Lord of the Springs v2- The New Powers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lord of the Springs

What is this voodoo magic? :shock:
I assume the old in "_MM_SET_FLUSH_ZERO_MODE(old);" is meant to say old_mode like so:"_MM_SET_FLUSH_ZERO_MODE(old_mode);"
But I have never seen this and HAVE ALWAYS ASKED MYSELF whether something like this exists and why not?! :lol:
You're blowing my mind, aciddose, my mind is flipping blown. :dog: ...awesome! :hyper:

I'll give it a go for sure! Unthinkable how many branches this would take off. :o

Well, this is quite a revelation. Thank you! :hug:
I know what my day tomorrow will look like... :wheee:

opps, yeah. I tried to rename all the "old" to "old_mode" to make it clearer since my code was a little rough. Easy enough to figure out what it's trying to do though I hope!

Yeah for ages my code used stupid tricks to deal with denormals and I knew for a long time you could handle it with assembly but didn't know around 2008 they actually had intrinsics with the intel compiler, although not widely supported.

These days that stuff is supported in nearly every compiler. 'Bout time though.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Taron wrote:What is this voodoo magic? :shock:
I assume the old in "_MM_SET_FLUSH_ZERO_MODE(old);" is meant to say old_mode like so:"_MM_SET_FLUSH_ZERO_MODE(old_mode);"
But I have never seen this and HAVE ALWAYS ASKED MYSELF whether something like this exists and why not?! :lol:
You're blowing my mind, aciddose, my mind is flipping blown. :dog: ...awesome! :hyper:

I'll give it a go for sure! Unthinkable how many branches this would take off. :o

Taron, does this suggest there will be an update coming? I like LOTS, so if there's another update on the horizon, I'll hold off and try that one. No point in installing it today if it will be changed by tomorrow, right? :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Taron wrote: However, I most honestly think that Reaper is really, really blunt. It's like a garage tool that ignores the intended elegance of vsts and their guis.
I agree somewhat.
I would switch to something else but for a few reasons.
First the integration between Reaper and my Panorama is excellent. I don't think I could switch to a DAW that didn't have that.

Secondly I just can't seem to grasp how other DAWs work. Just today I tried the demo of Bitwig (because it supposed to have good Panorama support) and could not make heads or tails of it. All these scene things. Just don't understand. Reaper's layout makes sense to me. :shrug:
Last month I tried MuLab. Sort of understood it, but no Panorama support. :x

Third I like how Reaper lets me spread things out over multiple monitors.
Why do DAW designers try to stuff everything on one screen? I like having lots of things visible without needing to open new windows.

Fourth I have been patiently waiting for Reapers new AI system to go to stable. It looks like it might be getting close. :pray:
Taron wrote: What gets me, though, is that already there are Reaper entries that are quite impressive. Despite what you are experiencing, there may be other ways to make things work in Reaper? I don't know... just wondering.
Yeah, I noticed that last month as well. Might be time for me to wipe the HD and start over fresh. Dread that though
Taron wrote: Anyway, OH HEY, you should try Verve, if you have any fun painting!? I have a GTX 960 and it runs beautifully on it! :D
I've watched a couple of your videos about that before. Looks amazing but I have no ability with visual arts. :(

Anyway, thanks for your willingness to look into the issues I am having with LotS. I will keep plugging away at it and will definitely try any new versions you come up with. :tu:
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

planetearth wrote:
Taron wrote:...
Taron, does this suggest there will be an update coming? I like LOTS, so if there's another update on the horizon, I'll hold off and try that one. No point in installing it today if it will be changed by tomorrow, right? :wink:

Steve
YES, yes it does! And, yes, you may! 8)
I'm sorry this turns out almost rather like a beta session, but I'm also extremely happy about it, of course!
Today will get pretty interesting, I'm sure of that! :idea:

Taron wrote:
planetearth wrote:
Taron wrote:...

Steve
YES, yes it does! And, yes, you may! 8)
I'm sorry this turns out almost rather like a beta session, but I'm also extremely happy about it, of course!
Today will get pretty interesting, I'm sure of that! :idea:
Hey, I don't mind if you're issuing updates on a daily basis for a while. It shows you're still concerned about the product working properly. I wish more devs would do that! :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

HAHA, that's awesome, Steve! Thanks! It's a dangerous thing to "enable" me there, hahahaha. I have a tendency to get pretty excited and post updates too soon. This can get very scary. This is why I'm trying to be as careful as I can be to avoid panic repairs right after an update, hehe.
But, oh, yes, I'm more than just concerned about the product. I love it, love making it, loving learning more and- above all- love making it happen to play with it, too! It brings me plenty of grief, but countless times more joy, coding a new source of music! :phones:

Thanks for your wonderful encouragement! Can't wait to give you something even better to work with! 8)

osx please

michaelbrac wrote:osx please
Linux please ;-)

rghvdberg wrote:
Linux please ;-)
Amiga please! :hyper:

Taron wrote:
rghvdberg wrote:
Linux please ;-)
ZX80 please!
:hyper:

I would like to play so beautiful music to my colleagues sometimes between two tasks at work!

Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I'd love to run it on my 4 mHz 286!

Either that or my Colossus MK2.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

Well, the good news there would probably be: No need to flush to zero? :lol: ...or is there? :?
That really reminds me that I should revive my integer math magic! :D

I wouldn't :)

Integer operations on modern hardware are actually slower than equivalent floating point operations.

BlackWinny wrote:
Taron wrote:
rghvdberg wrote:
Linux please ;-)
ZX80 please!
:hyper:

I would like to play so beautiful music to my colleagues sometimes between to tasks at work!

C64 please

Return to “Instruments”