The Arminator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's good. Innit?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:It's good. Innit?
Very good, great presets... but unfortunately can't be used with Logic.

I have ME80 & CS80v already which I really like, so it was just to compare.

I prefer the commercial synths GUI's, but Arminator is still a great sounding synth that has that CS80 character!

Is there any chance at all Krakli will start releasing 64 bit plugins? That would be really swell to see one day :)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:Is there any chance at all Krakli will start releasing 64 bit plugins? That would be really swell to see one day :)
It'll probably happen one day since SynthEdit is already available as a 64 bit app that can export 64 bit plugins. The problem is that most third party modules aren't available in 64 bit format and a lot of cool SE plugins rely on them. Still, I don't understand why there isn't more people releasing 64 bit SE made plugins. I've done test with the example synth and effect and it works. I think it's only the text that is glitchy, but that can easily be replace by text embedded in the background image.

Any major updates ? Cool new features ? :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:Any major updates ? Cool new features ? :)
Same question as 3 months ago. :)

For me and other people without Facebook.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:
Mutant wrote:Any major updates ? Cool new features ? :)
Same question as 3 months ago. :)

For me and other people without Facebook.
Me aswell. I mean i do have FB bit hate it.

I would love a bigger gui.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Hadn’t heard from the Krakli Plugs Fb group in a while. Dropped by to check if there’s anything new about Arminator in the past little while and it doesn’t sound like there’s been a big update. *But* Ian has been playing with at least one 64bit plugin from Synthedit. So that can open some neat possibilities.
Also noticed someone pushing their (apparently Open Source) solution for getting Windows 32bit VSTs to work on macOS 64bit. Been focusing on Logic Pro X, recently, so this could be cool.

Surprised the Arminator didn't make best plugins of 2017 from bpb. Got robbed I think.

functionform wrote:Surprised the Arminator didn't make best plugins of 2017 from bpb. Got robbed I think.
Agreed, Arminator is definitely an underrated synth. :love:

W O W
Great work

I was using ME-80 so far and it is amazing - probably one of the best renditions of the Blade Runner Leads and Pads. ME-80 also has pretty spot on reverb algo built in (quite similar to the 80's reverbs sound of Lexicon)

But The Arminator with the "Superset" presets is VERY VERY nice. I wont dare to compare it with ME-80 as i think they are BOTH amazing and its amazing we have 2 great CS-80 emulations being developed. I plan to use them BOTH. I don't like Arturia CS-80 V much - never been able to come up with anything id like out of it.

I think The Arminator has a very very nice raw sound and i personally like to switch off the in-built reverb and instead use my own VST effect chain within Reaper.

I think its a lot about effect chain with The Arminator... the raw sound is very very close and to get the 80's Vangelis sound with all its ooomph its all about effects chain.

I use ValhallaUberMod for all my reverb needs - SOUNDS HEAVENLY (sometimes i use 2 in chain to introduce subtle randomness to the reverb modulations)

Also iZotope Ozone 6 - sometimes 3 instances on Master Track to introduce various overlapping warmth, distortion, compression presets that all add up into the final "retro" goodness.

The next step would be to add variability and human feel into the performance which is largely up to your MIDI keyboard functions - i imagine the CS-80 aftertouch was very sensitive and delicate - adding a lot of "randomness" and "variability" into any CS-80 patch:

Velocity Sensitive keys so filter attack opening is not static (always same ramp on every note) but varied throughout the performance

Aftertouch (preferably polyphonic) so you can open filter a little further on SELECTED sounding notes to pronounce them a little bit and make the performance more dramatic

Aftertouch can also be programmed to VIBRATO - adding slight emotional vibrato to SELECTED sounding notes (with polyphonic you can choose which to "vibrate" - usually the high notes like on a violin)

Maybe something like TouchKeys could give you a "horizontal vibrato" where you vibrate SELECTED notes not by vertical pressure on the key but rather by wiggling your finger side-to-side bit like on a violin fingerboard - nice :D

ONE SUGGESTION - can you make a version of the VST with BIG GUI - basically resizing all to 200% and recompiling the VST into a separate download so i could choose to download and install either "normal-size-GUI" version or "big-size-GUI" version of the VST... dont go less than 200% (150% is not worth the hassle) - many studios own 27 / 30 inch monitors with ridiculous resolutions where the GUI is unusable (i have 2560x1600 and the size prevents me from really digging into this plugin)

Arminator 2 Just Landed on the Facebook Group for those that may be interested

mizpulyn wrote: ONE SUGGESTION - can you make a version of the VST with BIG GUI - basically resizing all to 200% and recompiling the VST into a separate download so i could choose to download and install either "normal-size-GUI" version or "big-size-GUI" version of the VST... dont go less than 200% (150% is not worth the hassle) - many studios own 27 / 30 inch monitors with ridiculous resolutions where the GUI is unusable (i have 2560x1600 and the size prevents me from really digging into this plugin)
I have plans to work on that..

Why FB? :-(
What ever!

I know that is unpopular for some but it works for me as it gives me really good engagement with the users. The group is full of really helpful people who are always posting interesting stuff.
As I have said previously as I give this stuff away there has to be something in it for me, and that is the 'oxygen' of interaction with the users. I used to use KvR for that purpose but the market has moved on and while I am using Synthedit and only producing 32bit plugins there is just not the audience for me here, understandably.

FWIW You can also find it here: http://getdunne.net/Krakli/ if Facebook is an absolute No No for you.

Return to “Instruments”