One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

] Peter:H [ wrote:About soundcloud trouble.
At least for OSC it could be a potential option until something better has been found to switch to
http://hearthis.at
From an old posting of mine in 2014. Seems nothing has changed since then:
I wrote:Some time ago I signed up at hearthis.at only to discover that with an upload you give all the rights to your music into their hands. When I asked for a reason to this license policy they returned that this would be the only way to avoid legal hassle and they begged me to trust them - which I didn't. In my opinion you are giving them carte blanche if you upload anything on their site. I will never do it.
hearthis.at in their terms of use wrote:Grant of Rights. You shall retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions. However, by submitting User Submissions to hearthis.at, you hereby grant hearthis.at and its affiliates a non-exclusive, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, and transferable license, throughout the universe, to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise exploit your User Submissions in connection with the hearthis.at Platform, including, without limitation, for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Platform (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You hereby grant hearthis.at and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such User Submission if they choose to do so. You hereby irrevocably waive (and cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Submissions. You also hereby grant to each user of the Platform a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Platform, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform such User Submissions as permitted by the functionality of the Platform and these Terms & Conditions.
Notice the words "perpetual" and "irrevocable" in connection with any future "sublicensee" of hearthis.at. Crazy!
Also compare it to SoundCloud's Terms of Use and you will see the difference.
Apart from that — congrats to the winners!
Have a nice day
Ruedi

asi4 wrote:My congratulations to the winners and all participants!
For me the vote was very difficult due to the large number of good tracks.
Unfortunately, some cool tracks were not even in the top ten. I really liked the tracks by Mark Edwards Sounds, Peter H., eraze the borders and Generaldiomedes.
Thanks asi4...that's good to read. Actually I have your track, eraze the borders and that of the General also in my top ten...similar taste it seems ;-) Thanks again.
And congratulations to the winners...

RuediRena wrote:
At least for OSC it could be a potential option until something better has been found to switch to
I wrote:Some time ago I signed up at hearthis.at only to discover that with an upload you give all the rights to your music into their hands. When I asked for a reason to this license policy they returned that this would be the only way to avoid legal hassle and they begged me to trust them - which I didn't. In my opinion you are giving them carte blanche if you upload anything on their site. I will never do it.
hearthis.at in their terms of use wrote:Grant of Rights. You shall retain a ...
Notice the words "perpetual" and "irrevocable" in connection with any future "sublicensee" of hearthis.at. Crazy!
Oh, damn, what a crap! Good you shared that informaton. I'm sorry that I have brought this "platform" up...

Having a look at Orfium music site ... looks promising ...

dB

Wow Im pleasantly surprised. so close.. :) I never expected to get this far.
Thanks for the votes Im glad people like my track.
Big thanks to Tron for giving us the pleasure to play with his cool synth!
Many congrats Taron, other winners and everyone participated.

I'd like a go with Synthmaster. Looks like a killer synth! :)

PS I give my permission for Spotify and LotS website.
Thanks again and see you in OSC #101…
Peace.

doctorbob wrote:Having a look at Orfium music site ... looks promising ...

dB
Didn't know the site. A close look at their terms of use though reveals a word to word copy of hearthis.at. See section "3.2 License" of https://www.orfium.com/terms-of-use/ WTF! :eek: :-x

Congratulations to all winners!

Also thank you all for your generous votes despite my silly approach :D Although my rank stacks pretty much in the middle it's my highest so far and I feel really proud about that.

I really liked this VST and I'll definitely use it for my future creations. Also I think it's really cool that Taron won this month not only because he deserved by making it so unique but also because he had the most difficult position out of us all. I mean all the debugging, explaining and taking in consideration all the critique. In my opinion it even overcomes advantage of using his own synth.
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

Wo shit I'm on a list and I didn't even piss anyone off! Not badly anyway...
Wasn't expecting to qualify. Yall are too kind

Grats to everyone! Been a good time rollin with yall

@Ruedi - yes I did see the terms were almost identical - my reading though is that with reference to "your user content", you give them permission to "broadcast" it as they see fit on their platform. The bit I didn't like too much was that they could amalgamate your content with other content - so I guess they are thinking about e.g. a "easy listening" stream where they bring together content from loads of artists - and you have no control over this at all. But all in all, it's not a bad site, just perhaps they have dodgey business ethics - who knows how to sort the legal gobbledygook!

Seems we have quite a good deal with Soundcloud, even with the shortcomings. Hope it stays ... but then,
IUMA and many early "mp3.com styled" sites bit the dust. Probably the same will happen with many of the sites which offer streaming services.

dB

Oh yes, prize ...

Can I please have "Synthmaster ONE" ...

Thanks

dB

Kinda sad trojakew didn't get up in there. Love that perc. Peterh medniex and zarf got some kickass sounds too...

Congrats to the well deserved winners :tu:

There were some really nice tunes. Like Taron I especially enjoyed zarf's song - so beautiful! :love:
asi4 wrote:My congratulations to the winners and all participants!
For me the vote was very difficult due to the large number of good tracks.
Unfortunately, some cool tracks were not even in the top ten. I really liked the tracks by Mark Edwards Sounds, Peter H., eraze the borders and Generaldiomedes.
Thank you so much! :hug:
Failure is success in progress.

] Peter:H [ wrote:
RuediRena wrote:
hearthis.at in their terms of use wrote:Grant of Rights. You shall retain a ...
Oh, damn, what a crap! Good you shared that informaton. I'm sorry that I have brought this "platform" up...
Dunno if this is the right place to discuss but soundcloud's got trouble...
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ndependent

Bad trouble. Should open a new topic somewhere?

Thanks all! I always appreciate the comments and listens. Great job to everyone. :clap:

(I'll pass on prize when it gets to me)

You're gonna pass? Could at least grab a satyatunes skin, spice up your rig.

Guess if it's my turn I'll go for one of the synths. Diversion if that isn't picked yet.

Return to “Instruments”