the LotS website. I will PM you then! :clap:
rghvdberg
KVRian

636 posts since 11 Mar, 2014, from Netherlands

Postby rghvdberg; Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:52 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs (Taron Wins!)

A quick congrats to the winners !!
I'll contact you soon about the opt-in for uploading to spotify :-)
prepare your songs in either 320kb/s mp3 or 16 bit 44.1 khz wav
wagtunes
KVRAF

9123 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:55 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs (Taron Wins!)

Congrats to the winners and thank you for finally giving me my rightful place at the bottom of the list.

I can now retire in peace.
AlienXXX
KVRist

120 posts since 5 Nov, 2009

Postby AlienXXX; Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:20 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs (Taron Wins!)

@wagtunes
I was surprised. Really liked your song. I guess one can never please everyone :wink:

@Taron
Really well deserved !
If you are taking requests - consider an effect version of LoTS, where you can feed any sound input to its tuned springs. A bit like a modelled spring reverb on steroids, I guess :D

@ Everyone
Great tunes. Voting was really difficult. There are some really masterpieces there !
Julian Ray
KVRist

459 posts since 4 Mar, 2009, from CANADA

Postby Julian Ray; Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:26 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs (Taron Wins!)

Congrats to the winners !
| Music | Sound | Visual |
wagtunes
KVRAF

9123 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:29 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs (Taron Wins!)

AlienXXX wrote:@wagtunes
I was surprised. Really liked your song. I guess one can never please everyone :wink:

@Taron
Really well deserved !
If you are taking requests - consider an effect version of LoTS, where you can feed any sound input to its tuned springs. A bit like a modelled spring reverb on steroids, I guess :D

@ Everyone
Great tunes. Voting was really difficult. There are some really masterpieces there !

I specifically came to the thread and asked everybody to give me a 1 because I put absolutely zero effort into this and a 1 was what I deserved. So it's nice to see that people recognized this and respected my wishes.

Last place was the only thing missing from my woeful OSC history.

Now I finally have that.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments